4. Frozen Ghost - Fridget Midget

5. Lost & Found - Integration

6. Rubix Qube - Qubinomix

7. Xatrik - Icey

8. Lost & Found Vs. Frozen Ghost - Sin Stereo

9. Zion Linguist - Game Over

10. Smugg Juggler - Heathen Race

"You smell that? It's freedom."

Nope. Just farted. Taco Bell you know. MMD Records is another label from South Africa with a pretty good track record. The list of artists has me salivating like Josh Duggar at a family reunion. Shall we begin?

Binary-

HMdqtSg.jpg

Original working title before the editors got wind of it.

When you're staring up at average it's a sad state of affairs. What a letdown considering the past work from both of these projects. Couldn't find a more annoying lead sound? This isn't tripping over the first hurdle it's breaking an ankle getting of the toilet in the locker room.

Frost Friction- Thank you Mr. Ghost for getting us back on the good foot. This was eerie and bouncy at the same time.

Makeshift- Ah f*ck here we go again. Way too many stops and starts without building any momentum. Like driving to work. In first gear.

Fridget Midget- At this point I'm almost ready to start the breakage, but as usual Barry to the rescue.

8fVcTWH.jpg

Not that one. This is the eminently danceable Frozen Ghost I love. A massively dark sound that will keep you moving. As far as I'm concerned this was the beginning of the comp for me. After Barry Lost & Found, Rubix Qube, and Xatrik set things right with some acid ridden laser stormers that will get the pulse up. Then pairing Lost & Found with Frozen Ghost takes that to f*cking eleven.

Game Over has some good swagger (that bass is rumbly tumbly) and a cool Aliens sample, but it's a drop off from the previous five tracks. Ex-metal heads Smugg Juggler close with a dark and powerful brooding track and ends things with a bang. So what began as a eye rolling migraine in training, became some night time psy awesomeness. Definitely recommended if you're a fan of the South African sound.

Psyshop

Beatspace