Why do we keep worshipping the old Gods?

Djuna

26 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

Even Koxbox's last album was bad. And no reason to talk about AP, I have given up on them years ago.

I thought it was pretty grouvey! Nothing like the old koxbox but still definitely refreshing psytrance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penzoline said:

I thought it was pretty grouvey! Nothing like the old koxbox but still definitely refreshing psytrance.

Just to prove that we don't worship them. We just like the sound made back then. And obviously due to age we are a little bit harder to please :P

Goa trance had grace,style and soul, neo goa and everything psytrance related since 2003 (i was a minimal/tech trance whore)

imo was uninspiring and boring, with a few exeptions ofc.

the game has changed, even after the fall of goa, during the  late 90's artists would

still experiment, had a special sound signature to different them from other artists and had the urge to evolve and explore, eveything since is simply

directed to (this is going to be harsh) 12 hours at a festival with a big soundsystem, fences, youtube videos of 'look at me im intrance, like, share #hashtag's

with tons of money to artist who used to make great music 15 years ago when they were broke, but now are living the dream with a lot of money, airplaines

and rockstar attitudes.

I Was never apart of the whole goa trance revival thing, im sorry but i couldnt care much for watching asia  2001/gnotr/koxbox whatever live. 

they released great music that will forever be immortalized in my heart, but my search is for meaningfull music, the kind i can listen to at HOME

and be immersed and blown away.

Im not saying everything is bad, i do enjoy some stand out releases since the fall of goa, even in the neo-goa front i have a few artists with my eye on (artifakt303,ufomatka)

but (no offence) the rest of it is simply boring and  unoriginal.

it seems newer music is directed to big festivals only, and not for the standard trancer who needs his brain be stimulated first in order to dance>go into a trance state.

So, old gods ? they nailed it, the psytrance scene ? has lost it's way, and im affraid my fate as an optimistic person in its nature

is to keep hoping for something new everytime i press 'play' on something releated to psytrance.

but hey, people are dancing, what the hell do i know ?

• Like 1

Old is Gold. 

I was actually reading about Goa and how each wave thought the vibe was gone when a new one came - so since the late 70's some were already saying how it losts its magic. I think it's natural to see that people fascinated with their tribal roots, said Golden Age of Mankind, all of them Archaic Revival, would be subject to making that sort of pattern arise. 

I haven't lived the Magic Era, I was born in 1995, and I am stuck on old-school Goa so hard! There's nothing quite like it ... For me, it's about what the music vehiculates, what state of mind it puts you in. Goa is a great combination of many things. The energy it communicates (not to fast so it allows great body expression), the meditative quality of it (which allows for extended home listening), the endless layers and the texture of the sound ... The beautiful melodies arising from pure mystery, before being swallowed again by that utter ineffable essence. The rythms it creates which are purely liberating and allows great variations and pure expression. The hardware feel of it. The context of it all I guess ... It's just the perfect combination, why go seeking something else when you have stricken the core of it? Well, it's evolution some say, and it is, but every evolution ends in revolution. I really believe in the special ability of Goa trance to transform the mind like no other music - it's like the Epiphany of Techno music, dead wood beat music (that is already amazing) just gets to a purely spiritual level, with outer weirdness from parallel dimensions ... 

Anyway, the way I like to think about it is like Hendrix but dispatched on many peoples. Goa was a meteor.  And the "Old Gods" were Old Gods, they were transfigurated by great spirits and supreme vibe, but it was beyond them, it was flowing through them. They cannot hold it in their hands. It has gone someplace else now ...

Old sig Old