Favourite DJ

Guest X

Don't really have a favourite. However Headroom and Stryker have some fantastic fullon mixes online. Zipntf is very good as well, made some mixes I absolutely adore (EE mix and Power Trip.)

Lots of great DJ's but no favourite.

Dj Aries, Malmö, Sweden.

His vinyl collection is to drool for and his mixing is flawless, and when minimal progressive psytrance was destroying goatrance, he kept it alive and him alone.

For psytrance though I prefer to hear the tracks as a whole.

When it comes to Vocal Trance and Progressive Trance, thats another story.

Tsuyoshi always blew my mind.

• Like 1

Well the Finnish DJ Lupu who specializes in proto-Goa sound is definitely one. You ought to check out his mixes on youtube if interested in the old stuff? Paul Eye on this forum is great with chill-out sets, but his knowledge of that music is very deep, too.

But honestly, I value artists much higher than DJs. Takes a whole different level of dedication, passion and yearn to become an artist with a signature sound.

• Like 1

You sir, Mr.Rasalom. What an awesome mix you gave us! Love that dark haunting eerie atmosphere. You too are on my list now :D

One question , will you play live.??? I guess its offtopic, let me PM you. :)

Edited by Starkraver
  • Like 1

You sir, Mr.Rasalom. What an awesome mix you gave us! Love that dark haunting eerie atmosphere. You are too on my list now :D

One question , will you play live.??? I guess its offtopic, let me PM you. :)

Well... thank you :)

I used to play live, then I knocked my wife up and had to change direction. Though now, I can probably get back into live performance... daughter's in high school.

ill chime in with starky, that was a thick arse trip, that mix. i dont know why i keep going to dense, dank, wet, dark, but since i am, the mix was obviously good cause the tracks alone doesnt do that.

Thank you. I've always found that a journey is the most important aspect of a mix. One could simply line up killer tracks and mix them together, but it is better to find a narrative, and then find the tracks that fit that narrative, and THEN mix. At least, for me, that has been the way.

A bit of back story... in the later mid-90's, there was an Israeli DJ. He would bring the most amazing trance from Israel to Japan... but his mixes were brutal (in a bad way). He really inspired me to make smooth mixes with a story. As, for me, there was no greater sin (at that exact time, on 500+ micrograms + 230 milligrams) than a bad mix. He kept blowing my mind with the music, and then taking me right out of it as he would bring in something else from 145 bpm to 138 bpm... bass drums going off in all the wrong places, etc... and then looking up at him from my broken hypnosis to see him shrug his shoulders and continue forward.

He was the greatest inspiration I've ever had.