rave mission classics - remixed - part 1

staring off my choices with

Planet Fuse - Silent Wishes (AP Remix)

and

Loving Loop - Wake Up Eternity ( United Ravers Remix) (AP remix)

(btw my artist name isnt really AP or AstralProjections, thats just a cover)

my third installment in this series is going to be

Loving Loop - Listen to that phat bass

(it has been covered in MULTIPLE wanna-be tracks( i dont even wanna say their names cus its so shameful but you know who they are... just google listen to that phat bass and you will come up with all kinds of lame shit)

, but there is only one original, can be found only on Rave Mission 10

called (D-Noizers Hardtrance Remix)

I dont have the mp3 for that ATM cus I dont have the proper software installed since i upgraded from win 7.

But I will get it here.

in the meantime just enjoy a small privew of what is to come

(mind you, ive just basicaly done the framework creating the keys, and melodies from scratch, the final product is going to be something completely different.

1. Planet Fuse - Silen Wishes (AP remix) v.001

2. Loving Loop - Wake up eternity (united ravers remix) (AP remix) v.001

3. Loving Loop - Listen to that phat bass (D-Noizers Hardtrance Remix (AP remix) v.001

1)

http://picosong.com/uVUv/

2)

http://picosong.com/uVUd/

3)

http://picosong.com/ujQa/

this is actually an almost complete re-creation of the original, so that I have a basic framework to work on, when i decide to remix it.

so its not a remix per se.

and no i didnt use any midis or anything, just listened to the original and did my best to re-create.

saw it as a musical challange aswell as remix potential. most sounds are still generic and basicallly unmixed at this point.

the same goes for the other two aswell. just thought id try to recreate just by listening to the originals.

then decide where to go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, yeah, I realise they arent really that good, sounds almost like i just took midis from the originals and put new instruments to them.

But I didnt i promise! :)

I re-created by A/B listening to the best of my ability.

Maybe it was too early to share on psynews. Because my purpose once the tracks are re-created is to remix them, but I wanted the foundation, the structure, first.

First and foremost, its a fun musical challenge, you train your ear, and it feels nice and refreshing to have an old track sound new again :)

I actually tried getting hold of Loving Loop and Planet Fuse, but couldnt. Actually Planet Fuse I did get in contact with, but he flat out refused giving me the vocal samples used in the original.

those that say "silent wishes" and "noises" or whatever it is that she says.

He is like 40 years old and seem to take his old music VERY seriously, I mean comon, who am I hurting by re-creating a track that I have no intention of making any money from?

If it was me I would give out the samples directly no questions asked.

Needless to say I was disappointed.