fantasizing and music - concept in music

remnant

I once asked an old fellow to tell what images does his favorite music create or evoke in his mind. He answered that when he listens to epic or extreme metal his mind projects images of forests, untrodden places in fog and other special places that inspire power like castles, mountains etc..

Does your favourite music inspire to you images or visions? Maybe even a way to see or to seek yourself?

Does this differ depending the music type you listen to?

Does every music type has it's own kind of visualization or an agenda of concepts?

Does your favourite music inspire to you images or visions?

Yeap. Fantasy landscapes. I've made a post about it months ago (https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/69084-connecting-psy-music-to-landscapes/). Actually, it is the reason why I listen to psy-music, because it permits me to visualize coloured visions and beautiful sceneries.

Does this differ depending the music type you listen to?

There are differences, but it always take me to my own universe : deep European landscapes with magical surroundings.

Does every music type has it's own kind of visualization or an agenda of concepts?

I think so.

Steve Roach - I have plenty of his music now and it really is soooooo damn good to drift in to a half awake state of blissful tripping. It's kind of more a blissful peace, lost in space but with positive vibes. I alway find when i come back from listening to his music I feel reenergised and very very much in a positive stress free state of being. It could be that he & I exchanged many emails about what I was looking for before he selected I think it was 12 of his releases for me.Th eonly one that troubles me is a modular one about insect growth which well O have a phobia of bugs so it makes me unsettled LOL.

Yes it's great when that happens but sometimes it anoys me, especially with some classical music. When it gives me images of ordinary things like snowfall or ducks or an old ballroom, sure it's beautiful but thats it, and then it just explores the same image for ten minutes.

I usually prefer when the music moves me. From one place to another. in my mind.

Yeap. Fantasy landscapes. I've made a post about it months ago (https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/69084-connecting-psy-music-to-landscapes/). Actually, it is the reason why I listen to psy-music, because it permits me to visualize coloured visions and beautiful sceneries.

Nice. Good thinking.

I searched a little bit for this subject and found these two topics:

Behind the music - conceptualism in Goa trance

What are you thinking when you dance?

Does your favourite music inspire to you images or visions? Maybe even a way to see or to seek yourself?

No images or visions or visuals whatsoever. Plenty of emotions and feelings though. It's always been like this.

Quite the same thing with psychedelics actually, although the visual aspect is sometimes a bit stronger than just "nothing at all".