"V/A - Skydivers"

Trance2MoveU

PFu6jJA.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Skydivers

Label: Nutek Records

Date: August, 2006

1. Madnetic - Off Topic

2. Absolum Vs. GMS - The Therapy (Live Rmx)

3. Bliss - Viking Craft

4. Sirius Isness - Mercury Retrograde

5. CPU - Close Your Eyes

6. Mekkanikka - Hill Bily Boy

7. V-Storm - Acid In My Fridge

8. Painkiller - Substain

9. Menog Vs. Space Tribe - Spiritual Experience

10. Painkiller Vs. Bliss - Goblin Fever

sU6B1Su.gif

One day I plan to attempt sky diving. Of course it'll be when the kids are all grown up and by that time I'll be old enough that I won't give a f*ck which way it turns out. Hopefully for the best, but you never know. This is the very first release from Nutek Records, a label which began in 2006 by former psytrance artist CPU. I say former because any psychedelic creativity from Sammy has been drop kicked over a cliff long ago. Have you heard his music lately?

Pee-Yew.

So of course this, the maiden voyage of the label is chock full of commercial full-on masquerading as night time acidic madness. And like those who have launched themselves out of a plane I immediately regret this decision. Don't be fooled by the tracklist. Repetitive samples, exhausting buildups, and plenty of mood killing stops and starts make this jumping out of a perfectly good plane without a parachute. It's a race to the bottom with craptacular efforts from all concerned with the trophy going to the sample heavy, vomit inducing Acid in My Fridge. It could go down as one of the top ten worst tracks of all time. That's quite an achievement considering how long full-on has been around, but rest assured it's well earned.

The only track that I would consider saving is Spiritual Experience and you can find that track on the Kaleidoscopic Visions compilation. Therefore this disc is wholly unnecessary and I certainly would've nudged this bloated f*ck out of the plane before he got his chute on. First impressions are a fact of life and ever since this came out I cannot bring myself to listen to anything from this label. If you are so intent on making un-psychedelic music then why not just do something else?

Promo: "10 mind blowing tracks that will bring some Nu-tek into your ears..."

Oh hell no. I'd rather sit next to this guy.

5LSCiUG.gif

Psyshop

Mdk