Share your "embarrassing" tracks made by you

Manuser

This thread is to share any tracks produced by you in a non serious and totally amateur way

So not necessary embarrassing but far from the standards of so called good psytrance or goa or whatever

I start with this track produced with Reason 2.5 at least 12 years ago

Feel free to share ^^

my first ever track is lost forever (good riddance!), so i present to you my second track from 2007.

http://picosong.com/uccy/

i didn't know how to program synths properly*, nor did i really understand how to use logic. and gaining that knowledge by experimenting did take a while, so i'll spare you my third and fourth track; these two are even more horrible.

*my method was to tweak some mystery knobs, listen if anything changed and hope that i stumble upon something that sounds decent by accident. needless to say, i ended up with lots of "funny" patches with extreme settings for completely irrelevant parameters and complicated work in the mod matrix to the effect of simply raising the filter cutoff a little ;)

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I've never made an "embarrassing" tune. But I have put a lot of ideas into the trash can :) I really do not think anyone make an embarrassing tune unless they release something they really do not like themselves :) Every tune is a step in the learning process.

• Like 1

I've never made an "embarrassing" tune. But I have put a lot of ideas into the trash can :) I really do not think anyone make an embarrassing tune unless they release something they really do not like themselves :) Every tune is a step in the learning process.

with all due respect Elysium, I dont think many of us had had the luxury of being around as long as you and id dare say most of us in here hasnt released anything yet. We've just been playing around. I know I kept most of my stuff that wasnt pure garbage since 2005, everything before that is sadly gone forever, but I do have something coming up in this thread a bit later.

But I dont think this thread is about any tracks we are embarrased about that we RELEASED.

I think its just about tunes we made that we might look back on now and cringe a bit.

So again, with all due respect, hold back on the elitism. (yes, it came through as elitist, saying you dont have anything youre embarrassed about because that went into the can - and you go on saying you wouldnt release anything you were embarrased about.) That kinda takes away the spirit of the thread, at least as I recieve it.

Then again I could be wrong, these forum aliases in this thread could all be major artists like yourself, and not simply amateurs playing around here and then.

Okay, youre just Elysium, never made anything good tbh, but what if you were , say Simon P, just walked in here saying "oh i never made anything embarrassing, why would I release it if I thought it was embarrasing".

Also, I am POSITIVE all the great artists have released stuff over the years they are embarrased about today. Good thing youre not mate.

Turn the EGO knob down a tad will you? Wayy too much resonance.

Now then, on with the thread... Ill go next, If I get the darned thing finding the files hehe, Reasons been searching my library now for like 5 min.

with all due respect Elysium, I dont think many of us had had the luxury of being around as long as you and id dare say most of us in here hasnt released anything yet. We've just been playing around. I know I kept most of my stuff that wasnt pure garbage since 2005, everything before that is sadly gone forever, but I do have something coming up in this thread a bit later.

But I dont think this thread is about any tracks we are embarrased about that we RELEASED.

I think its just about tunes we made that we might look back on now and cringe a bit.

So again, with all due respect, hold back on the elitism. (yes, it came through as elitist, saying you dont have anything youre embarrassed about because that went into the can - and you go on saying you wouldnt release anything you were embarrased about.) That kinda takes away the spirit of the thread, at least as I recieve it.

Then again I could be wrong, these forum aliases in this thread could all be major artists like yourself, and not simply amateurs playing around here and then.

Okay, youre just Elysium, never made anything good tbh, but what if you were , say Simon P, just walked in here saying "oh i never made anything embarrassing, why would I release it if I thought it was embarrasing".

Also, I am POSITIVE all the great artists have released stuff over the years they are embarrased about today. Good thing youre not mate.

Turn the EGO knob down a tad will you? Wayy too much resonance.

Now then, on with the thread... Ill go next, If I get the darned thing finding the files hehe, Reasons been searching my library now for like 5 min.

Wow you take things personally. "EGO"? I was merely joining a debate where I think the term "embarrassing" is wrong as no one should feel embarrassed for having fun and being creative no matter the end result.

I do know what the topic is all about and I disagree that anything - no matter who made it - should be seen as embarrassing. Nothing is embarrassing in my eyes and ears no matter if it's from an established artist or a newcomer or a bedroom producer. It's a learning experience. That was my point you seem to misunderstand in your blind dislike of me and my music (peace with that).

Wow you take things personally. "EGO"? I was merely joining a debate where I think the term "embarrassing" is wrong as no one should feel embarrassed for having fun and being creative no matter the end result.

I do know what the topic is all about and I disagree that anything - no matter who made it - should be seen as embarrassing. Nothing is embarrassing in my eyes and ears no matter if it's from an established artist or a newcomer or a bedroom producer. It's a learning experience. That was my point you seem to misunderstand in your blind dislike of me and my music (peace with that).

Hi! Actually I wasnt taking it personally, I was taking it for the thread- so to speak.

Let me try and explain, I find it quite cocky entering a thread, like you, an esteemed artist who has been putting out music since what, 1994? - starting by saying "I never made anything embarrasing".

I mean that to me, sounds like your ego is a bit big mate, seing as your music isnt that good to begin with. (I dont like your jungle/tribal approach to goa - so its just a matter of taste, glad youre cool with it) I kinda like Tranc. Psycho. because it is on one of my favorite comps; Tantrance 6.

But I have no dislike for you, I just found your post very distasteful, and disrespectful.

But now since you shed another light on your post that wasnt there before, I see what you mean, and of course I agree. And I guess Im sorry for misinterpritated it.

And then an admin arrive an point the finger at me and once again I am the bad guy...Flash back ;)

Why am I not surprised ;)

It's obviously ok to tell me that I have a big EGO and I am being elitist when I dare to debate (where he totally misunderstood my point of view). And then an admin arrive an point the finger at me and once again I am the bad guy...Flash back ;)

Why am I not surprised ;)

I am sorry , dude, for misinterpreting you. Its clear to me now that you meant no elitism at all.

I and get what you meant.

I dunno what story you got with the mods but count me out from it. I am sorry i missed your meaning, cus it sounded elitist as fukk to me, coming from a legend such as yourself. Even though I respectfully dont like your music that much.

Heres some of my 'embarrasing' tracks I found from 1999...psybient.

I had a virus A, mc303 , ER1 and as Cosmosis tips page warns, suffered severe loopitus as i was completely sucked in by the virus sounds.

These tracks composed themselves, the machines led the way. i did not know how to master and i was too shy but they tell a story.

• 2 weeks later...

My one and only ever made track... and it's not trance, barely even psychedelic :) Everything else are just project files in FL which I can't even play anymore due to old versions, lost samples, etc.