New update of the PDF, you can download the new version.

Here is the list of changes that have been made:

- Addition of a "Proto-Goa" page in the "Bonus" section
- Album replacement in "Twilight" section ("Personal Space Invaders" from Sienis replaced by "Infectious" from Module Virus)

- Album replacement in "Full-On" page from the "Bonus" section ("Alt + Ctrl" from Alternative Control replaced by "Make Rainbow In Your Slum" from Slum)

- Album addition in "Progressive Psytrance" page from the "Bonus" section ("Gosub 20" from FREq and "Scienza Nuova" from Sun Control Species)

- Album addition in "Dark Psyprog" page from the "Bonus" section ("Projekt Grunberg" from Sensient and "The Lost Element" from Pick)

- Album addition in "Natural Psytrance" page from the "Bonus" section ("Ayahuasca - The Trip To The Fountain Of Culture" from Bodh Gaya and "Discovery" from Sonic Fusion)

Do you know the guide to electronic music by ishkur? This is very cool. Someone must do something like this for psychedelic trance. :D

(Maybe not in flash. HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript do it better ;) )

I'm in for this!

If someone wants to develop this, I'd like to help. We could find a way to sync the information on the PDF to automatically update the web guide.

Module Virus is not Twilight. It's UK style psytrance/full on (or Doof as I call it).

UK style has characteristics from full on, darkpsy and prog as well, there are no climaxes and few, almost zero melodies.

Module Virus is not Twilight. It's UK style psytrance/full on (or Doof as I call it).

UK style has characteristics from full on, darkpsy and prog as well, there are no climaxes and few, almost zero melodies.

Ok, I'll rectify it ;)

EDIT : All right, I replaced it by "The Colour Of Time" from Tryambaka. You can re-download the PDF.

Edited by Lightforce

• 2 weeks later...

- Addition of several albums in "Psybreaks" page from the "Bonus" section (thank you to BraneFreeze, technosomy, Alek and K-BAN for their recommendations on this thread)

- Albums replacement in "Nitzhonot" section ("Argentum" from Lunatic replaced by "Space Buddha" from Space Buddha in "Nitzhonot" sub-section and "Space Buddha" from Space Buddha replaced by "Sounds From Tomorrow" from JBC Arkadii in "Nitzhogoa" sub-section)

- Album replacement in "Psytrance" section ("Solid State" from 12 Moons replaced by "Wild" from Absolum)

- Album replacement in "Experimental" section ("Fiction" from Jaïa replaced by "Solid State" from 12 Moons)

- Album replacement in "Experimental" page from the "Bonus" section ("Cyclotron" from Wizzy Noise replaced by "Fiction" from Jaïa)

• 2 weeks later...

Very good introduction. Generally thorough and largely correct. It's inevitable that you'll get a lot of comments about various details - can't do anything about that, but no one would deny that this is a solid document by someone who knows their stuff.

- Albums replacement in "Goa Trance (Old School)" page from the "Bonus" section ("Moment of Truth" from Man With No Name replaced by "Earth Moving the Sun" from Man With No Name)

- Addition of an entire page of albums in "Goa Trance (Old School)" page from the "Bonus" section

- Album replacement in "Goa Trance (New School)" page from the "Bonus" section ("Versus" from Sky Technology & Nova Fractal replaced by "In Search Of Ancient Knowledge" from Sky Technology)

- Album replacement in "Dark Psyprog" page from the "Bonus" section ("Projekt Grunberg" from Sensient replaced by "Encapsulate" from Reactant)

- Album replacement in "Natural Psytrance" page from the "Bonus" section ("Drums From The Dawn Of Time" from Etnoscope replaced by "Supernature" from Medicine Drum)

- Album replacement in "Psybreaks" page from the "Bonus" section ("Big Skeleton" from The Upbeats replaced by "Science Of The Gods" from Eat Static)

- Addition of several albums in "Experimental" page from the "Bonus" section ("iMusic" from Cypher, "Ubarpedia" from Ubar Tmar, "Moment of Truth" from Man With No Name, "Projekt Grunberg" from Sensient, "Cyclotron" from Wizzy Noise, "Conception" from K.U.R.O., "Open Ancient Eyes" from Kalya Scintilla, "Mother Pitch" from Toï Doï, "Classical Mushroom" from Infected Mushroom and "Time Travel" from Nervasystem)

- Various image positioning corrections

- Albums replacement in "Goa Trance (Old School)" page from the "Bonus" section ("Spiritual Heritage" from Dreamweaver, "TransStellar" and "TransAddendum" from Dimension 5, "Family of Light" from Pleiadians and "Retroscape" from Shakta replaced by "Rock Bitch Mafia" from The Green Nuns Of The Revolution, "Delta Aquarids" from Total Eclipse, "Ominus" from Ominus, "Blue Energy" from Jaïa and "Awakening" from Darshan)

- Addition of several albums in "Experimental" page from the "Bonus" section ("In Fear Of A Red Planet" from Cydonia, "Demonoizer" from Battle of the Future Buddhas and "θcomplex4" from Various Artists)

• 2 weeks later...

- Addition of "Swamp" sub-style in the definition of "Forest" section

- Addition of albums in "Forest" section ("Information Is Creation" from Limiti and "Through The Afterlife" from Various Artists)

- Addition of an entire page of albums in "Goa Trance (New School)" page from the "Bonus" section

- Addition of an entire page of albums in "Experimental" page from the "Bonus" section

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I see you added my album "Elysium - Dance For The Celestial Beings" to the "Natural (Psy)trance. I am not sure it's correct according to your own categorizing saying:

"style whose sounds are entirely or partly derived from conventional instruments and not of electronic sounds"

95% % of all sounds on that album is made from synthesizers and only very few samples are from natural instruments. I do see your point but not really sure my album fit the category :)

I see you added my album "Elysium - Dance For The Celestial Beings" to the "Natural (Psy)trance. I am not sure it's correct according to your own categorizing saying:

"style whose sounds are entirely or partly derived from conventional instruments and not of electronic sounds"

95% % of all sounds on that album is made from synthesizers and only very few samples are from natural instruments. I do see your point but not really sure my album fit the category :)

It's ok, I will remove it for the next update. But I'm looking for a Natural Trance album of replacement. Have you an another one to advise me ? ^_^

- Addition of several albums in "Swamp" sub-section of "Forest" page ("Terrapin" from Goch, "Through The Afterlife" from Various Artists, "Catawompus" from Bogtrotter and "A Twisted Downbeat Adventure" from SeaMoon)

- Album replacement in 2nd "Goa Trance (Old School)" page from the "Bonus" section ("New Kind Of World" from MFG replaced by "Cassandra's Nightmare" from Xenomorph)

- Album replacement in "Forest" page from the "Bonus" section ("Through The Afterlife" from Various Artists replaced by "Hutti Heita" from Hutti Heita)

- Deletions, additions and reorganization of several albums in "Twilight" page from the "Bonus" section (deletions of "Project A" from Xatrik and "Subliminal Message" from Zion Linguist, then addition of "Illegal Space Activities Reloaded" from Drumatik, "Synthetic Organism" from Android Spirit and "Enemy Within" from Abomination in "Twilight" sub-section and "Timelapse" from Tickets in "South Af Twilight" sub-section)

- Album replacement in "Natural Trance" page from the "Bonus" section ("Dance For The Celestial Beings" from Elysium replaced by "Digitaria" from The Nommos)

- Album replacement in 2nd "Experimental" page from the "Bonus" section ("Phoenix" from Various Artists replaced by "The Lost Ship" from Panda Dub)

- Various fixes

Hi everyone,

I need your help :)

sam-weneedyou.jpg

I need a listing of labels for each sub-style and then integrate them into the pdf.

Just one constraint is imposed: no more than 3 labels for each sub-style ;)

For now I've already some of them :

• Old School Goa : Dragonfly and DAT
  • New School Goa : Suntrip, Neogoa and Timewarp
  • Nitzhogoa : Sita
  • Full-On : Kinematic and Vertigo
  • Psycore : Horrordelic
  • Forest : Parvati, Forestdelic and Sanaton
  • Twilight/South Af Twilight : Nexus Media, Timecode and MMD
  • Hi-Tech : Noise Poison, Osom Music and Kamino
  • Psyprog : Iono Music and Ovnimoon
  • Dark Psyprog : Zenon and Cosmic Conspiracy
  • Suomisaundi : 6-Dimension Sound and Antiscarp
  • Psybreaks : Broken Robot
  • Psybient : Ultimae and Altar
  • Experimental : Psy-Harmonics

Phonokol for old school, it was a big label, actually the label that got me into goa trance but obviously there were plenty of important labels (Matsuri, Blue room, etc.)

Iboga should be mentioned somewhere, I guess in psyprog?

• Like 1

Thanks for your help ;)

Here is the list of sub-styles that still lack of labels in the pdf :

• Proto-Goa
  • Psytrance
  • Full-On
  • Dark Psyprog
  • Natural
Edited by Lightforce