Crop Circles

astralprojection

As long as were talking Pleiadians, lets talk crop circles.

For me, Nothing beats the Pleadians remix of Full Mental Jackpot. The kick, the melodies, the energy, the EVERYTHING.

other than that I adore Pentagone (which it was called back in 98 on the interwebs) and Antonomasia (not the Lotus Omega remix)

for me this is part of Goatrance legend, and if you arent familiar with Crop Circles you might aswell just go hide behind a corner and lsiten to Justin Bieber.

Lunar Civilization I actually like the Filteria remix :)

the other parts of the album Tetrahedron are OKAY.

let me rephrase;

Pentagone

Antonomasia (Original Mix)

Full Mental Jackpot (Pleiadians Remix) (no other verson comes CLOSE to this one)

Luanr Civilization (Filteria Remix)

(and no, I dont particularly enjoy the Pleiadians remix of Lunar Civilization)

• Like 1

wow, hadnt heard pentagone in a while, doesnt really kick off until the very end , but damn is it good.

its the sound that for me define Crop Circles.

the sound almost makes your brain itch.

@07:35 really does a number on you. too bad its almost at the very end.

DAMN we need a remix!!!!

draeke???? do some of that DAT magic, please.

Im one of those who dont generally like an Artist as a whole, only some tracks stick out every now and again.

Pleaidians and Etnica and including Crop Circles are one of a few, that has some extremely legendary tracks,

but as artist, considering EVERYTHING they have produced - for me, they arent in the top 10.

Does that make me wierd? I mean, some of the tracks they've made, are truly legendary, and 11/10 so they break the scale.

But there are too many "bad" tracks, to, in my opinion, put them as "hey, Pleiadians are like, one of the best Goa Trance producers of all time" then hand my friend all of their CDs.

Thats not what I would do at all. I would make a mixtape of the best ones, which are like, 8-9 tracks.

You get what I mean?

Some artists however, cant seem to make more than a few bad tracks, in lieu of all their other tracks.

Lets say Astral Projection. They've made about 5 bad tracks, and about 15 masterpieces.

That makes them legends.

Pleadians, has made, I dunno, 40-50 tracks? With etnica, about 100?

but only 8-9, really like, 7-8 are legendary status in my book, maybe 10 total if you count in Etnica.

you see my point?

I dunno what the fuck im drabbling about, im gonna shut up now.

Crop Circles are awesome, but I generally only like 3 of their tracks, maybe 4 on a good day.

Pleadians, has made, I dunno, 40-50 tracks? With etnica, about 100?

but only 8-9, really like, 7-8 are legendary status in my book, maybe 10 total if you count in Etnica.

Do you mean only their old school output or all the tracks to this day?

It makes sense then to like only a portion of them since their 2000-2015 tracks are mostly bad.

exactly.

They easily have more than 10! legendary tracks. Most of their tracks are better than the best <2000. Post that, crap!

meh, i could probably stretch to like 12, but for legendary status in my book, a track has to be Peeerfect.

So from Etnica/Pl/CC - about 7-9 legendary tracks. Over ALL time, that is.

But good/great tracks? Sure, there is about 20 of them!

Remember, I am one guy, I am one opinion, I am not fact. Thanks : )

Crop Circles' Lunar Civilization is stellar, especially the Pleiadinans remix. I tried to explain to friends what imo aliens' dance music would sound like and showed them that track. All of them were stunned that it's already that old...it still sounds like the future to me.

Just wanna say that their track Ghost Circles is one of the best Goa tracks ever made.

I think I'd have to disagree with you there. It's a good song, most Crop Circles songs are good, but to me that song along with many of the other Crop Circles songs, exlcuding Lunar Civilization, are just not very noteworthy. Fun to listen to, but nothing that makes me flip out like Lunar Civilization does.

Some of the CC tracks can be overloaded and too much imo (sound quality?) so you have to be in the mood, but some of the tracks are simply stellar and amazing... My favourites: Different Species, the original Full Mental Jackpot (pitched up for some reason) and of course Lunar Civilization!

They actually played an unreleased track on ZNA, so there is more to come... Federico? :P

Some of the CC tracks can be overloaded and too much imo (sound quality?) so you have to be in the mood, but some of the tracks are simply stellar and amazing... My favourites: Different Species, the original Full Mental Jackpot (pitched up for some reason) and of course Lunar Civilization!

They actually played an unreleased track on ZNA, so there is more to come... Federico? :P

Actually they played more than one unreleased tracks, the opening track for their set and one more or two..

I can't tell fore sure as you understand.. :P

I had a discussion with Mark (DJ Solitare) about this.. For now on, as i said above, keep an eye at DAT Records' news / posts...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's very peculiar that this post appeared, spontaneously here.

Right about time someone would post about this legendary project :)!

I have to say that the output of the band is one of the biggest in this genre and I am astonished by the quantity and quality of music they have, both released and unreleased and that my label could happily go on releasing previously unheard tracks by them, for years to come.

But about the already available tracks, I have to say that just 10 perfect tracks, seems to me to be a little considering an output that I think surpass 150 tracks, I have not counted but I have the impression, all projects considered.

I also can understand that Lunar Civilization could seem very heard, but there are still some mixes to be released of it, maybe one of these will please astralprojection here ;)

@Ormion : it was originally intended to be on the album, if it were to be released on Auracle. After so many years a tape cassette emerged, an original promo from UK and I could discover the true track-list it had to have. I didn't have Ghost Circles when I compiled the album in 2007-8 and therefore when I discovered it on dat tapes in the following years, I had to wait the perfect timing and place for it to be released. That is when I started to think about re-issuing the singles. You have to understand I had to work like an archaeologist all these years, and each time I was visiting Max in Ibiza I was searching through his collection of tapes for many many hours, trying to find more lost tracks.. all in all it took me hundreds of hours of attempt listening / ripping to discover all I did.

• Like 1

wow, hadnt heard pentagone in a while, doesnt really kick off until the very end , but damn is it good.

its the sound that for me define Crop Circles.

the sound almost makes your brain itch.

@07:35 really does a number on you. too bad its almost at the very end.

DAMN we need a remix!!!!

draeke???? do some of that DAT magic, please.

Etnica Remix would be the most appropriate .

It's very peculiar that this post appeared, spontaneously here.

Right about time someone would post about this legendary project :)!

I have to say that the output of the band is one of the biggest in this genre and I am astonished by the quantity and quality of music they have, both released and unreleased and that my label could happily go on releasing previously unheard tracks by them, for years to come.

But about the already available tracks, I have to say that just 10 perfect tracks, seems to me to be a little considering an output that I think surpass 150 tracks, I have not counted but I have the impression, all projects considered.

I also can understand that Lunar Civilization could seem very heard, but there are still some mixes to be released of it, maybe one of these will please astralprojection here ;)

@Ormion : it was originally intended to be on the album, if it were to be released on Auracle. After so many years a tape cassette emerged, an original promo from UK and I could discover the true track-list it had to have. I didn't have Ghost Circles when I compiled the album in 2007-8 and therefore when I discovered it on dat tapes in the following years, I had to wait the perfect timing and place for it to be released. That is when I started to think about re-issuing the singles. You have to understand I had to work like an archaeologist all these years, and each time I was visiting Max in Ibiza I was searching through his collection of tapes for many many hours, trying to find more lost tracks.. all in all it took me hundreds of hours of attempt listening / ripping to discover all I did.

Ghost Circles? I have it. But nobody else is going to get it. Sorry. :)

I think I'd have to disagree with you there. It's a good song, most Crop Circles songs are good, but to me that song along with many of the other Crop Circles songs, exlcuding Lunar Civilization, are just not very noteworthy. Fun to listen to, but nothing that makes me flip out like Lunar Civilization does.

Agreed. Lunar Civilization is their (CCs, not all projects) best track its hard to deny that fact. But its not the track i listen to, when I go to listen to CC. Because Ive heard so many million times at parties and 'raves'.

Antonomasia, Full Mental Jackpot (Pleiadians remix) and Pentagon gets more plays, but tbh I havent listened to them for years now. And when I say "listen to them" I mean press play on CD and let it play.

peace

Hi mr Draeke you hero, you!

Well, Considering ALL their avaliable material, even though most of it is really really good, its not legendary enough, except about 10 tracks, and that's just my honest opnion. But even though I have this kinda "top 10" I rarely listen to them anymore, cause of the fact that Ive simply replayed them so insanely many times, I usually go for tracks like ciberland (I liked that spelling :huh: ), or party droid, or microdrive, or other tracks I dont consider "legendary" cause they are refreshing, cause I think ive reached my limit on how many times I can listen to Time Dilation, Zeta Reticuli (Lazy spiral remix) or Antidote (Pl. Remix), for example :lol:

And yes, I usually dont put Etnica and Pleiadians as seperate projects. CC though, I try my best to seperate, cause of Lotus Omega.

Regarding Lunar Civilisation, it is definately in that top 10, the original mix that is, there is no denying it. I just dont listen to it anymore beacause when it came out, in my city, it was EVERYWHERE, all djs played it, It came out on at least two compilaions, all the parties in the forest played it (same symtom with Shakta - Lepton Heada (Deedrah Remix). So now I tend to listen to other tracks instead which most would get 8 or 9/10 scores.

:P

Btw, would you like to see my etnica/pl/cc top 10-12 list? :) Those 10 out of 10 wonders of magical sound engineering.

• 3 months later...

bumping that Zeta Reticuli Lazy Spiral Remix.. AGAIN.. for the 500th time.. got me thinking about CC. So obviously I wanted to talk about them... realising I already did haha.

Pentagon still is my fav. I realise as I said Lunar Civilisation IS obviously their best track but I wanna stray from the norm dammit.

By the way, Nova Fractal - The wheel of time - whenever it gets released, for those of you who havent heard it already mohohahah, its gonna change newgoa forever