How Infected Mushroom became so famous?

Ormion

I know this word, but I don't think it is applicable here. Popsa means something inherently fake and tacky, like Rihanna (or Kirkorov ;)). I don't think IM are tacky - even their most kitschy tracks, like those where Duvdev is trying to sing, are at least innovative in terms of production and sound-design, and I think their music is mostly genuine - they are just not connected to psytrance anymore. Their latest output is mostly too arty-farty for me but I can understand why people may like it.

"Popsa" in psytrance is Intersys, Perplex or Hi Profile - simple arrangements, basic sounds, primitive melodies.

• Like 1

I've not heard the term popsa before but from above it sounds like that manufactured pop sound like those guys that win the TV contest. I can't see Infected Mushroom as this. Like them or not, they are their own musicians and don't play pop(sa) :lol:

My girlfriend bought the DAT release of Crop Circles - Tetrahedron. I hear Infected <3 respectfully

this @ 4:11 >>

>>>

<<<<< Check out the released Red Filter! Itsa kewl.

Crop master :

IM old:

And she also bought (im in love) Transwave - Phototropic .. Last track on that omgoa CD.

like, you know

I will not add more words or thoughts to this IM topic now. Listen and remember, we are all inspired.

Crop Circle No More Single: evedently, it became IMs first big "single" (@ 6:06)

Play it LOUD. Even I could in 2002 play it on a touriste based club in Greece, Crete, and noone would leave the dancefloor. People would AHYEAH, ya know. IM made psytrance accesible to a whole new wave of generation

:blink: a year after the release of The Gathering, Disturbed released this uncanny tikkatikkasimiler track

Edited by psytones

I saw Infected Mushroom in Seattle a few years back. I was very disappointed and left early. It was crap.

It was nothing like their first few albums. Now they are highly over-commercializd, with crummy vocals,

and there's nothing we can do about it! ;-D

Well... I've been into Goa (Or trance Dance Music as we called it back in 95/96) And 'Yeah' i was never into IM aswell!

There so much better music out there, soo all these tracks by IM was quite boring....

...compaired to what was out there, and i'm not about to start to listen to them either ;)

• 5 weeks later...

For IM was one of the windows into psytrance music, their hard kicks, gated effects, weird running hihats, basically the way I seem them is that they took all the distinct psytrance sound techniques and used them in their tracks, some sort of compressed psytrance for the masses :D!

My liking for their music passed very quickly as soon as Alien Protein opened up for me or vice versa ;)!

Id say, MFG on steroids, some sort of fast food psytrance to me :D!

MFG, on the other hand, 100% oldschool gold.

I remember hearing a supposed IM track called "Spiritual trance", which was good, but there was a problem, it didn't sound like any IM I looked into like..at all.

So this "Spiritual trance" is actually

I just can't get into IM from any angle, their production is not exciting or memorable. [i do like Heavyweight, but that's not really up my alley]

Why are they so succesful? Any and all "commercial crap" [to be precisely defined] receives a big audience. Shallow nature of the masses. Good things like Goa trance are meant for the select few, we're fine :)

They could potentially break down barriers.

not only potentially. they did successfully break down barriers. at least the barrier that seperated psytrance from pop music, causing a flood of cheap pop trance and making releases such es electro sun - higher than ever or alien jesus even possible. normally i think that the christian concept of being tortured for all eternity for some wrongdoing silly, but here i'm not so sure ;)

not only potentially. they did successfully break down barriers. at least the barrier that seperated psytrance from pop music, causing a flood of cheap pop trance and making releases such es electro sun - higher than ever or alien jesus even possible. normally i think that the christian concept of being tortured for all eternity for some wrongdoing silly, but here i'm not so sure ;)

I know and agree with your words.

However my version of breaking down barrier is goa on mainstream radio in the USA.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Lu Bu was the fiercest warrior. Who would like to build a dynasty? Emperor and strategists apply.

Yeah, Erez is a great pianist. I might not like what they do with his skills, but he has mad skills

Ha, but he's not Erez :) This guy is Frankie Simon and he makes piano covers of many popular songs and somehow IM's track is one of them.

Venier's grand piano covers are all great too, but he never made a full cover of any track.

Ha, but he's not Erez :) This guy is Frankie Simon and he makes piano covers of many popular songs and somehow IM's track is one of them.

Venier's grand piano covers are all great too, but he never made a full cover of any track.

Well sure. But Erez is classically trained (if memory serves) and that was kind of the point of Classical Mushroom.

He really does have the chops and plays those melodies. They just sound better removed from garbage that clutters up the rest of their music.