Filterias "Lost In The Wild" is one of very few masterpieces of our time

Shpongled247

again please listen to ra - 9th and you will hear something magic very harmonious and personal - definition of musicthen listen to filteria...

What if I told you that I dislike 9th, but absolutely love Filteria?

Same here. At the exception of Time Current.

That should be due either to my poor musical taste, or to my lack of musical education xD

After all, how can I enjoy the rich tapestries of multiple chaotic layers such as delivered by Jannis Tzikas, and still call myself a trance lover ?

I confess my sins. Tomorrow, I'll get myself a teacher, and he'll guide me onto the right path. And then, RA shall be proud of me, as I shall accept Him in my heart as my Lord and Saviour. Amen.

• Like 3

That should be due either to my poor musical taste, or to my lack of musical education xD

After all, how can I enjoy the rich tapestries of multiple chaotic layers such as delivered by Jannis Tzikas, and still call myself a trance lover ?

I confess my sins. Tomorrow, I'll get myself a teacher, and he'll guide me onto the right path. And then, RA shall be proud of me, as I shall accept Him in my heart as my Lord and Saviour. Amen.

RA: I am RA. One cannot become a 4th density spirit/body complex, dedicating yourself to the path of others, without understanding the law of one. As a 6th density being, it will require 5 more of your calendar years before understanding can be reached. Your vibrations as a spirit/body complex will slowly take the form of green light while earth goes through the harvesting period. Only those who have prepared themselves will be able to ascend to become closer to the Creator. I am RA.

nothing wrong with that

no worries anyone is free to like whatever he wants to. My post was initially a reply to OP "Filterias "Lost In The Wild" is one of very few masterpieces of our time" - i replied to disagree and I explained why

OP wrote "nothing has come close since as far as artist development and maturity, album to album goes" - i disagree and i explained why

i dont think filteria ever made a masterpiece - i explained why

i disagree and i explained why

That's what fanboys tend to ignore.

Filteria's turbocharged steam engine goa trance has never really appealed to me. Not saying that he's absolute crap, my preferences just lie elsewhere.

Thank you for the love and criticism..

Some insight regarding Sky Input: I was just a kid back then (19-20 years old) who made music for myself in my parents place. There was no one who would affect me and tell me how it should sound. I just did what I wanted too. Once that album came out, I started reading reviews and talk with the audience at parties after my gigs. Like it or not, they will affect you. But you also change as a person. I can't possibly be the same guy today as I was back then.

Things have changed a lot since the Sky Input days. There are periods of time nowdays where I play every weekend and have the opportunity to test my new tracks on audiences all around the world. I always try to find a sweet middle ground between homelistening and being able to make people dance. For instance: a track like Lost in the Wild or 36th February might be (probably is) too much for homelistening but been tearing dancefloors apart, so I couldn't exclude them from the album. But I was really happy with the result in the end.

As for the question: how do you follow up the Lost in the Wild album? I am working on K.O.B. album. And I am having some serious sound design sections and trying to find new stuff that will inspire me to make a 5th one. Time will tell how that goes...

Best regards to everyone / Jannis

• Like 5

That's what fanboys tend to ignore.

To be fair, I wasn't actually opposing the criticism towards Filteria, but the way it was done. There is a way to debate things, and blunt, manichean statements tend to make me teasy.

Now, some criticism have been made, and I approve it. Some tracks do feel bland. To my ears, the 3rd album sounded too random, and sometimes Janis (hi Janis !!!!! <3<3<3<3<3) rely too much on the "Filteria bursting" rhythm.

However, that's not the case with LITW. The tracks are refined, much more "simple", and perfectly measured.

I am working on K.O.B. album.

Mldsmqsdkmldksmldksmldkldqsmldksqml !!! Utsukushiiiiiii !!!!!

well i like some artists and i am willing to admit they are not particularly talented - ka-sol is a good example you cant really say its true musical talent (have a music teacher listen to ka-sol and you think he will say this artist is talented?)

as for filteria - since the beginning he tried to copy pleiadians - if you have enough talent you dont try to copy anyone or at least if you do so you succeed and make something even better which is far from being the case here

again please listen to ra - 9th and you will hear something magic very harmonious and personal - definition of music

then listen to filteria...

my view is if you have enough talent then you dont need to put 1000 layers in a track to make it sound like it is psychedelic

I think there are many ka-sol tracks that showcase talent.

Also you know how I defined my own graphical style? By aspiring to do what I was inspired from. Most artform is a form of copy, you just end up personalizing it. Doing something "better" doesn't really make sense to me.

• Like 2

Filteria's Sky Input is the album that guided me into the new goa direction many years ago.

Without that album I wouldn't even be on this forum.

That's how important Filteria is to me and my friends.

About his albums, of course I have mixed feelings.

Sky Input remains a classic with Galactic Rays as my corner stone.

Daze of Our Lives contains Wormhole (oh my fucking god!!!) and Earthrise (oh my fucking other god!!).

Then again, while the whole goa scene found Heliopolis too chaotic, I find it his masterpiece.

What the hell is wrong with in-your-face goa to the core?!

Heliopolis has it all. An ass-ramming you won't forget. :P

• Like 2

Filteria's Sky Input is the album that guided me into the new goa direction many years ago.

Without that album I wouldn't even be on this forum.

That's how important Filteria is to me and my friends.

About his albums, of course I have mixed feelings.

Sky Input remains a classic with Galactic Rays as my corner stone.

Daze of Our Lives contains Wormhole (oh my fucking god!!!) and Earthrise (oh my fucking other god!!).

Then again, while the whole goa scene found Heliopolis too chaotic, I find it his masterpiece.

What the hell is wrong with in-your-face goa to the core?!

Heliopolis has it all. An ass-ramming you won't forget. :P

have my like dear sir.

Usually if their first 2-3 releases suck, they only get worse after that. So I haven't heard "Lost In The Wild" and I doubt I'm missing much. There is a chance that I'm missing out, just like I could be missing out on the newest Justin Bieber. :lol:

Oh, come on dude. Justi click on it.

Courage, young boy. Just gotta click the play button :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6n4gRUUius

I know you want it :3 It's just here, waiting for you to click !

• Like 1

Pure melody wise... Dog Days Bliss, and specially Birds Lingua France (and the end melody of Navigate) say all for me :)

Birds is one of the few amazing trance tracks that has a melody non stop, during the whole track without getting boring... Only Shakta - Indras Net, Paradise Connection and New Borns observer did that before him for me...

• 4 weeks later...

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

That's an amazing gif Ormion,thanks! Made my day :D

On topic: I have all the Filteria albums. I loved the fact that he tried to recreate/imitate (whatever you wanna call) the Pleadians sound. I saw him as a warrior, back in 2013 :D fighting for that long lost godly sound of Pleadians.

LITW is indeed "one" of very few masterpieces of our time.

THE best? Nope.

I think down the years, I'll probably like K.O.B albums more than the Filteria one's. That shows my faith in Jannis ;)