2. Divine Miracles

3. Constant Motion

4. Anapa

5. Celestial Beings

6. 1001 Reasons

7. Gray Matter

8. A Different Story

9. Perpetual Energy

"Perpetual Energy" is not just the album title, it is also a disclaimer.

The debut album from Celestial Intelligence is big, loud and brazen, an almost non-stop blast of excellent goa, where so much is fit into the productions that it seems not the slightest bit more could be added but details are never sacrificed, always crystal-clear and never overlooked in this maelstrom of careening dance-floor bliss.

One highlight would certainly be the E-Mantra-esque "A Different Story" that creates a warm and inviting world of sound but still includes enough oomph to live up to the "Perpetual Energy" promise. Perhaps the track is a stand-out because it dares to go down a different path from most everything else on the album.

The top moments here belong to the three-track block of "Constant Motion," "Anapa" and "Celestial Beings." The energy never relents but there is pure bliss in this chaos. Suited well for a sunny festival afternoon this would be that special 25-minutes where time and space disappear and the plot about everything you may know anything about is completely lost.

The worst thing about this album would be "1001 Reasons" and that poor track suffers simply by having the misfortune of playing after the aforementioned trio.

To say Celestial Intelligence has made a great debut album sounds a bit insulting, as if it is suggesting that a veteran's album would be more worthy of your time.

With tastefully gleeful mayhem, Celestial Intelligence has made a great album. Period.

Listen to Celestial Intelligence - "Constant Motion": https://soundcloud.com/celestial-intelligence/celestial-intelligence-constant-motion

Edit: As the days go on it seems more and more focus is put on the mastering of the album rather than the music itself. It seems quite a few feel the album is too loud and it detracts from the overall experience. I have not encountered any such problem and maybe most non-technical listeners will not either. The sound is clear to these ears, the lines between the layers are clearly drawn and it is easy to skip between any layer on any given track. There are some beautiful melodies contrasted, to my utter fascination, by an energy flow that never stops in one place for very long. If it is too loud, well, I do not agree. It is just loud enough to suit the album adequately. Those of the other point-of-view, unfortunately, may be missing out on a very good experience. This music is fantastic!

• 4 weeks later...

su7TtbT.jpg

Artist: Celestial Intelligence

Title: Perpetual Energy

Label: Suntrip

Date: January, 2015

1. Into the Depths of Illusion

2. Divine Miracles

3. Constant Motion

4. Anapa

5. Celestial Beings

6. 1001 Resonse

7. Gray Matter

8. A Different Story

9. Perpetual Energy

I believe it fair to say that Suntrip has been on a bit of a roll as of late.

H3B2KtW.gif

*hypnotized* I've been staring at this for twenty minutes. They've got some amazing stamina.

Where was I? Oh, and by roll I mean total goa trance domination for a decade. Yeah they are the kingpin of goa trance music with a list of quality releases longer than your arm. But I'm talking this year. From the triple CD ten year lovefest Ten Spins Around the Sun, to the raw old school acidic mayhem of Shakta's Retrospective to the absolute pinnacle of E-mantra's career with Nemesis, I'd say this year has been one in which Suntrip reminds us all how it should be done.

zwPqBqa.jpg

Yes, everything is indeed awesome.

With their first release of the new year Suntrip have unleashed a whole new level of bad assery. Celestial Intelligence are Branislav Dimkovski and Dabilor Anastasovski from a planet far away and their album is a brilliant debut comprised of melodies and more layers than a tiramisu from the Cheesecake factory. Not to mention the power. Oh, the brute force applied to send you into that perfect level of trance. Each track builds on all of the above factors until it's tsunami time and you're buried under a wave of awesome. Even I could DJ with this. Hit play, get a drink, and go schmooze with the ladies. Fist pump, fist pump! Whistle, horn, siren!

rZqriNc.gif

That's how you guys do it, right?

I agree with Bill (great review btw) that 1001 Reasons is a good track it just has the unfortunate task of following the previous onslaught, thereby getting over shadowed. But everyone has to come down at some point. Can you ask for more of your goa trance than this melodic, acidic, relentless pace? Where do you go from here? How do you top yourself? Questions I'm sure this label will continue to answer. Bottom line this CD is an incredible way to start the new year and it's gonna take an insane release to top it. Do not hesitate to add this to your collection. It's Suntrip. It's Celestial Intelligence. It's magic.

Suntrip

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk

• Like 2

Nice one, Mikey! I read the piece first from the daily notifications and then clicked over. Your words take on new levels of profundity with hot dancer gifs between the paragraphs. :P

PS - You want more layers? Try the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut, oh my!

typical "new goa" - 75 minutes of melodies & layers everywhere - well executed

next morning you cant remember a single track

(indeed mastering could be more ear-friendly - maybe next time)

omg not that gudi :( is bit disaponted :mellow: sad -_-

its fine to each their own - i pretty much gave up with new goa anyway - cant find anything i really like

if anyone could recommend some nice new goa that doesnt sound like "i wanna kill your ears with 100000 layers" then im up for it

last release i really liked was the psysex album but thats not goa - great technoish psytrance anyway very high quality i recommend to everyone

Try Khetzal's "Corolle". Not very complex but very warm and beautiful. It's on the opposite end of the goa spectrum, not a whole lot of dancing to be done. A masterpiece, though.

dolmot where can i listen to this tape?

I think it was in 2009 when I started making annual mixes to document what's happening in the scene. There's diverse stuff in those, some of it probably not even goa as defined by the OEMGSCC, but you can try your luck and maybe spot something interesting. Here's the 2014 edition: txt, mp3 (259 MB, 150 min).

However, this isn't the thread to discuss the scene in general or mixes so let's do that somewhere else.

• 1 month later...

I think the more I listen to this album the more I understand it. Perpetual Energy is still hard to listen to from start to finish because every song is so intense, it's tiring. But overall, wow I am really really impressed. This is clearly the best stuff from this project and anyone who likes fast paced, intense, melodic goa trance should definitely listen to this. My personal favorites are Into the Depths of Illusion, Divine Miracles, Celestial Beings, Perpetual Energy.

• 1 year later...

It took me to be in a good mood to really appreciate this release. I was looking for goa that wasn't just gonna float around, but have immersive melody and I got it. All tracks are good, but tracks 5 and 8 are simply amazing. I'm definitely considering buying it.

• 5 months later...

I think the more I listen to this album the more I understand it. Perpetual Energy is still hard to listen to from start to finish because every song is so intense, it's tiring.

I've had this feeling too. Like I said there are many musical qualities here that are absolutely great. It's very frantic scifi warp-speed goa and with some equalizing it sounds pretty good too. The default soundstage is just not great which is a shame.

• 5 months later...

if anyone could recommend some nice new goa that doesnt sound like "i wanna kill your ears with 100000 layers" then im up for it

How's that hunt for new Goa going? Tell me you've landed upon Ra and Artha by now?

• 1 year later...