Pure Morning Full On

Shpongled247

I'm not sure if I'm just looking in the wrong places but there seems to be a drought of what I would call pure morning full on in the last few years. Perhaps in part due to the crossover of progressive coming closer to full on and the whole full on/progressive merger almost becoming a genre itself these days.

So, where is the actual, pure, morning full on? I'm not going to give old examples that I know because I want to see what everyone else thinks. Does it still exist and who are the new (er?) artists making it?

^

good fullon, but i don't see anything "morning" about it.

Haha me neither! I haven't heard it in a couple weeks and remembered it being a bit slower. But, nope, it's a night-timer. :P

Should have listened to it again before posting....oops!

Try this one, a bit older but damn good:

I haven't listened to any videos in this thread yet (looking forward to that when I'm home), but for me part of the issue has been that full-on and morning psy basically converged?

The melodic morning stuff and the more banging stuff all kind of became one genre after prog got so big.

Prog split off in to a few tangets (the Iboga floaty stuff, their percussive stuff closer to techno, the Iono style banging stuff with those big kicks, and the super-repetitive off-beat Spin Twist sound being the big 4 styles) and in turn the >138bpm day-time trance all kind of became the same thing? The differentiation seemed to disappear, and the real melodic morning stuff seemed to be the part that disappeared the most.

• 1 month later...

but for me part of the issue has been that full-on and morning psy basically converged?

Werent they always the same thing ? Please enlighten me to the difference . I know something called dark full on started around 2006 which was less melody oriented but i didnt see why that coudnt have been played in the morning or rather why it should have be played more at night. and what the hell let me take this to its logical conclusion and say i hate defining psy in terms of morning and night becuase IMO psychedelic music in general depends more on the state of mind and not on whether the the sun / moon is out or not for 'morning' and 'dark' to make sense, if you get my drift.

Werent they always the same thing ? Please enlighten me to the difference .

no. only isreali fullon focued much more on morning than anything else.

examples for non-morning fullon would be these (from 2003 and 2004 respectively) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNOdUMbxoag

in the first half of the 00s, nearly all music played from sunset to sunrise was fullon and there was an appropriate abundance of fullon ranging from darker to fluffy morning music...

Werent they always the same thing ? Please enlighten me to the difference . I know something called dark full on started around 2006 which was less melody oriented but i didnt see why that coudnt have been played in the morning or rather why it should have be played more at night. and what the hell let me take this to its logical conclusion and say i hate defining psy in terms of morning and night becuase IMO psychedelic music in general depends more on the state of mind and not on whether the the sun / moon is out or not for 'morning' and 'dark' to make sense, if you get my drift.

It makes more sense in festival terms than at-home listening terms. Just about any festival in the world will put the more raging sounds (the nighttime music) on during the night when the energy is at its peak with the more groove-oriented sounds taking place under the sun (the daylight music). I'm not sure if there's any official definition for the terms but this has always made the most sense to me when differentiating the two.

perfect thread topic! I just had a friend ask me this not long ago. Im not looking into newer music so I was clueless. the same complaint was had where the music turns proggy and has the dumb triplet bass thing going on. yuck!

since people have already posted earlier tracks, i can't resist adding the ultimate morning fullon track now:

I came into this thread with Protoculture in mind. But with their track 'Melody Machine' is the best example ;p Im sure you know this one? this is from the Refractions album which has other great morning tracks too.

morning is easiest in my mind described as softer melodic synths. the "sunrise" psytrance music (i can see setting sun too). morning carries its own emotion. can be trancier even.

skip the first track as its a different genre. the 2nd track has a trancy feel but still morning. then morning psy throughout the release

perfect thread topic! I just had a friend ask me this not long ago. Im not looking into newer music so I was clueless. the same complaint was had where the music turns proggy and has the dumb triplet bass thing going on. yuck!

I came into this thread with Protoculture in mind. But with their track 'Melody Machine' is the best example ;p Im sure you know this one? this is from the Refractions album which has other great morning tracks too.

triplets haven't always been yuck. used sparingly, they did add a bit of variety in the past (when i think of it there are surprisingly many triplet parts in artha's album...). it's just that when they're used in every second track as a cheap trick to mask a lack of creativity that i can't stand them anymore ;)

refractions is a great morning album. there's not a single bad track on there. my favourite one from there is silicon sunrise. it has a bit more somber (i dare not say melancholic ;) ) vibe while still being focued on beautiful smooth melodies. so i guess it's more suited for the time when the first signs of dawn become visible rather than just before sunrise :)

Interesting term, morning full on ... I only know morning trance and this term is in my brain aaaages old, it was told me in one of my early posts here. And then never again, interestingly...

But maybe that term is more meant in to the direction of scando trance.

Anyway, are we already at the old (gold) stuff? Then maybe this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqx3KzptLfA

Or something newer ... but not that fully full-on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0CAzNGjg4

Interesting term, morning full on ... I only know morning trance and this term is in my brain aaaages old, it was told me in one of my early posts here. And then never again, interestingly...

But maybe that term is more meant in to the direction of scando trance.

i remember the time when we distinguished between morning trance and fullon, but wtf is scando trance? ;)

i remember the time when we distinguished between morning trance and fullon, but wtf is scando trance? ;)

Logic bomb is the only example i can think of.