DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bject - 3CD Digipak

hey, just listening through the whole thing. it looks great with the black shiny discs and everything. the live set is monumental, the remastered versions are fine (for maia i prefer the original version with a little volume adjustment, the other tracks sound better remastered).

the vinyl tracks are also a nice addition with some tracks i didn't know before and some tracks in better quality than before (jungle track [wasn't it called jungle trax everywhere else?] sounds hugely better than the version on destination goa 2), but wtf is up with sonic system? sorry to bring this up again*, but this single track is distorting badly all over the place. it's most noticable at 4:45. did i get a faulty cd or are all copies like this? the distortion on the doof cd is something where i can see that it's easily missed (and i don't notice at all when i don't listen for it), but this is something different. i've compared to the version on the natraj tempel compilation and in fact every single kick drum is completely mangled on the new version we have here. the kick in sonic system is mixed unusually loud and sounds very "90s"-like, but you can't just squash it until it sounds totally different to subdue it so you can raise the volume, especially if you cause really ugly distortion that way...

all in all, having one damaged track out of 23 isn't a problem when you consider those other 22 tracks :). even if sonic system were missing completely, i'd buy the cd without thinking. so a big thanks to dat records and everyone involved!

*as much as we like good vibes in the psy community, with antic gone, someone still has to bring these issues up. and i warn you, i'm not going to ask for having my account deleted if people disagree with me ;)

I got a "CRC failed" error (using 7-zip) when extracting the FLAC archive for CD 1. I checked if it nulls against my CD rip, and found this: https://imgur.com/a/czXXq (the upper one is from the archive, the lower from the CD). The waveform should continue after the split on the upper one, and after this point it seems it's missing some samples as I can hear the tracks playing on top of each other with one of them delayed (if 2 files null when phase inverting one of them I should get silence). Shouldn't be a REAPER glitch either.

Anyway, it's not like I need the download per se (but I like to keep it as a backup "just in case"). But did anyone else get this?

But did anyone else get this?

Yes. Already e-mailed about it today. Looks like the zip really has become corrupted at some point. CDs 2 and 3 were fine, though, as were the rest of the files in that zip.

Yes. Already e-mailed about it today. Looks like the zip really has become corrupted at some point. CDs 2 and 3 were fine, though, as were the rest of the files in that zip.

Yep, I got an error converting that very track into ALAC (with XLD). But no problem unzipping it (with Unarchiver).

Yeah. Only track 7 on CD 1 is broken. The rest is fine and also CD 2 and 3.

I will send a replacement file of Vimana soon, I am on a break for this weekend as in milan is holiday for a few days.

I will be back to normal working life the day 9 and will send the music to all :).

I don't have any comments for now on Sonic System but it will be checked.

Cheers!

• Like 1

I have listened to the album nonstop... im so amazed that the 'Jim Morrison sample´ can be found on so many diffrent tracks... They must really have like that poem.

And also the 'Intense Visitation' track & Moon In you Window track from F.O.L etc.. etc... Brilliant! :wub:

I hope you guys all got the email with the new download links (for whoever purchased the cd from my shop on datrecords.it or on discogs.com).

I laughed at the copies smelling, more likely the pack maybe? As a matter of fact due to the incredible amount of packs i had to prepare, my mother helped me out a lot, so it is very possible some of her perfume could end up in the packages, although I did not think this could happen :).

Was fun to read.

In other news between the copies I sent to the band, some copies that were given to be sold at Belgian parties and all the orders i got, I am almost sold out of copies here at DAT.

Plenty available at the distributor of course and I will have to get a second delivery to have copies to sell in the coming months!

But this is beyond my expectations, really, thanks so much guys, almost everyone who has been a customer of DAT in the last years bought a copy of this one!

Wohooo!!

• Like 2

@Padmapani : I have checked Sonic System, there are two mixes of the track and they feature a different equalization of the kick, that is why you feel the track sounds different.

But the track pressed on the 3CD is not in distortion

• Like 1

Strange...I get loads of "suspicious position" errors on the last tracks of CD1 and CD3 - not just one or two but hundreds of them. However, the output files sounded perfectly fine on a quick listen with no audible skips or other artifacts. Maybe I should compare them against the official FLACs to see if anything really breaks. These aren't even particularly long CDs so that shouldn't be the reason.

Does that pressing plant suck or what? I've got assorted errors on MR1, Live in Athens, and now this, all brand new and sealed. It shouldn't be that hard to produce a fully functional CD. It's a bit sad if download versions become a necessity to circumvent pressing errors.

I think at least Analog Dreams, MR2, and all singles have been fine, though.

sorry guys but if you buy it on cd

shouldn't you just listen to it that way?

i not gonna cause a scene here but i hate digital format

hence i have gone back to vinyl

but i have played all 3 ifo cd's in my player and sounds perfect

i won't rip to mp3 or wav.. (i never have)

kind of don't need to

but i do get your frustrations if there are problems doing so