Did Simon Posford completely quit making trance ?

Guest benevolent_demon

I dont think he would be mutually exclusive...I would

think he could make a beautiful concept album of fast

wicked psy as well as the downtempo...the subkha track

on eclipse however..i would like to hear more tracks on this level--

this is where i start seeing the bridge between the experimental

drum and bass like aphex twin and psy...brilliant.

--- author: Negrosex - "Mozart did more than just hold down some keys and let an arpeggiator do the work" ---

arrogant f*ck, do some research how producers created their music before you spit out quotes like that. I'm not dealing with Mozart now, just focusing on Simon Posford.

Negrosex, do you actually know ANYTHING about electronic music composing? In terms of todays technology you can just download a cracked VSTi, start an arrpegiator, record it and do some filter automations. But that wasn't the case when Posford did his classic goa albums in the 1990's.

The computer was an old Atari ST, everything he delaed with that was MIDI-information. Everythings else, the playfulness, isn't just arrpegios, and it's highly skilled programming, creativity and mangling of sounds. And most important, more of an elctrician work with all the patch-cables between fx-boxes, old analouge synts and all kinds of wicked connections just to create f*cking sounds and effects no one has heard before. Or are able to re-create, without connecting those hardware elements and tweak them in the way he did.

With the small studio ha has (about 10 synths or less) he did it the most EFFECTIVE and COMPLEX way you can imagine with that (pretty old) music making technology.

He recorded everything to hardware hard-disc recording system, which demands way more knowledge and work (and brainuse) for the operator. As you can't SEE what you're doing, in the way you can on a computer screen. WAY more hassle than a software audio recording program like Sonar, Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools etc..

People with dual 3 GHz processors, XXXX mb in ram-memory and the one hundred latest VSTi-synths still wonders HOW THE HELL DID HE DO THAT?? HOW COULD HE DO THIS!? Did he really worked with 'only' midi and synths in the 90's??? Yes he did, Posford did it with the touch of human hand and he did it like no one else!!! a TRUE genius he his.

Well im not gonna discuss if he programmed arpeggios note by note in pro24 or used the arpeggiator on one of his synths. My point is that arpeggios and arpeggio-like patterns aren´t very hard to compose. So in that departmen he aint no Mozart. And i would like to believe that i know something about "electronic music composing" since i´ve been doing it for almost ten years. I know for a fact that you don´t have to be genious to use a hard-disk recorder or connect a synth to a fx box, people have been using far more primitive equipment to make music. He used wicked connections to make sounds? You mean he connected a drum machine to the trigger input of a noise gate? Wicked! Producers had been doing that for years.