New Boris Blenn albums

radi6404

while I am listening to the incredible Berlin future lounge of Boris Blenn, I am asking myself how all the new Electric Universe albums sound? He released so many albums in the years tha I don´t know. The last album I know from electric Universe is Cosmic Experience. How are the later albums? Is hthere anything really good out there? His Berlin Future lounge is a pure masterpeace in my opinion that sounds just as I want it. Dark and melancholic, it really makes you think. Only the mastering of that album is not as great as it could be. There is something strange about it. Nethertheless the music on that album is perfect, but how are the other albums? I don´t know how he is able to rlease so much music with good to great quality. Really a skilled artist.

none are as good as cosmic experience. silence in action has a few good and a few bad tracks, journey into outer space is one of the best fullon albums of the last few years, but anything else can imho be skipped. if you don't like your fullon with lots of guitars you shouldn't touch burning with a shitty stick (though i guess it's still better than a poke in the eye with a).

I saw him live earlier this year and he was pretty fun.

At the first the really in-your-face full-on baseline had me worried, but 90mins later I was exhausted from smashing the dancefloor to pieces. Only one overwhelming guitar bit, but lots of good psychedelica throughout the big kicks and big dancefloor moments.

Like it's said above, it's very much all full-on but in a good way. Not what I'd typically listen to at home, but catch him out at a party if you can.

I am just listening to some of the newer Boris Blenn albums and all of them have something to say. The two latest albums have strange sound structures however, the arrangements of the notes are a bit strange, but the tracks are still good. The album Sonic extasy seems to be a great album with 100% Boris Blenn sound. Especially holographic, but we will see the later albums. Holographic is a true masterpace, it is a bit empty in melodies, but the melodies themself are definatly as good as great oldschool masterpeaces. Also the pure boris Blenn melancholic sounds. Those albusm really show that Boris Blenn is indeed one of the best produces in the psychedelic trance scene that has ever existed. He is simply unique and I don´t know who else can put so much melancholia, emotion and spirit in his tracks as Boris Blenn. All of his tracks are like you are in a state of dream.

Don't mistake Electric Universe with Boris Blenn... Boris Blenn also releases techno/ lounge music music under his own name (since 2008), but I think most psytrancers will find his stuff pretty crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuu5hk3-cM

I talked about this album many times over the last years in this forum. I fin this album truly impressive. Altough it is lounge music, the album has all elements that are common for Boris Blenn. For me it is a mix between lounge and ambient with incredible sounds. An absolute masterpeace in my opinion. I don´t think other lounge music sounds like that. It´s like when Shpnogle makes ambient. Altough the music is ambient, you can hear the Posford touch, just like with Boris Blenn´s lounge music. Both kinds of music are ivery psychedelic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...