DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bject - 3CD Digipak

Yes, as MJ would sing, you're not alone. That doesn't affect physical playback though. Ripping problem is another known story, but alas why people keep ripping physical CDs when they have the legit lossless download when buying from label itself?

You know that's a bullshit justification, right? I for example got my CDs from Dat a week before d/l were available and had issues ripping them as well (scratches). Not to mention the documented earlier issues with 3rd disc (distortion, wrong speed, etc.). Draeke is forever one of the greatest contributors to the scene, but recent releases clearly point to need of better quality control...

Damn, I left the forum to avoid those kinds of discussions and yet I'm here doing it again... :-(

Damn, I left the forum to avoid those kinds of discussions and yet I'm here doing it again... :-(

No need to refrain your views & definitely no need to quit the forum. You are just pointing out certain things that can and should be looked into and improved.

You know, when one is not able to see the mistakes, they are not fans anymore they are fanatics and you gotta just ignore them. ;)

i think we should chip in, just a buck, and buy a freaking medal for Draeke.. "The psytrance community loves you" or something.

He saw the music, he saw the scene, and he thought - ok. I have a job to do.

And he did that job. And he did it effin awesomely.

.. and he had fun doing it.

Such things need to be medal:ed.

And i would gladly donate a buck.

Where do i go to start a collection? I dont have a clue to organise such things and i dont think im the right man for that job.

I totally agree.... why not just send money to Dat Recs. Paypal account? I have done it before ;)

Does anyone else have discs 2 and 3 that have slight 'blistering' near the centre of each disc? They also had unrecoverable errors when ripping in foobar straight out of the plastic.

1zx4odl.jpg

2wbxcnm.jpg

Yeap... disc 1 & 3 But they doesnt affect when i play them on my Cd player, but i play the downloadfiles when listening to the album.

I have been asking to the pressing plant for quality controls and checks to the production, those points near the centre are present on 100% of the pressed disc (near the ring) but do NOT affect playing or ripping in any way.

If you happened to have other scratches near the end of the disc (outer part of the cd) then you need to write me an EMAIL , not posting here, and I will deal with a replacement of the discs, once you send me back the damaged cd. I so far encounter something like 10 defective sealed copies (from final users) and am gathering all of them to complain to the pressing plant.

These manufacturing defect are outside of my control.

@Antic, once again, there was NO DISTORTION on any track on CD3, the different mixing of sonic system was conceived like that, the unmastered track also had the kick sounding like that, it was a stylistic choice of Pleiadians when finalized the track. So I offered also the other mix of the track, mastered as well, for free. The problem of the 2 tracks with wrong speed was explained as well.

@phusg write me an email please, thank you.

STILL no one has written a rewiev of the release?? I'm shocked :D:lol:

No one wants to challenge the "holy grail" (could well understand after having watched Indiana Jones :blink:) - Only T2MU could save the day (...as already mentioned before)

I totally agree.... why not just send money to Dat Recs. Paypal account? I have done it before ;)

yeah but i dont think he is in a financial slump, so just sending money while it might be greatly appreciated seems boring.

I wanna buy him a medal! It might cost 5 dollars, that doesnt matter, its the thought that count and I wanna make sure he knows that we love him, and a medal for his efforts is a good idea i think.

Anyone can appreciate a medal, and learn its value.

Im just not the right man for the job.

and just a medal from a random guy is wierd, it should be a joint effort.

No one wants to challenge the "holy grail" (could well understand after having watched Indiana Jones :blink:) - Only T2MU could save the day (...as already mentioned before)

true.

I for one dare not review it. And I wont. :)

I support that thought :D

I love DAT and Fede! :) thank you! Don't let the above comments give you any other idea! You criticise only your loved ones', rest are non-existent. I might not have all the releases, yet! But my first cd & vinyl were DAT releases. DaAT records will always be special.

P.S- weird dream today, MR-5 was out :D and people were like its a MUST HAVE! All the DAT records talk with Mergi might have influenced the dream.

And also, I will definitely support the vinyl re-issues as before ;)

im gonna make a donation happen for dreake.

i guess im the right man afterall.

will get back to you once i sorted out all the logistics.

in the meantime: Draeke, please could you email me your adress details, so that you can recieve the gift :)

mail me at kristian@aeap.se

.... or i suppose i could use the officiall DAT adress?

Thanks for all your responses. Stupid I forgot that CDs go from inside to out. The CDs play fine in my CD player too, so I guess I'll have to reinstall EAC to do a proper rip of these >80min CDs.

Ripping problem is another known story, but alas why people keep ripping physical CDs when they have the legit lossless download when buying from label itself?

Yes I saw links in the email, but it would've been more work as it was one download per track! Also in my (quite possibly outdated) experience (not with DAT records I should say) the tagging isn't all too good on digital downloads. It's also a good way to check if your physical copy is bit-perfect, although not in this case apparently!

"Yes I saw links in the email, but it would've been more work as it was one download per track!"

Sorry but this is not true for IFO: I have sent links to zipped files with mp3, flac and artwork, so definetely not to download track by track.

I tried a system with using the mega.nz provider and works good, better than offereing a file by file download like with other releases with the shop system.

• 2 months later...

The review thread for this masterpiece is finally up! :)

Link: https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/71889-pleiadians-ifo-identified-flying-object-3cd/