Trouble with profile image

Obscurum

I am having serious difficulties trying to " adjust the cropped image" in my profile picture. I spent an hour today uploading different images from my i phones photo library so i could set a new profile photo for my account here on Psynews. None of the images would " crop" in the editor. I tried several different photos of all different sizes. And help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Can you be more specific about what happened when you tried? Did you get an error message, or did the image just not come out looking like the preview, or what? Also, what browser and OS are you using?

• Like 1

I am using an I Phone 5. Every time I load an image or picture from my I Phone library it loads but there is an error message in red saying Failed to set new photo but the image did load because i can see it next to where the upload from file/ choose file button is. I try to adjust the crop but nothing happens. There is no image visible inside the image box where i try to adjust the crop

I just tried on an iPhone 6 and it worked OK. Are you using the mobile version of the site or the full version? How big is your image? When you try to adjust the crop, are there "OK" and "Cancel" buttons below the image cropping box?

Yes there are ok and cancel buttons when im trying to adjust the crop. Also i have tried to use several different image sizes. Im using the full version of the website

Nothing happens at all. There is no image inside the adjust crop box and there is a blinking line around the outside of the box where the image is supposed to be

I don't know if there's anything I can do about it, I'm, afraid (I'll ask the other admins though). Do you have a computer you could try it on? Alternatively if you send me an email with the image you want as your avatar I could set it for you.

• Like 1

I would like to email you my image so you can set it for me. I really appreciate you taking your time helping me out

Unfortunately i have done extensive research on my ipone 5 and have come to find out that images cannot be uploaded onto any website including email on my safari web browser which is the default browser for iphones. iphone 6 is different and has been updated to be able to upload images. Ill have to go to a regular computer to upload my profile image.