SUNCDLE05: Asia 2001 - Psykadelia re-release!

So yes, finally it is happening! :)

Asia 2001 - Psykadelia, probably the most searched for and most expensive cd ever (and also one of the best ever imo) will be re-released on Suntrip Records :) It took us a while to make the artwork again (and it is 85% the same...)!

We will release it in more or less 1 month! ONLY in the Suntrip shop, discogs & bandcamp. This will be a LIMITED print, so not too many will be printed of this one! :)

Mastering will stay like the original! :)

Tracklist: as the original :)
1. Anafuzz
2. Orion 2
3. Eolis 2
4. Kalimba
5. Replicants
6. Sherkan 2
7. Reykjavik
8. Flirt Filter

if you ever need to say to someone: what is goa-trance? This album is probably one of the best possible examples :D

11071599_922468977797761_921914635264240

• Like 4

Is it possible to limit 1 CD per purchase so we can avoid people that want to profit and guarantee any one who is seriously interested in the music gets a copy? I have a serious problem with resellers, its especially bad in the retro game scene.

Sorry to be a bit negative there. Look forward to getting a copy to have and listen too!

Is it possible to limit 1 CD per purchase so we can avoid people that want to profit and guarantee any one who is seriously interested in the music gets a copy? I have a serious problem with resellers, its especially bad in the retro game scene.

Sorry to be a bit negative there. Look forward to getting a copy to have and listen too!

Well, I see your point. I have to be honest I had a very hard time selling the last 5 Ka-Sols to one person who promised to buy them all for his "friends" and seeing them online by a person of the same country for 60€ 2 years after...

BUT, things will be different here. First of all we will print 500 of this one (which is a decent print these days) and second, as our main mission is to spread music, and not to make music special for a happy few, we WILL reprint it if it is sold out and there is still a solid question for it. We did the same with Transdimensional and will do the same with TransStellar :)

So, don't worry :) No "investing" this time! :) Everyone is "warned" :)

Excellent news!!! Awesome re-release, kudos!

• 2 weeks later...

This will be a LIMITED print, so not too many will be printed of this one! :)

... we WILL reprint it if it is sold out and there is still a solid question for it....

Dumbest thing I've read today. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

First we had "unlimited". Many of them were actually limited in quantity (and are now rare), although that marketing label wasn't used for them.

Next we had "limited" as a marketing term to encourage more buyers to purchase because of the chance it might be worth $$ in the future, even if the music sucks.

Now we have "limited" as a purely fraudulent and deceptive term, because it's not actually limited.

Next we'll have one-of-a-kind releases that are printed in hundreds of copies, real CDs that are actually burned CD-Rs, etc. How dare anyone desire to make a profit from the label's success other than the label itself!

Dude, welcome in our philosophy. The more goa-trance, the better, for everyone!

Our intention is, and was, never to keep stuff rare... The more people have the cd, the better. This is where music is all about, right?

So why a limited release? Because we think it will be enough to print 500 without distribution via arabesque, this will be only available via the Suntrip shop. But, IF it is sold out in no time, we will reprint. To make sure, nobody earns 80e because they buy 5 copies and wait. If you want to earn money, go and play on stocks!

If you think this is fraudulent, fine. Dont buy it. I thought people are happy when music is released that is almost impossible to find.

• Like 2

Dude, welcome in our philosophy. The more goa-trance, the better, for everyone!

Our intention is, and was, never to keep stuff rare... The more people have the cd, the better. This is where music is all about, right?

So why a limited release? Because we think it will be enough to print 500 without distribution via arabesque, this will be only available via the Suntrip shop. But, IF it is sold out in no time, we will reprint. To make sure, nobody earns 80e because they buy 5 copies and wait. If you want to earn money, go and play on stocks!

If you think this is fraudulent, fine. Dont buy it. I thought people are happy when music is released that is almost impossible to find.

It is fraudulent to market something as a "limited" release when it's not actually limited. Maybe legally you can get away with it, but it's definitely deception. Why bother calling it "limited" at all if it's not actually limited? Answer: because you want to get the attention of investors. But then you turn greedy and want to screw those investors over by re-printing it and pretending that they were bad people for falling for your original marketing tactic. Bad.

If you truly want as many people as possible to have the CD, then print it in a large quantity to begin with (limited or not doesn't matter, but stick with your choice) and sell them for $3 each. You won't make much profit, but the max number of users will own it, and that's what you claim that it's all about, right?

It is fraudulent to market something as a "limited" release when it's not actually limited. Maybe legally you can get away with it, but it's definitely deception. Why bother calling it "limited" at all if it's not actually limited? Answer: because you want to get the attention of investors. But then you turn greedy and want to screw those investors over by re-printing it and pretending that they were bad people for falling for your original marketing tactic. Bad.

If you truly want as many people as possible to have the CD, then print it in a large quantity to begin with (limited or not doesn't matter, but stick with your choice) and sell them for $3 each. You won't make much profit, but the max number of users will own it, and that's what you claim that it's all about, right?

First of, all our LE (limited edition cds) are planned to be printed only once. In the other 4 cases Im sure we will not reprint, because the demand is as we expected, and 1 batch of cds is fine. And probably it is the same with this print. Chances are 90% it will stay a limited print, we wont sell out 500 copies just like that. I just said, in case we totally misjudged this, and the demand is huge, we will print extras... but this is not happening anymore in 2015, watch my words, so in the end you are complaining about something probably wont happen anyway

Well, why should I sell cds for 3 dollar and lose money per sold cd? We are one of the only labels still paying the artists decently, for that we need to sell... People who want to support artists can miss 10e... People who cant afford will download it. everybody happy, no? You are just searching reasons to criticise. Fine, but keep it realistic

What's with the attitude? It's not fraudulent and it's not deceptive; Anoebis clearly stated the plan. Familiarize yourself with a dictionary and don't make false accusations.

Edited by Veracohr
Realized I repeated Anoebis.

Guest antic

Will order it with the debated Prana CD.

You won't regret it - despite being only 3 tracks, they're quite different as they represent the style of respective artists.

Why is it 11€ for Finland?

This was done 1 year ago already, and explained back then... We have 11€ for richer countries, and 10€ for poorer countries (balkan, India, Brasil,...) to make it possible for people in poorer countries to buy cds as well...

The main "problem" with Suntrip is that we are an official company, so pay 21% on every sold cd, while most labels are not, and really "earn" 10€ for every sold cd... Ah well :)

Great news.

Just a question: is it remastered sound or untouched "original" mastering?

Mastering will stay as original.

See post #1 from Anoebis.

Great news indeed.

@Anoebis, @Suntrip

Thanks for reducing the price for the poorer and faaar away countries, got to know today.

What's with the attitude? It's not fraudulent and it's not deceptive; Anoebis clearly stated the plan. Familiarize yourself with a dictionary and don't make false accusations.

It's clearly deceptive. If you don't think so, then answer me: why is the term "limited" used for marketing this CD to begin with? Please give me an answer other than the one I described in my post above, if I'm wrong. Unless you can answer me this, then I will assume that the term "limited" is used for the same reason that it's used by the vast majority of other marketing campaigns, which would indeed make it deceptive and borderline fraudulent to plan to repress it.