What has been the best year in goa/psy history?

JISNEGRO

Today I was listening to Electric Universe - Stardiver album, and decided to look it up on discogs, I found out it was released on 1997... mmm what a coincidence!, I told myself :o

Then I thought that a lot of my favorite albums are from that same year, I can totally identify with the music that was produced during that time.

We have the alien music from Pleiadians, the twisted and psychedelic sound of Hallucinogen, the groovy atmosphere of Kox Box, the dark energy of Orichalcum and the Deviant, the melodies of Dimension 5, etc, - you name it. Almost for every type of goa sound, one of the iconic albums was released in 1997.

I don't know if it was the technology,the expectations of the new millennium, something in the air, or whatever, but many of the artists seemed so inspired and creative.

Pleiadians - IFO

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional
Koxbox - Dragon Tales
Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger
Space Tribe - The Ultraviolet Catastrophe
Orichalcum And The Deviant - Orichalcum And The Deviant
Chi-ad - Virtual Spirit

UX - Ultimate Experience

Asia 2001 - Psykadelia

For me, 1997 is definitely the best year in the history of goa trance :wub:

Listening to the Global Goa Party mixes confirmed something for me... as much as I love 1997 and all of its AAA releases, my heart belongs to the organic, crystalline, and thoroughly alien sounds of 1996.

u said it.

It is indeed tough to choose between these two, 96' & 97'

1996 has classics of its own

MWNN - moment of truth

Etnica - Alien Protien

Cosmosis - cosmology

2 gems from Transwave

few others.

😊

I thought "1997" as soon as I saw the thread title :)

Not forgetting such fine releases as:

GNOTR - Rock Bitch Mafia

Ominus - Ominus

MFG - New Kind Of World

Tandu - Multimoods

Psychopod - Headlines EP

S.U.N. Project - Drosophila

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy (the album that got me into this whole thing in the first place)

V/A - Air Born

Eat Static - Science Of The Gods

V/A - 3D

Cwithe - Illegal

Koxbox - Life Is.... / Too Pure (singles)

I would probably also be somewhere in the '97 batch. My musical taste sort of took of in every direction later on in the 21st century and left me with little or no attention whatsoever to one particular scene.

I think, though, if you look hard enough all years delivers, you simply need to look in the right places. But as with nature everything evolves and so does our perception of music. Nothing lasts but nothing is lost, right?

'98 for me. Tantrance 6 came out and after a weed fuelled bnder at a mates place with his P.A. system blasting all weekend my persepctive of music had comepletely changed. Sure a lot of psy & Goa up until then had been amazing but this compilation just tooke me to another level both in my production & my undertsanding of experimentation. Still my all time fav release to date along with Let's Turn On album.

- Hallucinogen - The lone Deranger <--- (can you really forgot this, shame on you!)

- Eat Static - Science Of The Gods

TLD was mentioned in the first post. And no, there hasn't been an album like it ever since, and I doubt there ever will be. It's completely in its own league, above and beyond anything out there in the goa/psy realm.

And yes, Science Of The Gods. Raw, dirty, in your face. Perhaps the best Eat Static album to date.

In 1995 Goa found it's foot on earth.

In 1996 got better and became 'worldwide'.

In 1997 the scene reached the peak.

In 1998 like every other thing reaching peak it started going down and evolve and mutate.

Answer is in red.