Managers

Ake

Hey guys,

sorry to say this but during the last days i noticed that i actually never talked to any manager who is not some kind of fraud. Speaking about the psy scene here. It's true.

Hey guys,

sorry to say this but during the last days i noticed that i actually never talked to any manager who is not some kind of fraud. Speaking about the psy scene here. It's true.

you mean like thomas vitali, the owner of the plusquam label group, who also poses as the female artist psynina in his spare time (and who also singlehandedly destroyed many once great labels by buying them and releasing cheesy crap)? ;)

but really, i think this applies even more (but of course better hidden) to managers of corporations. the more money is involved, the more corruption, lies and fraud you'll find with the people in charge.

Exactly! Oh and yes, that Vitali pussy is quite a special friend of mine... ;)

https://www.mixcloud.com/ake_melting_runes/full-hidden-meaning-mixed-by-ake/ <3

I'm happy to be a member of labels, but not for some weird reasons. My mission is for the kids, for nobody else.

Thanks for reading! :)

I'm sure all those guys, all the managers are nice guys.

I'll throw some positive examples for label managers with whom I worked with. All of them acted highly professional whenever there was any project we worked on together, and the communication was on high level, aswell as their input with the new ideas... and what matters the most, all of them care about promotion of Goa trance music: Renato (Nova Fractal) at Timewarp Records, Jos (Anoebis) and Mars at Suntrip Records, Alex (Ephedra) at Goa Madness Records, Elias (Agneton) at Sita Records, Draeke at DAT Records, Christian (Samsara) at Random Records.

I'll throw some positive examples for label managers with whom I worked with. All of them acted highly professional whenever there was any project we worked on together, and the communication was on high level, aswell as their input with the new ideas... and what matters the most, all of them care about promotion of Goa trance music: Renato (Nova Fractal) at Timewarp Records, Jos (Anoebis) and Mars at Suntrip Records, Alex (Ephedra) at Goa Madness Records, Elias (Agneton) at Sita Records, Draeke at DAT Records, Christian (Samsara) at Random Records.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Anoebis, Nova Fractal, Elias, etc are not managers but label owners, right? I thought a manager is someone who fixes all for artists...

I wonder why would I be a fraud?

makes me wonder :)

Maybe I'm wrong, but Anoebis, Nova Fractal, Elias, etc are not managers but label owners, right? I thought a manager is someone who fixes all for artists...

Well, IMHO the difference between an owner and a manager (not only related to music bizz) is:

The owner has a high personal interest on the project. He put a lot of his time, money & whatever into it and he might depend on the project to be successfully (for being able to pay his bills) .. It's all about the project.

The manager was hired to organize stuff. If the project fails, he will join another one. Success is not so supper-critical from him, it's more about the title on the business card, building up his business-network, ect.. it's all bout the career.

Already explains why working with an owner is sooooo much different than working with a manager (again, not only related to music bizz)

For music this is a total different thing...

The owner of a label:
The person who choses & makes certain cds, runs the label, makes the artists happy etc. He has not a financial benefit of it per sé... Mostly out of love. (at least in goa-trance)

A manager:
someone who takes care of an artist, makes sure he gets booked and he gets money for that, so it's a financial thing to earn money...

Well in my case I'm not the label owner, I already wrote that couple of times I think :) ...Timewarp label is my idea and all but owner is Geomagnetic.tv ...So basically my job is mostly selection music for them, compiling VA etc... and also I'm the first link between artist and distribution, If music is OK to release then I connect artist with owners and other staff like contract etc. is done between them self. Also I talk a lot with artist, our DJs, help a lot and of course doing my part of promotion as much as possible, try to find sometimes gigs for them etc. ....this all takes a lot of free time, I like this and I do all this mostly for free, there is no profit here for me, for my service I just get some CDs that I try to sell and that is my fee :) ...since this is Goa trance and we mostly work with new artist it is almost impossible to ask % from any release...so I will try to do my "management" as long as I can ;)

• Like 1

Well in my case I'm not the label owner, I already wrote that couple of times I think :) ...Timewarp label is my idea and all but owner is Geomagnetic.tv ...

Well, I learned something today! I could have sworn you were the owner of Timewarp Recs.