It's time to just say it

johnb820

Maybe I'm just too... OLD! :ph34r:

No.. you just need to get used too :D

If my mom listens to psy, she can not even follow the most basic melodies on those tracks.

The only comment I get form her is like "holy shit, how you can listen to that monotonic BOM BOM BOM for hours? Was listening it for 5min, than i stopped, looked like the singer was leaving the band before they recorded this".

I do not listen to goa a lot because those tippy acid lines don't give anything to me.

Just some random melody, nothing really interesting... o wait.. maybe it's vice versa...

Maybe I don't give a shit BECAUSE i don't listen much to goa. ;) ;)

• Like 1

Go listen to some good old Psychaos or Slide for example and then come tell me about groovy bass. This doesn't come even close.

Hm, just listend to some of Pschaos track - it's too much 'goa' for my taste.

I rather stick with the Highcosmos style, if we are now going to battle each about the most groovy oldschool darkpsy

> And if you think that I can't stomach some darker music, you should have seen me at Xenomorph's gig at ZNA. Now that was some properly haunting mindfuck. With melodies.

Why should I?

I doubt anyone thinks that. I have a suspicion that you can't stomach music without melodies, though.

Reminds me of a guy me and my ex met in India. We talked among other things about her snakes and when she told him they're not poisonous, he replied "it's not a proper snake if there's no poison". So if you ask me, it's not proper music if there are no melodies.

The stock answer people give me when I express my dislike towards all this random noise is "you just don't understand it" or "you just can't handle it". Well maybe I don't, but I don't give a fuck.

• Like 3

> So if you ask me, it's not proper music if there are no melodies.

wow^^

So this is no music according to your defintion?

IMHO Melody is just element on music, but it's mandatory. I mean.. some people even call whales 'talk' or bird chriping 'music', and those creatures truly have no clue about what humas define as melody

• Like 1

As i always said,that the dark psy is not music(most part) It's experiments with daw and vst. Yes they have many fx,but what else,maybe melody or deep idea for a good trip? No,only FX and BPM over 9000. Here in Russia it's called amphodance. In the beginning of 00 dark musicians really had interesting ideas and they supported reasonable level between experiment and trip. But modern dark scene.....Let's be honest,the most part of modern dark psy(not all) it's just a crap.

So if you ask me, it's not proper music if there are no melodies.

Seriously, though, why? Melody is just one element of music. Would you say that ambient music isn't "proper music" because it doesn't have rhythms, or a solo harpsicord piece isn't "proper music" because it has no dynamics or timbral variation?

The stock answer people give me when I express my dislike towards all this random noise is "you just don't understand it" or "you just can't handle it". Well maybe I don't, but I don't give a fuck.

You give enough of a fuck to want to tell everyone about it on the internet.

• Like 1

Reminds me of a guy me and my ex met in India. We talked among other things about her snakes and when she told him they're not poisonous, he replied "it's not a proper snake if there's no poison". So if you ask me, it's not proper music if there are no melodies.

And i absolutely agree.

Well, then those ppl are just same ignoramuses as you are.

I'm out here now, we are not talking about the initial topic anyhow anymore.

Can't handle all those closed-minded-folks here.

For me music is any kind of accustic vibration, which someome can enjoy when he listens to.

And if he is the only one in the univeres that likes this kind of vibration and all others hate it, this is still music and I'm happy for him that he found something he can enjoy.

This whole "you shit taste ololo" ... "I no shit tase, you just don't understand" ... "give a shit, no music" .. bullshit in here is just not worth the time tiping.

Take something with both rhythmical and musical elements and remove all musical elements and you have just the rhythm. Take away the rhythm and you still have music. I can handle an overload of musical elements but not an overload of rhythmical elements (like basically all darkpsy noises).

That's my view on the matter, simplified and in a nutshell.

Here in Russia it's called amphodance.

I just talked to one party organizer here in Finland and he told some people refer it to as "stipe" here, that would imply to need to use of stimulants to enjoy the music. :rolleyes:

Take something with both rhythmical and musical elements and remove all musical elements and you have just the rhythm.

You are making a false equivalence between "musical" and "melodic". Rhythm is a musical element.

• Like 1

And the worst thing in this situation is that most of the new people who start listening to this crap really think that this is a real psy trance and stop his experience of knowing the world of psy trance music. Btw, a similar situation with the fans of Infected mushroom or Astrix etc. Usual dialog:-Do you love psy trance music? -Yeah! -Which track is your favorite? - Converting vegetarians (or anything else from the new) -Ohhh dear,I understand.... -and what do you think about Psycho? -Which Psycho!? -Track Psycho from their album The Gathering. -Which gathering,WTF man what are you talking about?! The curtain falls! The end. Triple facepalm.

• Like 1

What a pointless discussion. Time and again science has proven to us that:

1. Progressive is boring music for introverts with an inferiority complex
  2. Darkpsy is not music, just effects that go well with drugs
  3. Full on is for superficial posers that can't handle an iota of complexity
  4. Goa is for hippies clinging onto an ex-lovers decaying corpse

:lol:

• Like 3

You are making a false equivalence between "musical" and "melodic". Rhythm is a musical element.

Well, proper use of understandable terminology isn't one of my strongest points. I've noticed I have my own slightly unconventional way of looking at things. That can't unfortunately be fixed unless someone finds a way to reprogram my brain, and that's not going to happen anytime soon. You try living with this.

But this is getting way too offtopic. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

And the worst thing in this situation is that most of the new people who start listening to this crap really think that this is a real psy trance and stop his experience of knowing the world of psy trance music. Btw, a similar situation with the fans of Infected mushroom or Astrix etc. Usual dialog:-Do you love psy trance music? -Yeah! -Which track is your favorite? - Converting vegetarians (or anything else from the new) -Ohhh dear,I understand.... -and what do you think about Psycho? -Which Psycho!? -Track Psycho from their album The Gathering. -Which gathering,WTF man what are you talking about?! The curtain falls! The end. Triple facepalm.

This is bloody true. I've had the exact same discussion.

I should've face-palmed him. Bam boom bush! Doom! :D

• Like 1

What a pointless discussion. Time and again science has proven to us that:

• Progressive is boring music for introverts with an inferiority complex
  • Darkpsy is not music, just effects that go well with drugs
  • Full on is for superficial posers that can't handle an iota of complexity
  • Goa is for hippies clinging onto an ex-lovers decaying corpse
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

5. Ambient is for junkies who just came out of rehab. :P

Advised , only wave sounds.. Wooooshhhh, wosshhhhhh.. :D

This genre does have a lot of negativity attached to it. Believe it or not, there is growing consensus among dudes and babes over here that, there is nexus between RUSSIAN psycore//hi-tech artists + Russian Drug mafia.

*Fact that, there is a lot of influx of cheap Amp, Meth and God knows what not.

*Fact that one can hardly dance to this at that bpm without your head loaded with uppers. (Yes yes, I got into psy thanks to KDD and other OSOM dudes but that is past now!)

*Fact that the major shacks in Goa where there are resident well known (Psycore/Dark/Hi-tech whatever you call it) acts and other big names performing are owned by Russian Mafia (how do I know? It's all over the news, everyone knows. Sadly nothing is being done)

all these things back up that thought.

And on top of it "No Melodies". Hmm? Computers you say?

Me says Delegated drug mafia. :P

• Like 1

For me to enjoy this genre- Ive to be in a very specific frame of mind. With fuckloads of thoughts, pipelined back to back ready to flood my brain with all sorts of emotions and a tiny bit of energy. Then hell yeah, I find myself riding that 160BPM wave pretty easily. But it's not a long lasting trip of course, for my brain's stock capacity is limited. But when it was boosted up a notch it was a whole different ball game.

Nowadays I enjoy it in bits. (Mainly for nostalgia sake) or else cant stand it. It's literally gives me headache. The way I see it is, I'm trying to run i7+turbo+some ultra high resource hungry GPU without cooling. What do you think will happen? Of course it will burn! :P

It's too advanced for normality :P

That's the point.

• Like 1