Proxeeus - At The Mountains Of Madness (Neogoa, 2015)

I'm happy to reveal concept art, tracklist and album teaser for the upcoming Proxeeus album - At The Mountains Of Madness, to be released under Neogoa netlabel in May, 2015.

19814_355973821257924_352370902598635474

Previews for two tracks are up on our Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/neogoa/at_the_mountains

Tracklist:

01 - Across The Galaxy (10:18)
02 - Hanuman (07:43)

03 - Vimanas (11:35)
04 - Mechanical Menace (09:08)
05 - At The Mountains Of Madness (08:22)
06 - Ayahuasca (10:31)
07 - Chandra Knows (08:26)
08 - The Sea Of Tranquillity (10:26)

More updates will be posted in the upcoming weeks!

• Like 5

He deserves all the attention we can give. Besides the release on Neogoa I'm sure he will make a lot of appereances on other labels aswell. This dude got over 8 hours of top-class Goa trance produced and ready to be released. We will however publish around 75 minutes of most acidic and powerful tracks for the debut. Regarding the artwork, I will make something a little bit different than this preview here...it needs a lot of improvement.

• Like 2

Well...this is it then ! Can't back down now can I ?

This certainly feels strange as hell ! Excited and a bit terrified at the same time. :P

I sincerely hope you will enjoy this !

Hey, M'sieur Proxeeus, if you read this, I just want you to know that... you're cool. You're really really coool.

I'm going to blush, thank you sir, and everybody :)

• Like 3

Good thing I decided not to use the Glagolitic alphabet for the Kolovrat artwork.

Hey, it's the risk that comes with a ) artistic licence b ) pointing out horned helmets in other people's artwork. :P

I think someone submitted this with strictly accurate notation first. A fine mess ensued, including "artist name variations" and all...

But we still love you. You're cool too. :)

• Like 2

Risk Is My Business...And Business Is Risky :D

Good thing I decided not to use the Glagolitic alphabet for the Kolovrat artwork, since it might be too confusing to some people to read and translate it :P On the other hand, greek alphabet letters got shape and look which is similar to latin letters and from the visual side of things it's always interesting to a designer (such as me), but I understand your remark and the fact that people who are using it on daily basis might find it confusing (you posted very good example). Don't worry, it's concept art as I said and the final versions will look different, so no one should be confused :)

Speaking about horned helments (you pointed that one with good intention, just like I did), personally I'm spending a lot of my freetime (as much as I can) researching and reading old-Norse sagas trying to understand better and get the feeling for the certain area, mindset and customs. For sure we will dedicate one compilation project sometime in the future trying to cover as best as we can and know the language, mythology and overall nordic culture, so trying to find inspiration in these wonderful sagas was a logical thing for me to do in the start of creative process for the compilation in the future, but it's not easy at all and it will require a lot of time (for sure more than year and half) to do it properly. I would be happy if we succeed to cover 10% of details which projects (such as Árstíðir Lífsins) did on their conceptual Vápna Lækjar Eldr record, but it's almost an impossible task to do, but at least we will try and give our best to connect the music with the theme/story well.

Many musicians, projects and bands which I found interesting did similar thing, through music and good background conecpt and story they invested me into wonderful learning process of other cultures their customs and language and just the fact that you can find out a lot of interesting and inspirational things through music and learn about them is something I highly appreciate.

Thank you for pointing out these things, they help me/us to better understand our work and to focus more on the presentation. We love you and we appriciate you because of that :)

P.S. - What happened with randez-vous with Mage-script, was it too easy? :D

• Like 3

YES!!!

:excl:
Pointing our horny helmets?

:blush:

Ah, yes, our helmets are very horny because of Monsieur Proxxxeus acidic madness (in the mountains of madness).

:)
As you know, Jerome, I like your style very much, and of course, I will like this album too.
Waiting for May!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 5

P.S. - What happened with randez-vous with Mage-script, was it too easy? :D

Of course, especially when you even provided the key, making it unnecessary to check the previous releases. :D

But I was positively surprised by the small extra layer of obfuscation. I was expecting just a normal listing with substitution so that was neat.

And yeah, apart from the almost overdone faux Cyrillic, faux Greek has been done too. People will get it, but it feels a bit cheap like tattooing "ramen noodles" backwards in Chinese/Japanese in your arse for an exotic twist.

However, I must confess I don't really read Greek or even Russian fluently. I only do some math. :mellow: Meanwhile, I dislike treating umlaut as optional sprinkling which can be added or left off arbitrarily. It completely changes the phonetic value of letters, making the result almost nonsensical, you know. Don't do that in your Nordic release. :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am horny with and without a helmet and seeing lucid mad dreams about this omnipotent album worth gold soon emerging in the horizon...siiiick!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Any news ? :)

Short update - our next two releases (Sadhana and Proxeeus album) will be delayed for a bit due to the minor issues with the releases preparation at Ektoplazm HQ (don't worry, it's nothing too serious). This might be bad news for some of you who are impatiently waiting thoose albums for a while now, but hey, in the meantime we will have some extra time to prepare other upcoming releases and get them ready, so you can expect another Neogoa overload with new music (3-4 releases in one month time-frame probably). You liked that last time, so why not do it again, right?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...