2015 : The experimental year ?

Scandinasia

Hello people.

It is only february, but we already had very exciting things happening in the Goa microcosm.

It has never been my cup of tea, but in the golden days, there existed (and you know it) a special kind of Goa, that was either labelled as freeform or experimental. Usually, it consisted in drunken melodies with a thick bassline. But overall, it was crazy psychedelic stuff born to repell the boundaries of psychedelic madness.

Example ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08-lBRAvpA

This species died out. Until now ?

02 February, Fuzzonaut releases Fictionnal Grooves, an EP reviving forgotten flavors of madness.

16 February, Ufomatka releases his debut EP (gloriously entitled : The EP)

Earlier today, I had access to the Soundcloud page of a mysterious Norwegian label called SunVillageRecordings. These past few days, it has released very experimental pieces of Goa, including :

_two EPs The Nature of Space and Transcended Reality

_an album from Hallucinogen (insert joke) entitled The Power of the Mind

All this stuff is absolutely psychedelic, and just as in the past golden days, it's pure Goa that borderlines Psytrance.

Now, there is an upcoming compilation by NeoGoa that is called The World Beyond and that has been described as a "dark, twisted and very experimental compilation" including 4 tracks of unusual length.

I am just poiting out what seems to be a new trend in the Goa world for the next few months.

EDIT :

By the way, it really do seems that Hallucinogen 2015 isn't Simon Posford.

Link to the related section.

EDIT 2 : Confirmed 300%. However, the fake Hallucinogen seems to be part of that experimental trend as well, so I won't remove it from this post. Be it a genuine artist or not, the style of the music isn't trivial and takes place in a certain context.

• Like 1

Sun Village Recordings should pay big money to listeners for suffering such unexplained and traumatic experience by this pile of crap 'music'. I heard a lot of stuff in last 10 years since i following psy/goa... but nothing so bad as this.

I feel offended just with listening. I should demand compensation.

90% of sounds are just out of key LOL.

not-sure-if-want-to-commit-suicide_or-ge

• Like 2

LOL, you're absolutely right. But you know, I wanted so much to listen to Simon 2015 that when I listened it was honey to my ears. That's what I call the true power of the mind.

And I will lose all my credibility saying this (shame on me !) but since I was able to listen to this, and this my mind put his desires so hard into the tracks, that I actually find these tracks not that bad. And I listened like 2 to 3 hours to this.

Now, I authorize you to kill me. Please.

53c22ad2c90e8c341800027b.gif

Beyond that matter, I hope that this topic won't shift away from its actual purpose.

Earlier today, I had access to the Soundcloud page of a mysterious Norwegian label called SunVillageRecordings. These past few days, it has released very experimental pieces of Goa, including :

1158.gif

• Like 4

Now, there is an upcoming compilation by NeoGoa that is called The World Beyond and that has been described as a "dark, twisted and very experimental compilation" including 4 tracks of unusual length.

I am just poiting out what seems to be a new trend in the Goa world for the next few months.

Personally, I don't like to stick to any trends, since we really want to push our music to many different directions and have unique approach, while exploring the possibilities of genre itself. The World Beyond might be interesting piece of Goa trance since it's made without any limits or restrictions when it comes to actual lenght of compositions or the way how they were composed. The interesting thing is that each of collaboration had a different making process, from live jamming and improvisation, to classic back to back production between the artists. The goal was to give enough of freedom and to encourage musicians to go beyond their safe zone(s). Their music will speak, not their names.

• Like 3

Does this qualify? LIstening to it right now and it's quite out there :)

Limiti - Information Is Creation

drunken melodies with a thick bassline.

Makes me mainly think of Suomisoundi :P

02 February, Fuzzonaut releases Fictional Grooves, an EP reviving forgotten flavors of madness.

This is a fantastic EP. The link you posted goes to the Goa section @ Ektoplazm (I fixed the link in this quote).

That Ufomatka stuff is niiiice! Fuzzonaut sounds okay but a bit too sterile to my taste (I'm not even going to mention that SunVillage fiasco.. :P ).

But Ufomatka, hell yeah! He's got balls, and I like balls. The same balls Lapsus has, also with a serious but playful vibe in his tracks. And no irritating, easy melodies and song structure - that's almost rare these days! Definitely going to keep track of this guy.

Here's his soundcloud link for the new fans: https://soundcloud.com/alex-ufotrip

• Like 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

That's how the worst bad trip would sound like (and I've never experienced a bad trip lol) and I'm afraid of getting mad because of it. That "Hallucinogen" release almost made me vomit, but the Ogle's Dancing Energies track isn't bad at all.

EDIT: It's funny how the album's description says this: "We flash you these fine tunes, only for your own well-being and comfort. This is music made with the mind, with very expensive equipment. We hope you will enjoy this as much as we do.".

Ufomatka really is something. Reminds me a bit of some 'darker' Suomisaundi like Salakavala or Squaremeat.

I also think Graffado from Finland would qualify as a new name to keep an eye on if you like experiMENTAL stuff. Consider it Spugedelic, but I don't like to keep myself limited within vast boxes :)

He released some songs on the lateste Trance Bum compilation & a compilation by Nullzone near the end of last year (yes I know, no 2015, but still banging stuff).

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Tarina-Heräävästä-Metsästä/release/6044413

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/swampwave

Also check out his soundcloud page

https://soundcloud.com/graffado

Any opinions on this artist?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people.

It is only february, but we already had very exciting things happening in the Goa microcosm.

It has never been my cup of tea, but in the golden days, there existed (and you know it) a special kind of Goa, that was either labelled as freeform or experimental. Usually, it consisted in drunken melodies with a thick bassline. But overall, it was crazy psychedelic stuff born to repell the boundaries of psychedelic madness.

Example ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m08-lBRAvpA

This species died out. Until now ?

I'll just put this one here (form different topic):

We also have a new release ready by someone who sounds so koxbox Dragon Tales but with some more melodies, that my friends couldn't believe it was NOT koxbox! More info on that soon :D

I'll cut a part out of a track and post it here asap, you'll be surprised... I swear :)

Sometimes You don't know You want something badly until someone else mentions about it. Now I want the sample for yesterday :).

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried to upload it to soundcloud, but for some reason I can't... i'm always logged out immediately when I log in, weird... Anyone else experiencing this problem?

They had some minor redesign recently and when I tried to edit some tracks, they noticed it's unavailable to edit, probably that's why the upload option might not work properly atm.

https://soundcloud.com/anoebis/future-suntrip-ep/s-UUk1m

Well, I went to another browser and it worked there... Weird :)

Anyway, for your pleasure ;)

Copy & paste the link above! It is private, keep it like that please :) - This is just the first track of 4-5 tracks... The others have a nother type of bassline, but the same psychedelic crazy sounds :D

Bingo :) and the other tracks are really the same style... As I told you, Psychopod/Koxbix like :D

Wow well done. I'll buy this for sure, first time Suntrip or any of the modern "Goa" labels have release something i really like. A compilation of this style would be wonderful. Brings back great memoris of around 1997-1999 for me the best psychedelic time.

Wow well done. I'll buy this for sure, first time Suntrip or any of the modern "Goa" labels have release something i really like. A compilation of this style would be wonderful. Brings back great memoris of around 1997-1999 for me the best psychedelic time.

It will be only out during autumn, so still some waiting time... We are thinking about more stuff is in this style as well (and are now negotiating for it with someone), but it is HARD to find good stuff in this style :) A comp may come indeed one day or another :)

Variety is the key to more goos psychedelic, acidic & melodic goa! :D

if you told me it was from an unreleased koxbox track i wouldn't disagree.

there really is a lot going on with goa getting more experimental and covering a broader spectrum (especially with the darker/acidic stuff). when compiling my next driving cd i noticed a definite lack in the smoother trancy stuff compared to the last years. the only recent album (apart from a few compilation tracks) is ap's remix album. the last albums before that were mindsphere, artifact303 and antares and these are a few years old already. that means it's time for ra ;), any news?

Could someone tell me why there are lot of post 2004 producers whose style is inspired by AP, MFG, Pleiadians or Transwave, making dancefloor bombs or deep-space storytelling tunes but there are only two or three trying to explore crazier/stranger side of goa? Is it harder to achieve? I'm asking because new wave artists talking about their inspirations often mention Hallucinogen or KoxBox next to those I've written earlier.