Psy-trance artists that are no more...

Anoebis

guys what about Pete Martin aka Slide, does anyone know if he is alive?

ahh... and Youji Tamura one of the Japanese due Ten-G has died after a car accident a half year ago.

Yes, Pete is still alive. According to Kris (UX) he quit for good and are into Tv advert music these days.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So many sad news, the music shall live on though!

• 3 months later...

Sad news from Holland this time:

Matt Boom, he died in his sleep last week.

Boom! Records was one of the more obscure labels, with a focus on early forest-trance... I loved them and played as a label dj for them for 2 years around 2000, so it's sad for me to hear... :s

• Like 1

This thread makes me sad. I only knew that a few of them had died, not so many :(

Yeah same here. Really dont see how this thread fits under General Psytrance.. should be more of an offtopic thread, and in fact, imho dont even exist, I dont like to speak on the dead in general.

But of course, thats just my opinion. You are all welcome to do what you wish.

• 4 months later...

Death is a part of living. It's terribly sad, my wife has lost both her parents in unexpected accidents but in their death we also celebrated the life that was. It's a chance to do this for these amazing g talents.

No need to make this thread morose. Make it happy.

These people were born, hopefully loved a lot & were given the opportunity many don't get to develop their artistic side. They made hundreds, if not thousands, dance & experience enlightenment of various stages.

If they had not existed we would not of heard their magical musical interpretations of existence. Just as if my wife's parents had not lived their short lives I wouldn't have her nor my wonderful children.

Life is a gift, to be lived & loved to the fullest. Death is the inevitable next stage but it is to me also the chance for those left behind to celebrate the ones who've left & hope to see them again when we step in to the next realm of existence.

May all who have passed away in this thread be happy in their new level of existence & we can look forward to dancing with them when we move on :)

• 1 month later...