How to make this evolving growling bass sound?

its probably a standard subtractive or maybe FM synthesizer like for example Subtractor in Reason, using probably the ordinary saw wave, at a somewhat low key, i'd say somewhere around the C1-C2 octave range.

It sounds like it has a chorus effect used as an insert, thus creating a stereowide effect, and it has distortion programmed like the distortion on a Roland 303.

I'll take a look if I can re-create it, if I can just get Reason to work on Windows 10 as I just upgraded... :/

this isnt very close but considering i spent about 10 minutes the sound could definately be created using reasons subtractor.

just have to fiddle with the filter and use whatever key you want the note to be played. I just used one note, the original sound is probably two or more notes playing together.

i also only used one Oscillator (saw).

the "filter sweep" was just an LFO controlling the Frequency/cutoff.

and a default reverb and delay as sends.

and of course a chorus as insert aswell as a stereo-enhancer.

all within reason, no post-production at all.

http://picosong.com/ueXx/

(no critique or bashing needed, i realise its not the sound.)

so spend an hour or so and youll probably get pretty close!

this isnt very close but considering i spent about 10 minutes the sound could definately be created using reasons subtractor.

just have to fiddle with the filter and use whatever key you want the note to be played. I just used one note, the original sound is probably two or more notes playing together.

i also only used one Oscillator (saw).

the "filter sweep" was just an LFO controlling the Frequency/cutoff.

and a default reverb and delay as sends.

and of course a chorus as insert aswell as a stereo-enhancer.

all within reason, no post-production at all.

http://picosong.com/ueXx/

(no critique or bashing needed, i realise its not the sound.)

so spend an hour or so and youll probably get pretty close!

Nice one! The fundamentals is there in what you made, I'm using omnisphere and have gotten pretty close.. playing it in a track with pads and white noise it would sound pretty good :), but still nothing like U-recken's quality

Nice one! The fundamentals is there in what you made, I'm using omnisphere and have gotten pretty close.. playing it in a track with pads and white noise it would sound pretty good :), but still nothing like U-recken's quality

Im curious to see what you came up with using Omnisphere. That would probably have been my third or fourth choice since its sample based (IIRC) and Im sure there is a sample in there with a similar sound just needing some tweakage.

I also really really love the sample based synth called... uhm... what is it.. damn memory.. oh yes, Alchemy. http://www.kvraudio.com/product/alchemy-by-camel-audio/details

Wonderful piece of software there. Too bad the one I got was a bit buggy. And I aint got that kinda dough.