Merkaba Music

Tracklist:

1. Deep Forest

2. In Search Of Truth (Re-mindeX)

3. Beauty and the Beast

4. Alien Shaman

5. Sphinx (Re-mindeX)

6. Inner Flame

So glitchy, so bass driven yet so chill and smooth and impeccably gorgeous. In short, awesome psychedelic bass music.

The opener "Deep Forest" is the best of these six delivering speaker-shaking bass lines with deliciously interspersed samples ripe with enrapturing chants, soothing harpsichord melodies and soaring female vocals. It is the most complete and fully realized of this bunch but I would not recommend against any of them.

The steel drum effects in "In Search of Truth" are paired so well with the invigorating vocal samples and that glitch solo in the middle of the track is more than just a little awesome. It's some of the best down tempo psychedelic dubstep to be found outside of Phutureprimitive's "Kinetik" album.

"Beauty and the Beast" is not just the most growling of these tracks but it is also a very apt description for the entire album.

"Sphinx," "Alien Shaman" and "Inner Flame" piece together much in the way of mysterious mood with body-swaying syncopation, almost primitive in their rhythms yet so effective in their methods.

My only gripe is with the track lengths as none go over the five-minute mark. Considering how well-crafted these tracks are and how damn fine they sound it seems criminal that none stick around for another two or three minutes.

Regardless, I do believe this is the best non-Kalya Scintilla release to be put out yet by Merkaba Music.

()