Most underground psytrance you ever listened to?

Manuser

So yesterday I was listening to Ka-Sol - Ex-Hume vol 2 (nearly three years since the last time I did) and I can't think of any other release in the psytrance scene more underground than this - or perhaps I missed some stuff

Track 3 Chemical is epic

Track 5 Domino is a killer

What's the most underground psytrance you got?

• Like 2

how do you define underground??

:) Some folks have their definitions and preferences, but I prefer my underground to be the basement of a building or a mine shaft. Can't get more deeper or underground than that (maybe I should make a new sub-genre called Magma Psytrance or Earth Core, :lol: ). ;)

A collection of great goa trance from a friend of mine (Intriga), who doesn't want to publish any of it and so this music will remain unreleased and in the hands of 3-4 people. I guess that's underground enough lol. :)

• Like 1

My own tracks from ~16 years ago. Maybe 5 people (excluding myself) have ever heard them.

i have a few tracks that no one except myself has ever heard. how underground is that ;)

if we go by popularity in the psy scene almost all newschool goa is pretty underground, but that applies to psytek even more these days. so i'll go with:

• Like 2

if we go by popularity in the psy scene almost all newschool goa is pretty underground, but that applies to psytek even more these days. so i'll go with:

This tracks sounds very good!

Sorry for being offtopic but I would like to have more recommendations in the same vein as this.

• Like 2

i have a few tracks that no one except myself has ever heard. how underground is that ;)

I also have a few tracks that no one has heard, not even me. They are just out there somewhere.

This tracks sounds very good!

Sorry for being offtopic but I would like to have more recommendations in the same vein as this.

there's not a lot of stuff in that direction (except the obvious: x-dream - irritant, ...). the closest one is probably tetraktys - tetraktys and maybe tenonaki - roots, but the former is already 10 years old and the latter is even more technoish with not so much psy...

• Like 1

ahh yes

I would say... Uvantam and lots of the old Psy Harmonic/Aussi style... Almost to wicked to listen at home, but amazing psychedelic nevertheless

ahhh yes psy-harmonics.. exactly what i was gonna say

maybe some old demon tea stuff to

and green ant from melbourne australia... where fractal glider originated, as well as some other very talented artists who have faded...as did the label

• 2 months later...

Chi-A.D.? Atleast when I first stumbled upon it, I didn't see much discussion about him.

Whaaa.. ?

OnT:

Im gonna pick *closes eyes moves finger around and points at screen*

Akanoid - Sundance. Ccouldnt even find it on youtube now THATS effin underground. And its a damn fine tune, too.

http://httpwww.musicline.de/de/player_flash/0718756121329/0/4/50/product <- small peak here but it doesnt even get to the melody part so youre missing out if you dont got it.

http://www.discogs.com/Akanoid-3345-Best-Til-Now/release/168050

damn that shit so rare, only 22 ppl got it yo, do I win?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I won?

Some topics on this forum has the magical ability of completely loose all interest from all users.

Dunno why, really.

On most forums that I chat on, really only two, most topics have continous replies but I guess psynews is too small for that.

A shame cus many topics are really interesting, like this one.

You learn new tracks you didnt know before and stuff.

And its fun to measure your e-peen no matter the subject.

I guess I won?

I wouldn't call Akanoid underground sorry. :P

For me underground is something unconventional and fucked up like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUDGUL_OR6M

Some topics on this forum has the magical ability of completely loose all interest from all users.

Dunno why, really.

On most forums that I chat on, really only two, most topics have continous replies but I guess psynews is too small for that.

A shame cus many topics are really interesting, like this one.

You learn new tracks you didnt know before and stuff.

And its fun to measure your e-peen no matter the subject.

Most users are on their summer vacations. It's always pretty quite here on August.

I wouldn't call Akanoid underground sorry. :P

well, i know, but I couldnt even find Sundance on youtube, thats like, almost unheard of :)

Akanoid are fairly heard of sure, but that track seems to not be.

:) Oh well. Its a fine tune, and a very differnt style, cant even label it, and im one of those Genre nerds, who LOVE putting labels on things.

This is Psychedelic Goa, this is Morning Goa, this is Progressive Dark Psy, etc etc etc.

But this one? hmm. I guess, Progressive Morning Psy :D

The track you posted seems really underground, yup :P

There's some weird Chinese, Australian & Japanese Goa that's very obscure but a lot of it is also very poor (hence the correlation).

Probably the most interesting thing I actually like that some people don't know about would be Asia 2001's early material under the alias of "Loren X". The album "Definitive Perception" is an example of absolutely exceptional early Goa trance, almost pure trance. No breaks, climaxes or builds, just true trance dance. A lot of people haven't heard about this record but those that have will pay a pretty penny for it!

Probably the most interesting thing I actually like that some people don't know about would be Asia 2001's early material under the alias of "Loren X". The album "Definitive Perception" is an example of absolutely exceptional early Goa trance, almost pure trance. No breaks, climaxes or builds, just true trance dance. A lot of people haven't heard about this record but those that have will pay a pretty penny for it!

Best intro of all time

too bad the rest of the track is subpar

Make it a good remix and it would be the most beautiful trance track ever made

Even the cover looks "underground" lol

http://cdn.discogs.com/MQddTAIsIiOSgcID1jdsmhn29Bw=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb()/discogs-images/R-366091-1370956363-2313.jpeg.jpg