How Infected Mushroom became so famous?

Ormion

So if I say that IMO Filteria copied Kindzadza would that make sense cause it's my opinion?

I was also expecting him to elaborate :( I love debating ideas but when one part can't sustain with arguments (or fully elaborate), it makes me feel we hit a wall.

A lot of my friends know the new IM (post 2002) and 'love' them. They don't know any Hallucinogen, AP, MFG... not even the most pop like Astrix or GMS! and when I play Classical Mushroom or The Gathering to them they have no idea it's also IM; most of the times they don't even like those tracks. So I feel Infected Mushroom got really big and well known at the time they became a completely different band/project. Maybe it's an exaggeration, but think of it as what happened to At the Drive-in when they formed The Mars Volta.

Anyway, can someone point me in the right direction? I've been looking for this track for a looooong time, idk if it IS Infected Mushroom or somebody else, but I absolutely love this one and would love to buy it or get a FLAC/WAV.

any help? :c

Everyone here talking about the Gathering or Classical Mushroom. What about B.P.Empire it's also great album! Btw Infected have a lot of great compilations tracks, between their first albums. How you like this

or

One of my favorites..

Everyone here talking about the Gathering or Classical Mushroom. What about B.P.Empire it's also great album! Btw Infected have a lot of great compilations tracks, between their first albums. How you like this

or

One of my favorites..

Symphonatic is amazing.

Dream Theater, Classical Mushroom and The Messenger are among my favorite IM compilation tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbPkSh3MBz4

By the way, that 'Space Mantra. Ganesh Propaganda' compilation is close to perfect in my opinion. I dig it from beginning to end a lot.

Symphonatic, Dream Theater, Muddy Effect, Where Is S?, Doremifas, The Messenger, The Fly, My Mommy Said.

All amazing tracks.

B.P.Empire was weaker than their first two albums, but had two amazing dance tracks (B.P.Empire and Spaniard) and of course Dance With Kadafi one of the best downtempo tracks ever written.

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

You are all right (except those who actually did agree with me but somehow got no notice) and I am wrong. Peace and have a great weekend :)

Since we mention less known tracks of Infected mushroom... Roll us a giant

Obscure gem from Infected mushroom

They sure have talent, I always thought sometimes their tracks lacked clear direction, best example is Dancing with Kadafi, you sure hear the talent but the track goes everywhere and constantly change direction, it is a bit weird and hard to follow.

Another example is Ballerium, it has a dark mood and atmosphere and then suddenly comes the last part of the track that sounds nothing like the rest. A bit strange.

Good topic, many great tracks here! :)

This one is also not much known, dark one Scotch

or this one

I like a lot Infected tracks between B.P. Empire and Converting Vegetarians. Like Red Filter, Dainai, Anyone else but me.. Most of them probably FACING, especially the last 3 minutes! :-) Here is another from that era, called Eva Dawn :)

Lo ra sounds like Converting Vegetarians CD 2 the Other side (one of my most favorite albums with B.P.Empire)

Elation Station, Avratz, Pletzturra, Jeenge, Elevation..

not famous enough for radio or charts obviously but famous enough.

if someone asks you what music you listen to and you answer "goa" (=the name for psy in general over here), you'll get one of the following answers (ordered by how familiar they are to psy; from least familiar to most familiar) :

"what's that?"

"that's some kind of techno? i don't like any of that"

"that's stuff like infected mushroom, right?"

"me too! i LOVE infected mushroom"

"i'm not really into it but i like some gms/astrix/neelix"

"what kind of goa? i only listen to darkpsy/hitech/progressive/fullon/..."

the two middle options most often end in embarrassing situations (and the conclusion that they actually hate psy if they get to listen to some).

Hi, I guess there are LOTS of bands that the "general" public never heard off. Even known metal bands. And metal is much more popular style than say psytrance or ebm. We could make an experiment and ask 50 random people on the street for electronic bands. Maybe some know Kraftwerk or more certainly Prodigy. But if you would name say Astral Projection or even Skinny Puppy or Front 242 which are in the eklectronic scene well known, I would bet most if any would know them :)

Btw. I would also ask people here in forum which is the most popular trance or techno act ? Armin von Buren, Sven Väth ? No idea tbh :(

They do have some awesome stuff just wish they released their new album under a different project alias or something.

Yeah some earlier songs are cool, was never a fan of em tho. However I must admit that even their newer stuff isn´t that bad. I mean not for me, cause it´s not my style really. But the production and some themes/melodies will appeal to general public too now. Then add a lot of marketing and voila you will be more popular. I bet you or I could do the same with enough marketing and some more commercial songs we could make.....well we could also hire an alias best would a hot guy ca. 25-30 and a hot girl ca. 20 as "alias" :P

BTW: You need some production experience which IM surely can bring to the table, however if you have not just hire someone :P

@Multi-Media- in case of Rammstein the pyro acts may be a point in attracting the main stream crowd?

Sure the show must be cool.Still interesting that even int the UK and USA they are so well received considering they don´t like German bands or lyrics generally. Even Kraftwerk made english versions of their songs.

hmmm im at 13:23min of this album and still after 15 years SMELLS CHEESY too

i hate these FLIPPER sounds with the dose of wannabe inteliigent arrangment(piano,kind of classical melodies)

Cheesy and Flipper - I guess that is also what comes to my mind.... the "Flipper" sounds you describe is a good example and this is also something which put´s me off other goa/psy: high pitched and "cheesy" sounds.....compared to AP they had much better sounds, also bass is better in AP´s caase imho. Mahadeva one of the songs which got me in goa... apart from E.Unviverse, Men With No Name etc. But not IM :) I liked Prana also quite a bit, but it has lost on me, I guiess also cause of the "cheese" factor....But I admit that "pure" goa nowadays is quite boring to me. Strangely the progressive direction got not so "old" so fast like AP or IM....but I discovered that direction of course a bit later. I hated it first cause I thought it is more techno-ish......

... still some AP´s are listenable compared to IM: I mean Mahadeva not really get´s old, right? Trust In Trance -> better than anything IM lol

I remember when I got my first death threat from an Infected Mushroom fan after the infamous Infected Mushroom interview on my old radio show.

Strangely, Tuesday afternoon after making my stupid post in this thread, I was reported to Facebook for something irrelevant and my account is now suspended.

Coincidence?

I remember when I got my first death threat from an Infected Mushroom fan after the infamous Infected Mushroom interview on my old radio show.

Strangely, Tuesday afternoon after making my stupid post in this thread, I was reported to Facebook for something irrelevant and my account is now suspended.

Coincidence?

:o

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

You really should learn to not take things so personal ;)

That is far from taking anything personal. It's a statement ;) I see you still have your "humor" intact ;)

I do not understand, an opinion can neither be wrong nor right. It could, though, be based upon infactual or factual information or experiences...

what were we talking about, anyway?

Marketing helps a lot.

About the discussion on Infected mushroom being copycats of Astral Projection or MFG...well in my opinion they don't sound close at all to these artists.

But if they ever sounded similar to a psytrance/goa artist from Isreal surely it has to be Sandman, listen to Sandman's first album Witchcraft and you'll hear similarities.

But still if you listen to a track like Dracul it sounds nothing like what was made before or maybe I am unaware similar tracks existed (which is possible).

I actually got the opposite impression that a few artists tried to copy Infected mushroom after they released their fist album (Talpa, Nystagmus...)

Anyway their music became old quickly and now it does sound cheesy to my ears.