minimal knowledge

Anyone have recommendations on some deep, complex, dark, twisted minimal beats??? My founding favorite to this day is Iboga's Anima compilation (phony orphants n' lurifax trax are awesome), along w/ most of the label's work. I've recently discovered Krumelur and it sounds pretty good. Much happieness n' appreciations to any responses, peace

You like dark minimal stuff, Ok then I can recommend you these ones:

- Haldolium - H2

- Zerotonine - Cygnus loops (don´t know if you can still get it anywhere)

- almost all Creamcrop releases

- the first two compilations on Submachine

- V/A - Rolling eyes (Zenon records)

- V/A - Progopoly (Plastik Park)

- V/A - Tryptamine (Iboga)

- Beat Bizarre - Lewd (Iboga)

- both Databass Compilations

- Snug as a Bug - Imitate people (Hadshot)

- Vaishiyas - Flaxid (Jum Jam)

- V/A - Progress Froggy world (Froggle Records)

- Auricular - Audion (Medium)

- Noma - Navigator (Spiral Trax)

- Charasmatix - Soma Agents (Flying Rhino)

- not to forget the king of minimal Shiva Chandra though most of his music is not quite dark

Some releases are pretty old, but imo they are still kicking ;-)

I think that´s enough to start with...

If you want some great techtrancey minimal stuff keep you're eye out for Sensient's new direction, very very different and very very good... check out his album and the Zenon Records compilation Eyes Rolling ;)

hurray for minimal !!

try metronome, native radio, nasa (if you like the tribal feeling), ryan halifax.. some older krumelur too, as you've found out...

minimal creates an overall feeling, an atmosphere, very very trippy if you can get into it, towelie.. It doesnt have to do with peace and love... Peace and love atmosphere I also dont even think full on, or old school has it so much.. I think housy trance would be much more...

Minimal is some kind of deadish these days and I like it, after 3 years of rulership along with progressive. I mean, I like these styles also, but somehow they are empty, disposible and short life, minimal I mean, progressive is still pretty good ( Atmos, Ticon, Audiopile, Human Blue, Refeer Decree ) and there are some Minimal that is pretty interesting ( Spirallianz, MOS, old Delta, or some Haldolium, but beside that the rest is pretty numb )...:)