Pleiadians appreciation thread 2015

Tetrasect

Now this a cool thread ;) (as always!)

Eventhough I don't own their most loved work IFO ( fuck you Koztas, shove my 100Euros up your ass! ) I do worship them sincerely :)

Maia,

Merope,

Alcyone,

Electra! Amazing..!!

Along with the artists,

I would also like to thank Draeke for repressing IFO.

DAT records for life! Yeeeeeaah

I heard of them only a little later (must've been 2003 or 2004), but immediately IFO grappled onto me and hasn't let go since :D

I think Meter is one of the most intense tracks ever made... it's like an ongoing psychedelic onslaught!

tbh, they aren't overrated but their albums are. perhaps the only album that's fully good is etnica - alien protein. other than that their albums have some not so good tracks. having said that, they have produced some of the best goa tracks in the history of goa trance.

these are the pleiadians track that really matter.

no particular order.

bpc - antidote (pl remix)

time dilation

alcyone

electra

crop circles - full mental jackpot (pl remix)

zeta retuculi (lazy spiral remix)

crop circles - all of them are pretty fucking good but Pentagon is the killer.

etnica - vimana, triptonite, mystical appearance in goa, astral way.

and as said alien protein.

ifo is great allover but alcyone and electra are the only really great ones. Im talking legendary status ofc.

but ifo is great.

fol, i don't enjoy that album at all nor do I enjoy any of the following.

remember this is my opinion. it's not facts.

plur

They are truly the Gods of Goa. They were ahead of their time. I mean Electra is 18 years old and to this day none track Goa or not has much its complexity and power.

FOL is also vastly underrated because IMO it was the next step in Goa trance. It's the first and only album that took Goa to level 2. Unfortunately no one followed...

^

sure I agree that electra is powerful as fuk but i also believe there are many tracks that are much better.

but without going off topic, both antidote pleiadians remix, and time dilation as well as one track I completely forgot : zeta retuculi (lazy spiral remix) all kick both IFO and FOL in the arse.

no way. the really great ones are maia, alcyone and asterope. electra is good but not on the same level. ;)

i can agreee because i actually think IFO are great pretty much allover.

the tracks depends on mood.

but my point is, their tracks like Antidote, Time Dilation and Zeta Reticuli pretty much destroys everything on IFO.

its that Ciberland (Cyber) sound that gets me. That aaaaalmost Etnica sound.

The harsh sounds of Electra really doesnt do it for me.

I much much prefer the sound of Time Dilation and Zeta Reticuli (Lazy Spiral).

But the best no doubt, hands down, of all etnica/pleaidians tracks are ofcourse

BPC - Antidote (pl remix) and Crop Circles - Full Mental Jackpot (pl remix)

nothing can beat those three tracks. NOTHING.

They are truly the Gods of Goa. They were ahead of their time. I mean Electra is 18 years old and to this day none track Goa or not has much its complexity and power.

FOL is also vastly underrated because IMO it was the next step in Goa trance. It's the first and only album that took Goa to level 2. Unfortunately no one followed...

Yesss +1! - Listening to Electra still is like experiencing an unfolding Supernova :-)

FOL has a lot of great tracks to offer, Headspin, Modulation and the superb slowtrancer Seven Sisters will always remain among my favourites.

Which is your ABSOLUTE favorite Pleiadians/Etnica/Crop Circles track? If you HAD to choose one?

I mean, like a gun to your head, and had to choose one.

I dont think I could. Id probably take the bullet, because it is so hard. But when it really boils down to it I guess it has to be BPC - antidote (pl remix)

OH remixes dont count??! Thank god.

Then it is Time Dilation.

Then afterwards I would contemplate my decision for years whether or not I should have chosen Zeta Reticuli (lazy spiral rmx).

But no, I made my decision, I cant go back now, or Ill get a bullet in my head.

Now, nobody's mentioning the epic 1995 track 'Pleiadians', almost reason enough to close this topic. :rolleyes: And how about 'Sonic System'? Not bad at all, really glad DAT Records will be publishing these old tracks again in improved sound quality.

Tbh, they've got too many good ones to pick, let's say, a top-5. They had such a great level of delivery, that even their more average tracks are enjoyable the least. I do think both IFO & FOL are a bit uneven BUT still consider them classics and think they both carry a couple unmatched, brilliant tracks.

Is it just me or how come im the only one who thinks Antidode pl remix, time dilation, and zeta reticuli are their best ones?

I dont get it.

It has that cyber sound that some of the earlier tracks had, called Ciberland and Pleaiadians - but with top not production quality.

I dont get it.

I vastly prefer their work as Etnica, but for the purposes of the thread i'd say these were my favourite Pleiadians picks:

Maia
Electra
Asterope
Analogue Step
Boarding Pass to Balangan

I don't listen to Family of Light very often.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how people would react to the remixes of the classical tracks.

I seriously hope the threads after the release of my IFO version would be much bigger than this :)

I just want to add: prepare for a treat or should I say: an alien threat?

• Like 1

I seriously hope the threads after the release of my IFO version would be much bigger than this :)

Not from me. I kudos you for that mate. Respect Milano Pizza. :)

I think most people will react with "wows" and "omg's" etc. But of course there will be some 'haters' who cannot accept change and must have that vinyl version of the original, or it doesnt sound real. You know the type.

But the Review thread of this triple-cd album, Im guessing, will reach the 10 page mark within 48 hours once someone starts it. I hope Trance2MoveU starts it. Because if he comes in late in a thread, it just dont feel right.

In fact, Tracne2MoveU; create the thread allready. And just post "TAKEN" in the mean time.

Im sure most mods will allow it : )

That said, I of course look forward reading ALL reviews, including my own, but It just feels right if T2MU is the one starting the thread.