Twilight these days

gastlee

Hey guys, just wanted to get some general opinions on the twilight coming out of South Africa lately.

It seems to be losing a bit of hardness and getting a bit "fluffy", yet I can't seem to dislike it.

Would love everyone's feedback :)

Some of the artists I have been obsessed with for a while...

the great majority is night fullon, not twilight.

CPU made some harder, noisier fullon back in the day.

the only thing that's from twilight are those way-too-detuned leads that i don't particularily like.

still, if night fullon once again replaces darkpsy at nightime at the parties/festivals i'll be a happy person :).

Artifakt stopped making music as far as I know.

Phyx too.

Xatrik is nowhere.

Apparently Shift is working on a new album. We'll see. Twisted System in a new ep, but I don't believe anything until I see it with my own eyes.

Lost & Found new album was dissapointing. Multistate haven't released anything in years.

Tickets still making nice stuff with Android Spirit. Deliriant too, but his style is getting stale.

No idea what happened to Zion Linguist, Frozen Ghost, Hiyarant. Where's everybody?

The same with labels. Timecode is alive, but since Artifakt left the sound is more portuguese than pure SA. MMA is gone? Afrogalactic?

The thing that saddens me the most is that SA artists have almost completelly abandon cd releases. That make things very hard to follow since they're so many eps and releases out of a sudden. For example I was completelly unaware of Nexus Media's Secret Transmission comp until 2 years ago.

tl;dr I miss the old days where every 2 months you had a super SA compilation or album.

• Like 1

Zion Linguist is still jamming :)

Deliriant has an album out on the 15th.

Xatrik actually played a party about 2-3 weeks ago.

Cape Town seems to be getting back into the Morning Full on vibe.

If you look at the International acts we have had this season. XSI, Mad Maxx, Space Tribe, Raja Ram, GMS etc...

We went through the worst prog phase... Still kind of going on

Deliriant is a lot softer though... Production is getting clearer.

He has a fun act called Technicolor. Some bouncy morning stuff with the dark eerie SA style

those samples are ok. Im sure I would like it more on a loud system at a party vs my headphones here. Twilight like full-on is getting stuck in its ways. Artists not sticking out and having their unique blend of madness. the thing that gets me with twilight now its it too often does that stutter DA-DA-DA SMASH (track plays) breaky stuff througout it. Tryon and Alienn for example love that when they both didnt seem to start out that way 8/ as for the S.African guys.. there was a whole mess of them! and I wish to have them back as they were from the early 2000's ;O Lately I been going through all my cds again from that time and my goodness! such quality! uniquely sticks out from the bunch. boy was I spoiled then to have so many quality releases so often ;p All the energetic and melodic full-on too.

I too had no idea of the digital only releases until two summers ago. I remember stumbling onto Dark Nebula eps/albums I never seen and various 3d Vision stuff. bah!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is twillight psy? Would never think that, I had the impression that "twillight" means something much more agressive and twisted and much less melodious. Actually, I quite liked this set (but for the overall sameness and some corny vocal samples).

Well, I have to admit that I'm totally confused about psy subgenres.