04. CoaGoa - Sequoia Valley
05. Ephedra & Imba - Mystical morning in Vielsalm
06. Anumana - Lunar Dreams
07. Alienoma -The Invasion
08. Timofey & JBC Arkadii - This are the Asteroids
09. Nostromosis - The Road Home
10. Lunar Dawn - Ananke

PVowKfl.jpg

When I hear great goa trance it's like a good meal. The smells, the presentation, and of course the taste. All the senses are satisfied and you just sit back, undo the belt, and fart your way into a blissful slumber. Over here we call it da itis. And that's how things were shaping up when I ordered the second installment of the Call of Goa series. Celestial Intelligence, Sky Technology, and Javi and Sk00ma began the meal nicely and it smelled great.

The next six tracks however were like trying to swallow a pine cone.

Six.

In a row.

It wasn't just subpar goa that sounded raw and amateurish, but some were hardly goa at all. Not that I have anything against psytrance (Lord knows how many thousands I've spent on it), but if I'm eating at a the goa restaurant save the avant-garde sh*t for those California daisy huggers. It was either too fluffy or lacked the depth I'm used to from Timewarp. And Trinodia...what it the name of refried beans was going on there? I'm convinced that this was the first track he ever produced. On a Casio. That may or may not have been plugged in.

Luckily disc one came to an end and the second began. Light fare from Psilocybernetics (interesting downtempo) and Jayex to be sure, but things became more palatable with a very un-nitzhonot funky track by Persistent Aura. It's not until the pairing of Imba and Ephedra that you get the first storming goa track. The rest are decent, but certainly nothing amazing. It ends on a real good effort from Lunar Dawn (check out his debut on Neogoa).

Man that pine cone is gonna hurt coming out. I love Timewarp and usually I send nothing but glowing praise their way, but I came away from this disappointed. How could I not based on their previous output? This was like going to a fancy restaurant and expecting a well prepared meal only to catch a peek behind the kitchen door and see your dinner come out of the microwave. Putting together a double CD sounds difficult and I think this would've been better as a single disc. Too much filler and very few gems. Of course the ones that are great are really great and as a collector I bought it. Will probably buy the third one if they decide to make it, but do me a favor...spend some more time in the kitchen.

Psyshop

Beatspace

• Like 1

I globally agree with you. This compil missed the point. That has nothing to do with the first volume.

But the track from Doruk was actually pretty nice to my ears. It's one of my favourite in the list.

But this song from Trinodia... biggest disappointment of the year.

The preview of it sounded extremely epic. But when it was released, you realize that the epic melodies are not the build-up of the track, but a short climax, and that the actual build-up is boring and bland.

Actually, I shall request Trinodia to re-work this piece. I want the Re-Mote from the preview, not this one !

Besides, many uninteresting songs abide this compil.

thanky you for review, I will just say that when we decide to make vol.2, owner said that maybe is best that we release it on Goa Records for some reason , so as you see it si compiled by me and dr. spook (owner of goa rec), because of that idea, this part conatained some goa and some psy morning since Goa rec. release mostly psy... and in last minute Spook said lets accualy release it on Timewarp so... :D

-since Timewarp is now pretty established label and I think no more collab records compilations I promisse that all upcoming compilations (like Goa Energy) compiled by me will be 90% pure goa trance tracklist :D

Thank you all for great support so far!

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Renato! Clearly something was different.

I'm glad you said something because I was getting ready to tell Hector to stop doing lines of coke of that Indonesian pre-teen and pay attention to what's being compiled!

:)

I'm glad you said something because I was getting ready to tell Hector to stop doing lines of coke of that Indonesian pre-teen and pay attention to what's being compiled!

:)

Why did you feel the need to say this? My brother worked at a hospitals in S.E. Asia treating a lot of victims of the rampant paedophile culture that exists there and let me tell you it's no laughing matter.

You could've left it mature with no comment on Hector but I just want you to know I at least found the further comment offensive.

Btw this is a great compilation, different to the first but much better than most in this scene. Keep up the good work :)

Balance...Balance...

I apologize if I offended you, of course that was not my intention. Your brother should be commended for his work. Pedophilia is a terrible, terrible thing and I believe there is a special place in hell for those people.

However...

I didn't get the memo on what I could and couldn't make light off. I live in a free country (perhaps you do as well) and I firmly believe that there is no topic that cannot be joked about. Have you read my reviews? I know you have and I have teased almost every religion and nationality, put so many pictures and gifs of butts and boobs one may call me misogynistic, and I of course have made fun of myself and my country most of all. Hell I even put a pic of a concentration camp in one of my reviews. But here's the thing. Not every joke works. Some fall flat. Sometimes what I think is humorous in the US is offensive in other countries. But the minute we start saying that group is not to be joked about then the slope has been slipperied. Cliche I know, but it's true.

So I would again apologize to you for offending you, but what I won't do is stop doing what I do. As far as being immature, well...guilty. I'll take that hit.

With that being said...I think there is one thing we can all agree on...

Dr. Spook should stay away from Timewarp.

• Like 4

I understand and to an exten agree with what you've said. Apology is more than I expected and I thank you for that. Yes most times I am able to ignore stuff as web silliness but a few things get my goat so to speak.

Anyway carry on as usual and if I ever comment again maybe we can converse as adults again.

Have good day and yes Dr Spook should keep to his um specialty & leave Timewarp alone.

The Trinodia track is from, well i think 2007 or somewhere around there. Those days i were into making Full On and this track together with some others has been released on a couple of compilations.

First track i produced? Not really :) I can guarantee you don't want to hear that little gem from 1991 :)

This is altho the first (and possibly the only) from that time period that has been featured on a Timewarp compilation and i think it was some kind of compromice being that i have really slowed down a lot in tempo of producing new goatrance music. I do hope to bounce back and make some new tracks soon tho :)

Soon there will be a release featuring 30 of my previously unreleased tracks from 2001 to 2008. There are some full on tracks there also but also pure pystrance, tech trance and some, well i dont know how to define them really but they are quite experimental for being me... Will be intresting to hear your thoughts on that, being that most tracks are not the kind i produce today. :)