NewBorn - Nothing But A Title [Cronomi Rec.]

Guest antic

Antic, you are fast dude!!! :P

Here is the full release text :)

NEW BORN - NOTHING BUT A TITLE (2CD Album)

11870796_10153494084615330_1945196031641

:) Writing an introduction text for a new CD should be simple, like it always was. Only this time, we are speaking about an exception. The first line I came up with was: “New Born is Tom Rarin, Tom Rarin is the music, the music is New Borns soul.”

“How to describe some one’s soul?” :huh:

Not an easy task; impossible thy say? Indeed. Cause Tom Rarin (aka New Born) is probably the most colorful and complex Goa artist walking around the scene these days. God, I love that! Only controlled by his own standards."Love within" :wub:

A colorful blend of emotions and sounds makes him the real “New Born” in the Goa scene of today. Only influenced and touched by his pure desire to make music and express himself in notes. With a very specific way of being creative he already set the world on fire with an epic musical poem “The Observer”. :wub:

;) Well this time it will not be any different. Let yourself be amazed and don’t hesitate to taste his “new born” music with your ears and an open mind (very important). Allow yourself being overwhelmed by his sensitivity. Don’t judge by only listening once: carefully, dive deep, dive deeper every time you listen. Become a part of the music, become a part of New Born, join his soul in notes within notes.

Order & listen to the digital release (or pre-order the 2CD album) @

https://cronomi.bandcamp.com/album/nothing-but-a-title

"Don't panic & keep psychedelic"

dj Inada - manager Cronomi Records

www.cronomi.com

• Like 3

I'm on holidays and it popped up in my E-mail via Bandcamp notifications. Takes ages to d/l on my cellular network, but can't wait to give it a listen.

Out of curiosity, was I the first to purchase it? :P

Is there a cheaper shipping alternative? 8€ is a lot.

It was not 'thaaat' bad. :P

It had its moments :)

You get 2CD's for arround €19,5 (postal fee + music) = € 9,25 for 1CD.

Do not forget Cronomi is a small operation, and not a registred company that can get official (big) discount from postal companies ;) We do what we can...

:excl: :) :wub: BUT WE WORKED OUT A SOLUTION: cheeper shipping for EVERYONE :wub: :) :excl:

4,5 euro for shipping :) (from 19th August on)

I hope we can stick to the topic here: the music itself. :lol: Plz keep it positive.

+ Nope, we are distributing all our next releases 100% our self. No other label sells our CD's, we preferred to do it that way (like some other labels are doing too).

I hope we don't loose your respect for that ;) We like to stay 100% independent. Just a choice we made.

• Like 6

These Yellow Eyes. Where did this masterpiece come from?

New Born has gone under the radar, seriously. Great to see Cronomi supporting his work.

You have no idea how happy you made me with this comment! :lol:

This track means a lot to me: its selection was a very special thing...almost an accident, but I'm happy it happenend!

Its vibe is mystic, spiritual, deep, 70's, old skool,... rough and sweet: new born..Like the best foto ever taken with a shallow mystified glare in it :)

You understood: THX mate!!! :wub:

• Like 2

If it wasn't for M-Run I'd have forgotten the whole existence of Cronomi label (no releases within a year) but now Cronomi it is drilled to my corpus callosum for certain. Congrats for this one. Somehow it reminds me of The World Beyond (not saying that any track is alike..just an association..my brain is weird) so it was a go instantly. So, are you gonna start shipping when? Not that I care personally, have it downloaded, but I am gonna make a presentation of this release on my Goa Trance Lovers Finland page next week so I need to tell the right things.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for M-Run I'd have forgotten the whole existence of Cronomi label (no releases within a year) but now Cronomi it is drilled to my corpus callosum for certain. Congrats for this one. Somehow it reminds me of The World Beyond (not saying that any track is alike..just an association..my brain is weird) so it was a go instantly. So, are you gonna start shipping when? Not that I care personally, have it downloaded, but I am gonna make a presentation of this release on my Goa Trance Lovers Finland page next week so I need to tell the right things.

Thanks for your kind words. :D We don't release much, but we are very a live indeed (check our label philosophy on our official site). ^_^:wub:

The official release of the physical CD is scheduled 12/13 sqeptember 2015; when we have a "5 years Cronomi ft. GreenSpirit" party planned in SWitserland @ a btw an epic location (old castle ruins on the top of a hill).

So from that date on the CDs will be shipped for sure. :)

Nothing But A Boredom

Great contribution... <_<

Care to elaborate?

Sure, it's not the most groundbreaking album out there (how one beats Portamento or Artha from the same lablel?!?), but far from "boring". I like the vintage, clean nature of it & simiplicity to the sound synthesis. At times it sounds a lot like old Prana and Total Eclipse ("A sleeper's guide" / "Playing games" / "Something with stuff"), with very pure sounds and simple, borderline naive / childish melodies. 1st part of CD #1 is dark, kind of psychotic, while 2nd gets much brighter & upbeat, which I think provides for a nice contrast there. 1st part is a bit stiff, especially in bassline department (cliched k-b-k-b pattern) & trivial melodies, while 2nd moves further adding some more variation, key-changes, interesting arrangements and takes risks (e.g. "Far from home" with its dark-psy bassline under Talpa-like synth arpreggios). Still I have not REALLY listened to CD #2, but browsing quickly it expands further on the style from CD #1, addding few downtempo and more experimental / daring tunes in between.

So, when you say 'boring' you probably mean that it would most likely work better as a single CD, with only best & most varied tracks included because they're not THAT much different. On this I can agree.

One more thing, which won't probably bother 95% of people out there but, but it bothers me personally - 1st CD is noticeably quieter than the 2nd, to the point that I can't get it loud enough for my liking on my phone or tablet...

• Like 1

Hah you're totally right, now I can make that Total Eclipse connection too. It's very reminiscent! Also A sleepers Guide is the best guitar goa track since Shakta's spaceflowers.

This album is tasty, groovy, imaginative and colourful. How you can call this boring is beyond me. Just listen to The New World. One of the best tracks I've heard this year.

• Like 1

One more thing, which won't probably bother 95% of people out there but, but it bothers me personally - 1st CD is noticeably quieter than the 2nd, to the point that I can't get it loud enough for my liking on my phone or tablet...

That issue has been resiolved :)

...and I thank your keen ears (you know what I mean) ;)

So, when you say 'boring' you probably mean that it would most likely work better as a single CD, with only best & most varied tracks included because they're not THAT much different. On this I can agree.

I also agree that the album is too long. I would appreciate the music more if there were fewer tracks.

That issue has been resiolved :)

...and I thank your keen ears (you know what I mean) ;)

Awesome! Should I re-download it? I take it the CD will receive proper mastering?

I'm really glad you took my PMs to heart and I was able to contribute, even if just ever so slightly, to the great label that is Cronomi!