Veasna

pdinklag

Ave!

Time to hop on the Psynews bandwagon, and I feel the first thing to do here is introduce what I do!

In late 2013, after years of making different kinds of music and heavily inspired by my first goa festival and party season (Belgium, hell yeah!), I decided to try myself in the goa trance genre - my project Veasna was born. In general, I'd put my work in the oldschool-ish category, in that it's pretty experimental with inspiration coming from virtually anywhere (especially oldschool goa, uplifting trance, death and thrash metal), and with many twists of my own.

I was able to gain some buzz by having my track Quantum Conundrum released on Neogoa's late 2014 compliation Celestial Transvibrations (thanks Richpa!), and some more when I sent an album-sized pack of tracks to Suntrip Records earlier this year. That didn't get me any more releases (yet), but it put me on the map of Suntrip DJs and organizers and I got my first bookings as a result!

So, motivation is high and there's a lot to come in the future!

I'm sharing a bunch of tracks on my SoundCloud, please feel free to have a listen or two:

My track Quantum Conundrum can be downloaded either on Ektoplazm as part of VA - Celestial Transvibrations or as a single track on my newly created Bandcamp page.

I'll be looking into getting a multi-track release out there soon as well.

Until then, enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Wow, nice track, really like it ! At about the 3rd minute mark I was concerned about the repetitiveness of the track, something recurrent with this kind of "spinning acid" style, but you did a good job and it never gets boring.

• Like 1

Your stuff is all good. And I am more than glad you established an account here. Busy man, busy times but keep on posting ;)

• Like 1

I'd heard 'Quantum Conundrum' before, but I prefer the direction that these new tracks take. They remind me a little of Doof, in the sense that they groove at a consistent energy level without becoming repetitive or doing anything to break the flow. 'Warp' in particular is one of the bounciest goa tracks I've had the pleasure of listening to.

Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! :)

And I am more than glad you established an account here.

Yeah, I dunno, I created this account in January. Seem to have forgotten about it until I tried to register yesterday. :D

I'd heard 'Quantum Conundrum' before, but I prefer the direction that these new tracks take. They remind me a little of Doof, in the sense that they groove at a consistent energy level without becoming repetitive or doing anything to break the flow. 'Warp' in particular is one of the bounciest goa tracks I've had the pleasure of listening to.

Doof, yeah, now that you call it! I've never known a lot from Doof until the DAT release, it's a shame I missed it for such a long time. I actually had Electric Universe in mind creating these newer tracks, but the style has already drifted off again. That's a good thing, I suppose. :)

nice track, bouncy sawchains :P:D

Are you coming this year for BalkanGoaFanatics: The Rise Of Balkanix spectacle? I got sneek peek info about location, and believe me, universe is smiling towards us! :)

nice track, bouncy sawchains :P:D

Are you coming this year for BalkanGoaFanatics: The Rise Of Balkanix spectacle? I got sneek peek info about location, and believe me, universe is smiling towards us! :)

Thanks!

And yes, I was there last year, and I will be there this year... ;)

• Like 2

Thanks!

And yes, I was there last year, and I will be there this year... ;)

We even met i think, but mate - 5days of that madnes and less than 8h of sleep throughout... I was going from fest to work to fest all 5 days, sleeping in my car with those rats Imba and Nova Fractal hahahah :D

• Like 2

We even met i think, but mate - 5days of that madnes and less than 8h of sleep throughout... I was going from fest to work to fest all 5 days, sleeping in my car with those rats Imba and Nova Fractal hahahah :D

Very well possible, there were so many people to meet even though it was so small. Family festival!

I gather the location will not be the same this year? It was very nice and easy to reach (I walked from the Zagreb arena along the Sava), I love how the place transitioned from the first night's mudpit (with that cheap-ass rain cover that almost crashed down on people many times) to goa paradise, with hammocks and nice little places everywhere. :D

Anyway, I'll be there, you can count on that!

• Like 1

Very well possible, there were so many people to meet even though it was so small. Family festival!

I gather the location will not be the same this year? It was very nice and easy to reach (I walked from the Zagreb arena along the Sava), I love how the place transitioned from the first night's mudpit (with that cheap-ass rain cover that almost crashed down on people many times) to goa paradise, with hammocks and nice little places everywhere. :D

Anyway, I'll be there, you can count on that!

Hahaha, if we only knew, i could give you a lift, cause i´m working in Arena Center... But it´s a nice walk indeed, probably better than to ride over that bumpy road :)

Yes, location is going to be in southern part of Croatia in wilderness, little harder to get to - but hey - believe me it will be a blast if everything goes well as planned! :o:wub:

• Like 1