Mr. Robot

astralprojection

Mr. Robot is hands down the best series in a very very long time.

Rami Malek

mr-robot-rami-malek_article_story_large.
is legendary in his roll as Elliot, and the plot is amazing.
I especially like films that have to do with hacking and computer security, but in lieu of documentaries, have I ever seen a film or series that has so much realism as Mr. Robot.

The plot is also a direct parallell to reality and a complete anaology of our world we live in.
Sure, the series has it flaws, but they are easily discarded by the general awesomeness of the show.

Every episode has a cliffhanger of sorts, makes you hankering for the next episode like a fix.

Speaking of which, Elliot has anxiety issues and self-medicates with Morphine.
He reminds me of my self in many ways, although Im not a hacker by any means, nor do I self-medicate with Morphine.

I am however very computer savvy, very anxious and have social anxiety, depression and I do self-medicate with various opioids, just not morphine because when taking it orally or even nasally like Elliot, it has only a bioavaliability of 50% which means you have to either inject, or take double dose.. He would much rather take Oxycontin or Methadone with has almost 100% oral avaliability.
Oh well.
Im not here to promote drug use, but it is a very interesting and big thing in this show. The fact that Elliot is hooked on Opioiods. Even if its just Morphine which is, actually, not a very strong opioid compared to the ones that are avaliable. Maybe that is also why they chose Morphine as the drug of choice for Elliot - even though Im not so sure about that since Morphine in the eyes of the general public - is like, almost Heroin. (Which is not far from the truth since Heroin becomes Morphine inside your body after metabolism - but thats another story entirely, one that I know very well and could write a scientific thesis on.)

Back to the realism of the show, I havent found more than a few (and then I am nitpicking) things that arent real. For example I saw an IP adress with a number larger than 255 in the adress. But Ill gladly let that slide.

So psynewsers, what do you guys feel about the show, and If you havent seen it, its readily avaliable all over the internet - I will not go into debate of obtaining it legally or legally - and it is of course airing on Wednesdays in the USA.
I know it will very soon come to Europe, so if you are not down with watching shows illegally, I completely get it, and you really have something great to look forward to.

If you guys wanna discuss the show here, the episodes and what not - please use spoiler tags so that you do not spoil the show for those who hasnt seen it yet :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/

I've watched three episodes, but didn't grab me that much. Does it get better later? I want twists and turns.

yes, there are both twists and turns. Usually three episodes are not enough for ANY series to grab you, to be honest.

But I suppose if the first episode didnt hook you, I dont think this might be for you.

You probably have to have a true interest for general conspiracies, anxiety, drugs, paranoia, and hacking, to like this show.

Hahaha..I cracked up because that fella in the pic looks like Morphic Resonance :lol:

"that fella" is Rami Malek, but Im 'glad' the thread cracked you up.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of this TV show, it was refreshing to me, but even they started great, towards the end of season they lost the grip and watered down the story.... and baaam, at the end we have huge cliff-hanger. I will give a chance to second season too and hopefully they will improve.

I like the idea of this TV show, it was refreshing to me, but even they started great, towards the end of season they lost the grip and watered down the story.... and baaam, at the end we have huge cliff-hanger. I will give a chance to second season too and hopefully they will improve.

even if i dont want to , i have to agree.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wateched first 3 episodes of second season and it became borefest (at least to me). If anyone has seen complete second season, is it getting any better towards the ending? I would give it another shot, but I'm suspicious...

I wateched first 3 episodes of second season and it became borefest (at least to me). If anyone has seen complete second season, is it getting any better towards the ending? I would give it another shot, but I'm suspicious...

Same for me. I became garbage I have no interest at all of it anymore.

IT GETS MUCH BETTER IMO! I enjoyed the second season more than the first. I definitely recommend you go through it. The second season is a downward spiral into madness. That is why the first few episodes are a bit on the slow side. I think you will like it

The second season is interesting however it becomes all like an hallucination, you have no clue at some point what is real and what is not (on purpose). However, they still have to explain a lot of things at the end of the second season (I have watched both entirely) and it is becoming boring to wait for the answer to a few key questions, but i suppose if they did tell you what was what the show would just end. It's a nice series overall and it has some real hacking things into it.

The second season is interesting however it becomes all like an hallucination, you have no clue at some point what is real and what is not (on purpose). However, they still have to explain a lot of things at the end of the second season (I have watched both entirely) and it is becoming boring to wait for the answer to a few key questions, but i suppose if they did tell you what was what the show would just end. It's a nice series overall and it has some real hacking things into it.

That precisely what I love about the show the most. You have no idea what is real and what is imaginary, a hallucination as you called it. The seconds season made me feel as crazy as Eliot and I love how he is as confused as we all are about the stuff that happens.