Did Goa Classics Remixed give you hope for the new AP album?

Ormion

I have to say that I found it absolutely spectacular. Every remix is amazing, some of them even better than the originals, but what I liked the most is that it does sound like proper AP. The kick, the bass, the layers are all classic Astral Projection.

It's been 12 years since Amen and I was always afraid that maybe AP lost it, but this album made me optimistic again. Of course remixing classic tracks is easier than creating new ones from scratch, but my body is ready now.

Bring it!

• Like 1

Avi and Lior have trance in their soul so i don't worry about them ever loosing it unless major negative change in their lives happens.

And i'm completely happy with what we got recently : i just wish them to get more positive and closer to love and humanity and farer from robotic and pseudo spirituality but so far this has been the trend they have taken.

I'm also glad they've chosen quality over quantity : this is probably one of the reasons they keep on displaying natural high energy smiles on their face. They made me trust in trance so i tend to trust them and the way they work their magic.

It gave me some hope, though I don't think they'll ever fully return to their old sound .The remixes were a cool idea (especially the bpc remixes) and the song choice was pretty good. Mugen and CS-Rain was nice. The TIP and BPC remixes were somewhat disappointing(though overbloody flow rmx has grown on me) xdream rain is boring...

Also I dont get why so many people hate on Amen. I dont think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

that ap track is groovy

Meh was quite dissapointed really. They were good but not mindblowingly so. There is so much good new talent out there, time these oldies retired. I"m also hoping that with his USA touring Simon P might forget the whole psychedelic aspect and put out some really good dubbed out EDM/breaks. It's all starting to sound a little to cheesey to my aged ears.

It wasn't mindblowing for sure but it was much better than I expected. I really hope the new album will take the direction between classical AP sound from mid/late '90s and modern Goa sound. Not sure does they plan to do something in that vein, but for me (and I'm sure for many of you) it would be a real treat. Let's wait and see, for sure it will be the biggest news in psychedelic trance world, when it happen.

They have it in themselves, but as said those remixes were nice but nothing really striking. I've got no assumptions as to where they're gonna go with their sound, let's see.

I got my hopes up primarily from the Shiva's India remix, which unfortunately didn't end up on the album. The original was a bit bland and corny par-teeh track like 1200 Mics tends to be, but AP managed to give it a beefy oldschool treatment. The contrast to the embarrassingly punchless handbag club trance they released around 2010 was striking. That was the point when I really started following them again. Well, maybe some of the very-soon-to-be-released album previews like Dunes of Gold too.

Concerning the remix album, it was close but not quite as exciting. However, due to sound quality, I still haven't bought it and probably cannot bring myself to listen to it again. A shame. Maybe I'll get Mugen with the Suntrip release instead, because that was the other cool track of 2014. No idea whether it will sound better, but almost certainly it cannot be any worse.

I haven't heard it, but no. I can't believe people are still talking about the possibility of a new AP album. The "Astral Projection new album" thread is 7 years old!

He he he.. A loooong and painful thread. And I'm guessing this is gonna end up being the same!!

With skytrancer (I don't know if it's him) coming in between and promising about the progress AP have made in the studio and again wooosh disappearing.

Thanks but no thanks.

It's a Hopeless Hope!

The best thing on this album is the killer breaks section in the middle of Feeling Very Weird

Overall, some of the remixes have grown on me a bit (Feeling Very Weird, both BPC tracks) but the Hallucinogen track is kind of meh and the Prana mix just doesn't do it for me either. The original and California Sunshine mixes of Rain are far better than this one and I feel an X-Dream remix might have been better with a different track entirely.

I'm not a massive AP fan to begin with, as such I'm surprised that I like any of it. But, these are my thoughts...

And that breakdown in Feeling Very Weird is just plain awesome

It sounds even better as the 2015 remix from Prana Remixes. Not much difference in musical terms, but it`s toned down a bit, more transparent, mellower and more emotional. Not so aggressive and pumped up like the entire Goa Classics Remixed.

At least this brilliant track is saved this way.

• Like 1

It sounds even better as the 2015 remix from Prana Remixes. Not much difference in musical terms, but it`s toned down a bit,

It's not over-compressed on Prana Remixes, it does sound a lot better.