DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bject - 3CD Digipak

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well.. you will see the rest!

And I think soon there will be samples online too on Arabesque ;)

I have no doubt it will have good stuff and I don't mean to be a negative nancy but for this project I'd have at least imagined that if the front cover were to be used like this, it'd be remodeled / repainted / something along those lines. As a designer and a fan of the original cover, this cutout stuff with the Pleiades comes off cheap to me.

Anyhoo, waiting for the samples, anxiously. :)

Samples are UP!

I will create a video tomorrow, for the extended wait that was needed to ensure the perfect cleaning of the music.

This time, as opposed to what happened with Doof, instead of rushing to the plant i took the necessary time and on some tracks we worked for days, so hopefully it will be my best release ever...

@mods please change the title of the topic from

DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bjects - Remixed & Remastered

to

DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bjects - 3CD Digipak

as it won't contain the word remixed and remastered anymore :)

• Like 1

... This time, as opposed to what happened with Doof, instead of rushing to the plant i took the necessary time and on some tracks we worked for days, so hopefully it will be my best release ever...

Oh, so now you admit there was something wrong with Doof's mastering? You was so certain it sounded just like the artists wanted, that several people checked it, etc...

Anyway, looking forward to buying this! Thanks for what must have been an enormous effort to make it happen!!!

About Doof: there were NO ERRORS in mastering, there were issues with the pressing and some artifacts were produced not related to the mastering, thus we had to repress.

Ohhhh Draeke, huge samples, I'd never had the chance to listen to the live versions, they seem fantastic

and sound really great from the samples!

Can't wait for it!

Plus all the tracks I've always wanted from Accidental Occidentalism and more!

I really want to check how and if IFO sounds better than the original.

Thanks for all your efforts!

I said I would stop buying CDs, but I'm gonna make an exception here. One copy for the shelf next to the original IFO, another on the wall probably.

Draeke showed me the full artwork last friday and I HAD to call him to congratulate him on this awesome work.

And the music...man...oh man...this live...these remixes...these singles...this is an out-of-the-world experience.

I'm very curious to see the results of this year's best-of :)

@mods please change the title of the topic from

DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bjects - Remixed & Remastered

to

DATCD007 Pleiadians - I.dentified F.lying O.bjects - 3CD Digipak

as it won't contain the word remixed and remastered anymore :)

Done.

Oh, so now you admit there was something wrong with Doof's mastering? You was so certain it sounded just like the artists wanted, that several people checked it, etc...

Oh Jesus, here we go again...

That's an interesting statement from someone who runs a label that sells CDs.

I've been listening to music only in the digital format for years now. Since I move quite a lot, I managed to fit all the music I like on a 256GB USB stick that I plug on the phones/computers/cars I use. Though I kept on buying CDs, and those I could also get in digital remained shrink-wrapped, especially since I got rid of my previous computer which had the only optical reader in the house...

I moved twice in the past 2 years and I had to carefully package 5 movers' boxes of full CDs that I was never otherwise pulling off the shelves...it was time to stop and buy in digital only.

My way of life is not related to what we do at Suntrip. Owning the object is still a must for many and we surely undertsand that and keep on pressing CDs. Even I, can't help acquiring physical copies of *Goa* releases. IFO Reissue is not really an exception in fact.

Oh Jesus, here we go again...

...yeah...knocks one ball without touching the other.

...yeah...knocks one ball without touching the other.

FFS, I love what Draeke is doing & am buying all of his (and many other) releases, hence I feel entitled to comment on their quality. But I see the only acceptable feedback is praise & hype, or otherwise I should shut up. I've been on this board for over 15 years already and one thing I always enjoyed was diversity of opinions, clashes of different musical backgrounds, the discussions. None of this is present here anymore; most members are like sheep following the heard that will tell them what's good and whose opinion is right. Fuck that... I'm out.

@Antic: In fact I was referring to how rushy we were to make the first pressing, those copies contained errors in the files, but like clicks and other artifacts, nothing to do with the mastering, you misinterpreted my words and read what YOU wanted to read because that is just YOUR opinion on the subject. That said, let's not speak of other things rather than the release here, and be wary that I accept mastering talks only on an official review thread, every comment regarding that will be reported by me to Admins, it's a promo thread this one. Thanks for understanding.