How Infected Mushroom became so famous?

Ormion

i dont say that i dont like clasical music,i say that the use of these CERTAIN childish piano melodies are by far out the field of the classical music and propably belongs to the group products of milk such is cheese

• Like 1

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

And who exactly did they copy? Cause IM was the one group that had a completely unique sound.

The Gathering, Classical Mushroom and dozens of compilation tracks are masterpieces.

Don't take my opinion so personal ;)

Who did they copy? Astral, MFG, Psychaos, Green Nuns, Hallucinogen, Slinky Wizard etc. etc. Too many to mention really. I have listened to their early music and the sounds used was nothing new at all. It was sounds everyone else had used. Then came the so-called "groundbreaking" albums and yet again I (and others artist friends in those days too) could not hear anything groundbreaking. I recognize that those who had no clue about who and what came before IM probably though IM single handed created a new genre called Psy-trance". But that was an illusion.

Maybe it is because I am a big lover and listener of classical music as well? No idea, I adore it, even today :) It is just great... I can imagine some find the melodies cheesy, but it's not like that for SURE in the second part of the album (like Mush Mushi!)

I was brought up on classical music and love it... Even went to The Royal Danish Academy for some years to be trained in classical piano... And I found their piano play mediocre and frankly very very cheesy...Sorry but I will never agree that IM was anything but dull and not at all groundbreaking in any way and became a huge horror-story once Dudev started to sing and they went into the american EDM scene of cheese.

• Like 1

Don't take my opinion so personal ;)

Who did they copy? Astral, MFG, Psychaos, Green Nuns, Hallucinogen, Slinky Wizard etc. etc.

Have you ever listened to an IM track before? Cause their music have nothing to do with the artists you posted. Like at all.

• Like 1

Have you ever listened to an IM track before? Cause their music have nothing to do with the artists you posted. Like at all.

+1

Their psy-productions, especially on Classical Mushroom, opened a new territory that nobody before or since has been able to properly emulate.

Yes of course. We just have to agree on disagreeing. Can you do that? ;)

Yes of course. We just have to agree on disagreeing. Can you do that?

I can, but you can't throw random artists and say they copied them without further elaboration.

What exactly did they copy from Astral? Or MFG? Or Green Nuns?

you can dislike some artists and at the same time admit they made some unique sound

i can't stand infected mushroom music except for a few exceptions - most of their tracks sound way too cheesy i'd never buy anything from them as i really dont like their style

but last thing you could blame infected mushroom for is being a copycat

or in that case everyone who started making psytrance after the pionners were copycats

• Like 1

And I 100% disagree. Never liked their music and never will support the far fetch idea that they were pioneers of anything bur copycat music (no matter what you think they did copy those who came before them and did not invent the wheel again) and now horrible lame music.

Their new stuff is horrendous for sure!

I'm not saying they were pioneers or created a whole new style or anything like that. However, they did creat a unique sound that has nothing to do with Astral, MFG, Green Nuns, and all the other artists.

You are fully entitled to have an opionion that they sound the same. But it's really strange that you, a long time producer, can't hear the unique style of IM.

Their new stuff is horrendous for sure!

I'm not saying they were pioneers or created a whole new style or anything like that. However, they did creat a unique sound that has nothing to do with Astral, MFG, Green Nuns, and all the other artists.

You are fully entitled to have an opionion that they sound the same. But it's really strange that you, a long time producer, can't hear the unique style of IM.

I think it's strange so many people seem so fanatic about them (not pointing fingers at you) and still claim they were unique. Ces't Las Vie I guess ;)

I can, but you can't throw random artists and say they copied them without further elaboration.

What exactly did they copy from Astral? Or MFG? Or Green Nuns?

Mate you seem too fanatic about them and seem to take it kinda personal that I do not agree with you. I said what I had to say and you are entitled to disagree just as I do not have to explain myself all the time. Its obvious we are talking about sound design here and also use of melodies aka lead's. It's not really rocket science ;)

No matter what you guys think I will still stand by my words. To me they have always been nothing but mediocre and yes it also has to do with taste. But unique sounds...nahhhhh

I don't give a flying fuck about IM especially since they went full mainstream.

If there's one who sound fanatic is you. In order to justfy your hate against them you write random bullshit. And it may be your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.

Mr Kristiann you give IM so much value saying that they have copied other ''monster goa'' producers
i have to agree with Ormion they didnt copy any other previous goa legend

the only track i will remember from them is Realese Me from the Gathering(not bad album) and im wondering how they did it

imho, i think they never were really special. a few tracks are quite good (like return of the shadows or the gathering). they picked up full-on like sound relatively early and did never go fully psytek/minimal, but gms did so earlier and influenced the sound in the early 00s even more. infected has played around with bringing classical music to psytrance, but technossomy's V.T.O.L. did the same more masterfully. so while i don't think they really were innovators, they did have a recognisable style. when you hear an infected track from the first albums you are very likely to know it's them, but again that's nothing too special; you can do the same with a talamasca, logib bomb, silicon sound or even astrix track from the same period. most artists had a signature sound back then.

I hear a lot of MFG in The Gathering, particularly Virtual Voyage and Over Mode. And a lot of the "rise and fall" of their tracks is quite similar to X-dream.

Anyway, it's not a secret that they started by imitating other goa producers. Erez told me that when they made The Gathering, he tried to, and I quote, "make one track like Etnica, one like Posford, Transwave, X-Dream." Maybe you feel that they failed in interesting ways. ;)

IMHO what they did was to take the "nighttime" sound that Ofer, Avi, MFG ect. had been doing for a couple of years and make it more poppy and accessible to a wider audience. It wasn't too aggressive, it wasn't too fluffy, it had catchy melodies and hooks and "hands in the air" moments to make the dancers go wild. Their first three albums were goa-trance lite. From there persistence (I remember them playing in a friend's backyard when the party proper got busted), the accessibility of their music, and probably a lot of luck+great promotion made them so popular.

Mr Kristiann you give IM so much value saying that they have copied other ''monster goa'' producers

i have to agree with Ormion they didnt copy any other previous goa legend

the only track i will remember from them is Realese Me from the Gathering(not bad album) and im wondering how they did it

here is the track Release me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J3mYaAZJ68

clearly sounds like Astral projection or MFG

(joking)

(but one could argue it is influenced by the likes of SUN project)

Maybe it is because I am a big lover and listener of classical music as well?

i am too a classical lover and that may be the reason why i cant stand Infected mushroom music

for me the "gathering" is THE album..full with great ideas, very dark sometimes but at the same time melodic, great production, and in my opinion their sound has nothing to do with any other artist of the time...compare to this, classical mushroom is nothing..for me IM are the gathering + some va tracks like my mommy say, acid killer e.t.c..thats all..

• Like 1

Anyway, it's not a secret that they started by imitating other goa producers. Erez told me that when they made The Gathering, he tried to, and I quote, "make one track like Etnica, one like Posford, Transwave, X-Dream." Maybe you feel that they failed in interesting ways. ;)

Really? Damn, they didn't even come close to the sound of any of those artists. Good! ;)

I don't give a flying fuck about IM especially since they went full mainstream.

If there's one who sound fanatic is you. In order to justfy your hate against them you write random bullshit. And it may be your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.

You really should learn to not take things so personal. I am expressing my opinion here. It has absolutely nothing to do with hate toward IM. You are welcome to think what I write is bullshit. But please do not take it so personal :)

LOL my opinion is wrong? Amazing way of debating :)

Exactly why debates are so difficult here sometimes. If someone has a different opinion (or even taste) he/she is wrong and often does some of you take it way too personal and instead of debating you become angry.

Exactly why debates are so difficult here sometimes. If someone has a different opinion (or even taste) he/she is wrong and often does some of you take it way too personal and instead of debating you become angry.

Your taste is not wrong. Nobody would ever tell you to change your opinion when you say "I dont like Infected".

But when you say, "Infected is not original, they copied Astral Projection"... Then you are saying facts, who are far from the truth. Like that it is YOU that start to debate and try to encourage discussions. Unless the 10 people that write here, are all wrong.

You really should learn to not take things so personal. I am expressing my opinion here. It has absolutely nothing to do with hate toward IM. You are welcome to think what I write is bullshit. But please do not take it so personal :)LOL my opinion is wrong? Amazing way of debating :)Exactly why debates are so difficult here sometimes. If someone has a different opinion (or even taste) he/she is wrong and often does some of you take it way too personal and instead of debating you become angry.

mDd0Tyy.gif

No one got angry, no one took it personal. You wrote something that doesn't make sense and expect people to not question it cause it's your opinion?

So if I say that IMO Filteria copied Kindzadza would that make sense cause it's my opinion?