Facebook account lockout.

choxon

Hi guys, i need some help.

Yesterday (out of nowhere) my official Lunar Dawn account has been locked (probably for not using real name) and it asked me for ID and shit. Does anyone knows how much time is needed for them to unlock after you send them your cripllized ID (i removed everything besides needed data).

Did anyone had similar expirience?

I think I´ll go on Zuckenberg´s wall after they unlock me and say few words to him! :D

It was not your official account, but personal. Official pages have the possibility to like the page and they are not based on friendship requests. If the page name would have been your real name, not the artist name, I don't think that'd happen. I have my fb page name exactly like the name stands in my passport (they can close me down only if I get illegal or likewise), but one of my friend (not an artist) with personal profile was closed down because he had imaginary name on fb and fb asked him to use his official name which he did and got the account back.

The fb policies like this have one aim: to make money through advertising. Also, artist pages may lose inactive likers because the inactive do not visit the page and don't click the ads.

I cannot say what to do, but know this: we all support you and are with you and because fb doesn't track me (I think), I took the priviledge to update my status, with friend restrictions ofc, yesterday: Just a short announcement: if you wonder where Lunar Dawn's fb profile went; he's having some issues with fb policies..not him, but fb, ya know.. private profile vs. page issues, I think. Let's hope he'll get them solved very soon. Mirza's comment: That's so stupid, I hate FB for being so destructive to artists... Their policies are a joke. (liked by me and Exogen), more Mirza:The worst thing is that you potentially lose all your contacts over night, without any prior notification that your profile might be closed down. Dmitry: Stupid rules!!!!

Sretno!

• Like 2

It was not your official account, but personal. Official pages have the possibility to like the page and they are not based on friendship requests. If the page name would have been your real name, not the artist name, I don't think that'd happen. I have my fb page name exactly like the name stands in my passport (they can close me down only if I get illegal or likewise), but one of my friend (not an artist) with personal profile was closed down because he had imaginary name on fb and fb asked him to use his official name which he did and got the account back.

The fb policies like this have one aim: to make money through advertising. Also, artist pages may lose inactive likers because the inactive do not visit the page and don't click the ads.

I cannot say what to do, but know this: we all support you and are with you and because fb doesn't track me (I think), I took the priviledge to update my status, with friend restrictions ofc, yesterday: Just a short announcement: if you wonder where Lunar Dawn's fb profile went; he's having some issues with fb policies..not him, but fb, ya know.. private profile vs. page issues, I think. Let's hope he'll get them solved very soon. Mirza's comment: That's so stupid, I hate FB for being so destructive to artists... Their policies are a joke. (liked by me and Exogen), more Mirza:The worst thing is that you potentially lose all your contacts over night, without any prior notification that your profile might be closed down. Dmitry: Stupid rules!!!!

Sretno!

Hahah, thnx for support Anu and to other guys too. Well, i managed to get an answer from them - it is being reviewed. Problem is that i was mainly using LD profile, not LD page for promotion and interaction and shit went down in a second. Like Mirza said, without any previous warning. Problem is, that on LD page i cannot do lots of stuff i do normally on profile, like for example i cannot tag some people through LD page. In any case, this made me mad and i´m one step closer to switch to Minds :P I´ve already opened account there, just have to go through it to get the feeling how are things working there.

Hi guys, i need some help.

Yesterday (out of nowhere) my official Lunar Dawn account has been locked (probably for not using real name) and it asked me for ID and shit. Does anyone knows how much time is needed for them to unlock after you send them your cripllized ID (i removed everything besides needed data).

Did anyone had similar expirience?

I think I´ll go on Zuckenberg´s wall after they unlock me and say few words to him! :D

This happened to me when I tried to use foreign browser like Nokia Browser or UC Browser and something like Tor Client to hide my IP address while browsing. This can be easily resolved by sending a colour scan of your Goverment-issued ID to Facebook. Facebook has some strict rules on not using real names. Not sure if they might force you to change your Facebook name afterward, if they do I would suggest you create a Facebook page instead, if you don't already have one.

• Like 1

Thnx. I have already submitted ID and they´ve contacted me. Well, i think it will be name - artist name - surname, like Psilocybian did (they didn´t harrased him afterwards so...) earlier. Page I do have, but page limits some options, and page also does not serve info equally to all members (commercial policy, you have to pay for reach...)

i think that he will have to do much more better than that :(

Hah no, I think Anu was referring to the fact that I used my first and last name on FB, putting "Arronax" in between. I've been using it for years now without any issues.

• Like 2

Hah no, I think Anu was referring to the fact that I used my first and last name on FB, putting "Arronax" in between. I've been using it for years now without any issues.

Yes, Psilo did the same thing and it went ok. Btw, nice avatar, Neogoa stuff ae?

• Like 2

Sad to hear that you can't use it, but I had even worse nightmare with Facebook and their rules. It still hurts my heart to know that our page was deleted.

Well, I can use it now. But they renamed my profile to K.I. :)