"V/A - Survival of the Trippest Part II"

Trance2MoveU

KnoNNtW.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Survival of the Trippest Part II

Label: Dope Media

Date: March, 1997

Night Side

1. Evolution - Water Spirit (Sub-Marine Remix)

2. Mama Indica - Maria Sabinas

3. Cosmoon - Sleep Paralysis

4. SETI Project - X-Ray

5. Temple of Ellora - Hot Pot

6. Drop & Dash - Trixtrax

7. Metacosm - Dancestein

8. Infrarot - Acid Dog

9. Four Carry Nuts - Grapefruit

Morning Side

1. SETI Project - Redeem

2. MOS - The Wave Inside

3. The Pollinator - Clone III (Unreleased Mix)

4. Morphem - Nothing Left

5. Animals Club - Japan (E-rection Remix)

6. Astrological - Stingray

7. Etnica - Moon Influence

8. Paradise Connection - 111 Belltrees

9. Ghost Train - Accidental Erasure

Let's put the cards on the table ok? I realize this thing is rare and sold for a ridiculous $219.47. Who throws that much coin at a CD? Can I party with that guy? That's a lot of money for a whole bunch of meh. If you're in the market for spending some cash for a mediocre product can I interest you in some of my college term papers?

Yeah it's got a lot of ok tracks on it with some fantastic ones interspersed within. Tim Schuldt as Mama Indica rocks with Maria Sabinas and X-Ray by SETI Project is one of the hardest psychedelic goa tracks ever produced. I haven't heard high pitched squealing like that since I stepped on a cat's tail. F*cking exquisite that track is. Hot Pot by a Shiva Chandra side project is quirky, but really cool. The Wave Inside is another standout, but after that...I'm too lazy to find out if any of the tracks only appear in this one place so if that's the case you're still f*cking nuts to shell out a car payment for this disc.

Do you know how many lap dances you can get for that?

Mdk

There is a certain allure about the label, connected with High Society, the label which launched Etnica, Tim Schuldt and Boris Blenn. That's what makes most from these labels very sought with people willing to spend triple digit figures.

Truth be said, both labels released a lot of crap, and a some very good music. But if you weigh them there's much more crap.