Psychonauts-Shadows Of The Moon

Ormion

I like the melody and don't find it too cheesy. However the production and sound is definitely a product of its time, and shares a lot of similarity with other trance of the mid 90s (particularly Israeli Goa). So it's hard for me to get hyped about it after listening to 5 other albums with a similar sound... but if someone used this melody with today's tools, I think that would be something :)

• Like 1

it's a great melody, making this track one of the 150 tracks (out of >4500) that get a 5 star rating from me. i especially the melody at 4:49 or more specific the transition from the third bar of that melody to the fourth is nice.

but it really sounds dated and could use a refresh. preferably with a bit of un-nitzho-ing ;). good luck to anyone trying that. with the lead sounding so dirty and the generous use of portamento it's not going to be an easy task.

• Like 2

This ones a track that has honestly gone under my radar all these years. Yes the melody is epic, it's a very good track! One of those, like mentioned, that would be a dream to have in a bit more modern sounding quality.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi everyone! I am George Pantelidis, the one half of "Psychonauts". I'm glad you liked the track and our work in general. Actually i wrote the melody in one take, without quantize and things like that. That's why it has a human feeling maybe. Another thing is that the track is totally unmastered, because my partner  hurried to send it to the label for a release and i did't have the chance fix the mix and do the master. So  the track has some grittiness and punch....Kind of a primitive feeling....After all i am glad that people embraced the track and it was an instant banger!

Thanx everyone who still listen to our music . :)

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 1:21 PM, Psychonauts said:

Hi everyone! I am George Pantelidis, the one half of "Psychonauts". I'm glad you liked the track and our work in general. Actually i wrote the melody in one take, without quantize and things like that. That's why it has a human feeling maybe. Another thing is that the track is totally unmastered, because my partner  hurried to send it to the label for a release and i did't have the chance fix the mix and do the master. So  the track has some grittiness and punch....Kind of a primitive feeling....After all i am glad that people embraced the track and it was an instant banger!

Thanx everyone who still listen to our music . :)

Respect for your work! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 11:41 AM, Oopie said:

This ones a track that has honestly gone under my radar all these years. Yes the melody is epic, it's a very good track! One of those, like mentioned, that would be a dream to have in a bit more modern sounding quality.

Same here, the track is amazing! I'd definitely buy a re-master...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2016 at 11:37 AM, thanosp81 said:

Aaaah, Psychonauts. Alongside Psycho Meditation and Cyan the best 3 greek groups to produce Goa back in the days (yes, yes slightly cheesy but still).

Gene joke?

• 6 months later...
On 6/6/2020 at 1:21 PM, Psychonauts said:

Hi everyone! I am George Pantelidis, the one half of "Psychonauts"

Do you perhaps remember where you got the speech samples?
Don't really understand what they say, so I don't think I can find them unless you maybe remember...

Ps: Thanks for this track man!
One of my favourite morning tunes for sure!