Spiritual Healing Remix (100bpm)

Seriously, I must have gone mad or something.

In headphones, at this particular moment, with the right amount of ... in me, it sounds pretty decent,

but in the morning when i listen in speakers it will probably sound whack as fuk.

I only used reason for this, and mixed only using headphones and mastered only using headphones, i literally have NO idea what it actually sounds like.

but here it is.

A pre-beta demo of my Remix of Spiritual Healing.

Enjoy, I guess.

(btw, picosong somehow messes up the quality. its like it automatically downgrades it to 128kbit or something i dunno.

but whatever. its a wierd project to begin with. but i had fun the past 2 hours or so thats for sure)

end of thread is updated version

Thank you! I was noticing the melody in the intro was a bit painful, but i agree it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, listening to it today, sober.

I think I actually I am gonna work on this track quite a bit.

Maybe sample in that pianoloop from the juan, domi, jorg remix, or a dark pad thingy or something, too keep the intro company.

So I will look forward to doing that. And posting it here.

well, since the intro part is still shitty as fuk, i didnt wanna bore you with like, three minutes of bad intro, so that is still very much a work in progress.

Also, I intend to continue the track using more classic melodies from the original Muses Rapt version, for example the beautiful piano melodies.

so I made a 146bpm version instead, in the meantime :P

and yeah, the intro needs work i know! its horrible ;/

but i still wanna share it, so you can give me ideas, cus im empty in my head now, been thinking and working on this on and off since about 6 hours :o

http://picosong.com/uDF7/

this time i mixed in speakers, so I dunno, should sound ok.

thanks for listening :wub:

how did you do the main lead? it sounds a lot closer to the original than anything we got in the reproducing known melodies thread.

I sampled it, EQd it to remove bass/kick, and Time Stretched it.

So no fancy sorcery, and I wish I could do it on my own.

Yeah I know that thread, I was looking there the other day and I was really freakin impressed tbh.

But yeah. I sampled it .

Sorry to burst any bubbles. :/

By the way im extreeemely impressed what you did with the moonshine thing, that is unbelieavable how close you come to the original. In fact, I could barely notice the difference between the original and yours.

Damn man, why dont you do alot of remixes your self? Its fun, homage to the artist, and you learn alot by trying to re-create songs. (check my Rave Mission Remix thread). I dont aim to re-create any sounds there, but I am to re-create the song structure, then ones im done with that, im gonna start the remixing part.

Which for now, Im bored with :P

I like both of them better than the original, but I have to say that I can't wait for the 100bpm version...it's so hypnotic!

Wow thanks man, that really makes me wanna jump back in and finish the track! I really mean it, comments like these is exactly what I need to get my inspiration flowing.

Thank you! :wub:

I sampled it, EQd it to remove bass/kick, and Time Stretched it.

So no fancy sorcery, and I wish I could do it on my own.

Yeah I know that thread, I was looking there the other day and I was really freakin impressed tbh.

But yeah. I sampled it .

Sorry to burst any bubbles. :/

By the way im extreeemely impressed what you did with the moonshine thing, that is unbelieavable how close you come to the original. In fact, I could barely notice the difference between the original and yours.

Damn man, why dont you do alot of remixes your self? Its fun, homage to the artist, and you learn alot by trying to re-create songs. (check my Rave Mission Remix thread). I dont aim to re-create any sounds there, but I am to re-create the song structure, then ones im done with that, im gonna start the remixing part.

Which for now, Im bored with :P

you didn't burst any bubbles. it was so close to the original that i considered it, but the lack of artifacts from timestretching (when going from 140 to 100 i'd have hear some when i do that in logic) and the lack of remnants from the original track made me wonder :)

thanks!

i do remixes from time to time, but as long as i'm not really satisfied with the result, the public won't hear any of it :). currently working on some original material, but i have plans for turning fullon classics into newschool goa... no idea if that'll work out as well as i imagine, but it'll sure be interesting to try :)

you didn't burst any bubbles. it was so close to the original that i considered it, but the lack of artifacts from timestretching (when going from 140 to 100 i'd have hear some when i do that in logic) and the lack of remnants from the original track made me wonder :)

thanks!

i do remixes from time to time, but as long as i'm not really satisfied with the result, the public won't hear any of it :). currently working on some original material, but i have plans for turning fullon classics into newschool goa... no idea if that'll work out as well as i imagine, but it'll sure be interesting to try :)

Yeah, I was surprised aswell how good it turned out stretching from 146 to 100. Here is the sample, it really sounds pretty clean!

I am impressed with Wavelabs Timestrecher.

dudududu: http://picosong.com/uThD/

melody: http://picosong.com/uThM/ (your own kick and bass completely eradicates the remnants that you do hear when just soloing the sample)

I am looking forward to hearing your stuff even if you are not TOTALLY satisfied, because it is very obvious to me that you have massive talent and skill, just by that Cosmosis remake alone. Please share some of your work with us!

And may I ask, what DAW do you use?

I would LOVE to make a collaboration with you. We could chose a track and then we could remix it together! Would be really really fun I think, even if it turns out bad :)

But we do have to work in the same DAW, sending WAVs back and forth is not going to cut it... Also, we would have to have at least one or two of the same VSTs aswell.

I have quite a few so that shouldnt be a problem. Or we could just use reason :)

interesting, you really don't notice anything in the context.

why not? but i work with logic and mainly use u-he synths. so it's pretty unlikely that we can agree on that ;)

don't get me started with reason. it's nearly the most confusing piece of software i've ever come across. all those cables, different pattern editors and the lack of a overseeable arrange view that's also working for more complicated tracks and the peculiar automation controls nearly made me quit trying to produce for good. it's only when i discovered logic that things "logically" came together :)

interesting, you really don't notice anything in the context.

why not? but i work with logic and mainly use u-he synths. so it's pretty unlikely that we can agree on that ;)

don't get me started with reason. it's nearly the most confusing piece of software i've ever come across. all those cables, different pattern editors and the lack of a overseeable arrange view that's also working for more complicated tracks and the peculiar automation controls nearly made me quit trying to produce for good. it's only when i discovered logic that things "logically" came together :)

what do you mean that you dont notice anything? are you referring to the samples used in the context of my track?

sometimes i have a hard time understanding people even when it might be obvious for the other party.

why not, are you referring to our collaborating? again.. im not stupid or anything, its just, i dont know, i get paranoid i guess, so i just wanna know that i understand correctly :)

sorry.

ooh. you use logic. well thats a bummer. I guess we COULD mail wavs back and forth but it usually dont work very well. It works - if we happen to have a perfect collab-chemistry, but there is a great chance it wont work.

Well, Reason is actually very very simple - but then again, ANY new DAW you are looking at for the first time looks like a Sumerian Tablet.

So i know what you mean. And I dont want you to learn to use reason just so that you can collab.

BUT I do recommend reason, if you have an idea in your head (like i had with this remix) - to quickly get it down in sounds and sequenced.

You dont have to pick vsts or FX and stuff, it goes MUCH MUCH faster to just create it in reason.

Then, once you feel you are satisfied, just export the MIDI, and Import it to Cubase or whatever. That is how I usually do it anyway, when Im serious about a track.

OR - I start in Cubase right away. But it takes longer to get started; in Reason you can just get your idea out instantly, pretty much, because you have eveyrthing in front of you already, samplers, synths, fx, mixer..

Well, I suppose our collab experiment will have to be put on hold then. I do reallly want a Mac and Logic - I am tired of Cubase because I have the 2008 version, since I cannot afford to buy the latest version. And even if I wanted to - there is no crack avaliable for the latest version, so I couldnt pirate it even if I wanted to.

And there has been significant changes in both audio engine, and CPU support, since 2008 - for example, it only uses one CPU core, which of course is redicolous.

Ive of course tried other DAWs, the one that came with my Soundcard, but I didnt like it at all, seemed like a slimmed down version of a poor version of cubase..

FL Studio I dont like either, just because it confuses the hell out of me, I suppose I see FL as you see Reason.

I really do prefer a "real" DAW, like Logic, Protools, Cubase.

I also tried that which was popular a few years back, but I dont remember its name anymore.But I didnt really like that either.

In any way, Im a customed to Reason and Cubase - and I pretty much know exactly what to do when I want to do it, since Ive been using them since 2002 (and see them grow and become better over time) and I dont think I want to learn to use another DAW.

Except of course, when I can afford a Mac+Logic. I think it would be a smooth transition to go from Cubase to Logic, for some reason. Also, I think Logic has a better soundengine, but that is debatable. What I do know however, using a DAW that is from 2008 is just terrible. Nothing I can do about it since I cannot pull money from my lower crevice.

(by the way, I am currently looking into Hackintosh - To get MAC OSX on a PC - and if I can get that working, is Loigic avaliable for "free" ?

what do you mean that you dont notice anything? are you referring to the samples used in the context of my track?

sometimes i have a hard time understanding people even when it might be obvious for the other party.
exactly. the other instruments aren't noticable at all in the mix.

why not, are you referring to our collaborating? again.. im not stupid or anything, its just, i dont know, i get paranoid i guess, so i just wanna know that i understand correctly :)

exactly.
no worries, i could have been more clear by quoting your paragraphs individually.

I guess we COULD mail wavs back and forth but it usually dont work very well. It works - if we happen to have a perfect collab-chemistry, but there is a great chance it wont work.

agreed. especially if you work similarly to me and like to keep everything in midi until you bounce down the finished track. you know, there's always a bit too much resonance on one synth and some fucked up automation on another you'll only notice in the final mixdown ;)

Well, Reason is actually very very simple - but then again, ANY new DAW you are looking at for the first time looks like a Sumerian Tablet.

So i know what you mean. And I dont want you to learn to use reason just so that you can collab.

BUT I do recommend reason, if you have an idea in your head (like i had with this remix) - to quickly get it down in sounds and sequenced.

You dont have to pick vsts or FX and stuff, it goes MUCH MUCH faster to just create it in reason.

Then, once you feel you are satisfied, just export the MIDI, and Import it to Cubase or whatever. That is how I usually do it anyway, when Im serious about a track.

OR - I start in Cubase right away. But it takes longer to get started; in Reason you can just get your idea out instantly, pretty much, because you have eveyrthing in front of you already, samplers, synths, fx, mixer..

sure, any new daw is daunting at the beginning, but it also depends on what suits your individual workflow. when i want to get down a quick idea i had, the thing that takes longest is logic loading all the plugins and the template file. the rest is selecting the right channel, pressing records and playing the pattern.

what gets really complicated in reason (and is a matter of dragging around some regions on most other daws) is the whole arrangement or playing longer more complicated patterns in sequence, but of course that might be different now - the last version of reason i know is 3.0 ;)

I do reallly want a Mac and Logic - I am tired of Cubase because I have the 2008 version, since I cannot afford to buy the latest version. And even if I wanted to - there is no crack avaliable for the latest version, so I couldnt pirate it even if I wanted to.

And there has been significant changes in both audio engine, and CPU support, since 2008 - for example, it only uses one CPU core, which of course is redicolous.

while i can recommend getting a mac, i wouldn't recommend logic if you don't already know it or it if really fits the way you work. it's well.... not exactly the most stable piece of software i know... (which is particularly annoying if you were so occupied with working on your track that you forgot to save in the last half hour)

only one core? wow, that's really not acceptable for 2015 at all. isn't there a daw made by ex-steinberg employees where they tried to fix everything that's wrong in cubase? reaper??

Ive of course tried other DAWs, the one that came with my Soundcard, but I didnt like it at all, seemed like a slimmed down version of a poor version of cubase..

i think i've got the same thing with my audio interface. it quickly went to the trash ;)

FL Studio I dont like either, just because it confuses the hell out of me, I suppose I see FL as you see Reason.

I really do prefer a "real" DAW, like Logic, Protools, Cubase.

I also tried that which was popular a few years back, but I dont remember its name anymore.But I didnt really like that either.

In any way, Im a customed to Reason and Cubase - and I pretty much know exactly what to do when I want to do it, since Ive been using them since 2002 (and see them grow and become better over time) and I dont think I want to learn to use another DAW.

i have no idea about fruity, it's not avaiable on mac. but for instance artifact303 only uses fruity iirc. so i guess it's good enough, if you like it.

isn't protools geared more towards recording in a studio rather than producing electronic music?

i know what you mean. i tried ableton once and didn't like it at all. if i cannot have a good overview of the whole track and quick and easy access to the pattern editor in a seperate window, the daw quickly becomes confusing for me.

Except of course, when I can afford a Mac+Logic. I think it would be a smooth transition to go from Cubase to Logic, for some reason. Also, I think Logic has a better soundengine, but that is debatable. What I do know however, using a DAW that is from 2008 is just terrible. Nothing I can do about it since I cannot pull money from my lower crevice.

(by the way, I am currently looking into Hackintosh - To get MAC OSX on a PC - and if I can get that working, is Loigic avaliable for "free" ?

from what i've seen cubase and logic are the most similar daws out there.

according on what you read in different production forums logic's and cubase's summing engines are both better than abletons, but it's not like you'd notice a huge difference (or any difference at all if you don't have something to compare) with tracks produced with ableton.

logic has become cheaper with the last 2 releases or so, and the copy protection is also weaker than it had originally been 3 or 4 major versions ago if that's what you mean ;)

but apple isn't that nice either. with logic x they dropped support for 32 bit plugins, so i'm using logic 9, which has this funky "32-bit audio unit bridge", which likes to crash every hour or so. and if you run logic 9 in 32-bit more, you'll quickly run out of memory on large tracks, making it somehow impossible for logic to save the file you were working on (wtf?!? seriously!).

Padmapani;

Thank you for the very lenghty reply and explanation :)

Yes you are correct about protools, it is essentially a piece of studio hardware that is mandatory for the software to work. Sorry for not replying to all of it, but I just gotta get this out first :P

Lets forget the discussion about how to work the collab, because I got a splendid idea.

We both use or own daws, we work entirely in midi, so we will have the exact same track - only we use our own synths, samples and FX.

This will mean we will have our own unique version of the same track :)

The perfect solution. So each of us will end up with two entirely different sounding versions of the same track :)

But we use the same midi files.

For example, i make a bassline, send you the MIDI, and you use whatever synth you like for that midi, and I do the same. And we work like this for all our sounds, hihats, fx, everything.

So the same song, but two completely unuqie end results :)

And we eliminate completely the problem of having the same daw, the same vst's, etc.

I think thats a genious idea tbh.

You up for it?

I mean, sending eachother midi files is soo easy and fast, and we can do whatever we like with them, and once we have "synched" eachothers midi files (that we agree upon to use - you might like my bassline midi, I might like your melody nr 3 midi, etc) and two unique tracks of the same song will be created :)

Ive never done this before but its the perfect solution! And if one of us sends us a midi of a melody loop - and there are a few notes in there you dont particularly like - then change them! And if you send me a midi of a hihat loop, Ill do the same!

This way the songs too, will be a bit different, but still the same song, and it will end up

"AP vs Padmapani - Title (Ap version" and "Padmapani vs AP - Title (Padmapani version)"

I think its a brilliant solution if i might say so myself.

And it will be extremely interesting to hear the end results :D

So if you like this idea, all we have to do is either come up with a track to remix, or do something original. But for our first collab I think we should keep it simple, choosing a track to remix, and use eachothers midi files, and change them to our own liking.

And if one of us do not like the others midi file of a certain loop or melody then that person vetos it, and we scratch it, so we only use those we both think sound good.

Then we can of course still make small changes to the pattern.

We could start with midi patterns for example the bassline, the kickdrum, a few hihats, and two melody layers.

Then we just send eachother new midis all the time and say "this midi starts at bar 45" and we try it, tweak it if we like it , or keep it as is, or say "nah dont like that one" and we scrap it, and we chose another midi file to go at bar 45.

I hope you understand what I mean :)

It wouldl be fun as heck, and I really look forward to it!

Also, any automation, lets leave that out of the midi files, lets do those on our own to make the end result more interesting and exciting :D

So in other words,

we exchange midis, we will have the exact same structure and length of the song, but will sound completely different :)

And if there is a specific sample either you or me want to use, then we just send eachother that one and say "put this at bar 108" and if the other person likes it we keep it, if not, scrap it - or use it!

Just as long as the structure of the song, i.e the bpm, length and placement of the midi patterns are identical - we're good! :)

Sorry for repeating myself over and over I tend to do that when explaining something, I guess Im used to explaining to people that doesnt understand, so its not like I think you are slow or anything, its just a habit of mine, to really make sure the other person gets what I mean :)

So what do you say? :D

If you are into it, we shouldl start by finding a way to communicate and send eachother the midis. Email is probably the very best solution since it works for both communication and file attachments.

so feel free to send me an email to aeap@aeap.se if and when you are ready to begin :)

Also, have five suggestions of songs we can begin with remixing, and Ill have five suggestions aswell, then we will agree on one of them.

It doesnt really matter to me which one we end up with, the process will be equally easy/difficult, and equally fun :)

suggestions for our first remix collab;
no particular order at all. i chose pretty easy ones. starting out with a track like Time Dilation wouldnt be very smart i think :)
well, not "easy" ones, but tracks with somewhat re-creatable main melodies :) and again, its going to be a remix, so its not like we have to re-create the track part by part, its a remix and as long as it contains the main melody/theme of the track we are of course free to experiment :D
MWNN - Sugarrush
yahel - for the people
liquid soul - global illumination
talamasca - time simulation
oforia - maximiser
(or pretty much any track with a somewhat simple main theme for our first production :)
dont wanna spend like 5 hours trying to find the notes for something :D

i have started on time simulation a little bit :)

now after a while i finished the three main melodies. but tbh, its a pretty boring track now that i really listen to it.

we could do something really fun out of it, maybe some really fast twilight acid fullon or something.

or a completely different track, do 5 choices aswell and we choose one :)

• 3 weeks later...

ok now its up and frankly im exhausted, i cant make it sound better atm, sound overload my ears need rest.

so enjoy what it is for what it is :)

http://www.aeap.se/priv/spiritual__.mp3

The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing (Elerium115 - 100bpm Remix (Beta version)

08:34 min long

my fav part is probably the sad notes i finally hit,

and the part when the piano loop comes in with that Screeeeaching sound,

then an unexpected break, then all loops playing at once, on coming in after the other, and then bam, main melody.

For next update:

Strings, more "main melody" sampling, maybe some re-arranging, more mixing, more hihat patterns. When and if that day come. For now I hope you enjoy it, even though I hear errors here and there, alot of things bug me, doesnt necessairly mean you hear it the same way i do. So hopefully you'll like it.

Or it will be like 99.9% of my other work. On my sdcard playing in a pair of expensive plug-in headphones in poweramp and noone else hears it :D

Im gonna pause this project for now though, and begin either me and Padmapanis project, or the contest project. The contest project is obviously the biggest challenge, and to be honest, I dont think Ill make it. But who knows.

Peace out!

PS. Mr Juan, if you happen to see this thread, please know, I will never ever try to make any money with this remix. If I ever get booked as a live act in the future, never will I play this without your conscent (like Ananda Shake did) and If I do get your conscent, of course you will be compensated fairly. DS.

• Like 1

ok now its up and frankly im exhausted, i cant make it sound better atm, sound overload my ears need rest.

so enjoy what it is for what it is :)

http://www.aeap.se/priv/spiritual__.mp3

The Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing (Elerium115 - 100bpm Remix (Beta version)

08:34 min long

my fav part is probably the sad notes i finally hit,

and the part when the piano loop comes in with that Screeeeaching sound,

then an unexpected break, then all loops playing at once, on coming in after the other, and then bam, main melody.

For next update:

Strings, more "main melody" sampling, maybe some re-arranging, more mixing, more hihat patterns. When and if that day come. For now I hope you enjoy it, even though I hear errors here and there, alot of things bug me, doesnt necessairly mean you hear it the same way i do. So hopefully you'll like it.

Or it will be like 99.9% of my other work. On my sdcard playing in a pair of expensive plug-in headphones in poweramp and noone else hears it :D

Im gonna pause this project for now though, and begin either me and Padmapanis project, or the contest project. The contest project is obviously the biggest challenge, and to be honest, I dont think Ill make it. But who knows.

Peace out!

PS. Mr Juan, if you happen to see this thread, please know, I will never ever try to make any money with this remix. If I ever get booked as a live act in the future, never will I play this without your conscent (like Ananda Shake did) and If I do get your conscent, of course you will be compensated fairly. DS.

The song is good , i think what they meant about quality is it some sounds pierce the ears a bit around the frequency spectrum which it does , i'd say it's very around the mids and you will probably have to spend some money in monitor headphones/speakers .

The song is good , i think what they meant about quality is it some sounds pierce the ears a bit around the frequency spectrum which it does , i'd say it's very around the mids and you will probably have to spend some money in monitor headphones/speakers .

yep.

i completely agree. i will certainly re- mix it next time i have the feel for it, and yup, i need flat studio monitors to hear it.

using a frequency analyzer to show it visually helps, but certainly not enough.

If i can also suggest i'd be more interested to hear something original :)

of course. this was just something that came to me completely random while drunk.
and i decided to go with it basically cause of starkraver.
But i have TONS of original material, just that none of it is even in alpha-stage...
:)
except ONE track. :)