will there be more tracks like LSD?

radi6404

In this thread i want to ask why there are so few similar tracks to Hallucinogen - LSD. After listening to Astral Projection - LSD (remix) I just remembered how good the track is and how trippy and psychedelic it is. In my opinion it is a very energetic and beautiful track, the melodies are beautiful and to my definitions very emotional. II am wondering why there are so few tracks that are similar to Hallucinogen - LSD, even though the track is so good. there are a few tracks that are very similar, but those tracks are few and the rst of goa trance is not very similar to LSD. Almost no artist recreated the powerful, bright, springlike and energetic sound of LSD. the only tracks that in my opinion are really similar are Ayahuasca - New Moon, Phreaky - Paranormal Activity, Phreaky - Over the Moon, and probably remote relatives are tracks by Green Nuns of the Revolution, Oforia, Slinky wizard. how does it come that there are so few similar tracks to Hallucinogen - LSD?

I think it isn´t worth to post remixes of the track since that is not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is why so few artists produced tracks that are in the same style as LSD. Other styles of goa trance have been done other and other again, but somehow only a few artists dared to create similar sounding stuff as LSd. That is also the reason why Paranormal Activity by Phreaky has one of the best openings in whole goa trance history in my opinoin. After the first minutes it gets a bit chaotic and stressful though.

I hope someone will participate in this thread. I mean, doesn´t anyone wonder why there are only a few tracks like LSD out there?

LSD powerful? It sounds gentle and hypnotic to me.

Slinky Wizard - Wizard is probably the closest one I can think of (and I prefer it too, my favourite Posford track ever).

And well I know it's not exactly similar but Chi-A.D - The flame of eternal life got an interesting similar atmosphere (it's darker though, love this track) - same goes with Chi-A.D. - The ocean also dreams.

there is nothing like this track raidi... you have tried this before

it is one of a kind and probably the first and one of the best tracks of all time!

i quoted the first mix of this from 93 as i like it better than the original.... and you probably havn't even heard it

I dunno, every time I put on SUN Project's '380 Volt'... I think "Gee, this sure sounds exactly like 'LSD' by Hallucinogen..."

there is nothing like this track raidi... you have tried this before

it is one of a kind and probably the first and one of the best tracks of all time!

i quoted the first mix of this from 93 as i like it better than the original.... and you probably havn't even heard it

But there are a few similar tracks out there, even though if they are not on par with LSD. Many Phreaky tracks are very similar to LSD, just like some S.U.N. Project tracks like Goa Constrictor said. The track I feel by them reminds me a lot of LSD. some tracks by Dragonfly artists do the same, but that are all tracks that remind of LSD. I think it is really a shame that there are only so few tracks that can be compared to LSD when the track is so good.

Almost no artist recreated the powerful, bright, springlike and energetic sound of LSD. the only tracks that in my opinion are really similar are Ayahuasca - New Moon, Phreaky - Paranormal Activity, Phreaky - Over the Moon....

Those tracks sound nothing like LSD to me. :wacko:

On the contrary, there are many artists that created a "powerful, bright, springlike and energy sound". That describes half of the music called Goa Trance. Are they identical to LSD? Obviously not. They all have their own style. No track would be special if it wasn't unique.

Some examples:

Asia 2001 - Flirt Filter

Cosmosis - Sanyacid

Jaia - Rebirth

Imperial Project - Energy Gate

Transwave - Hypersphere

Padmapani and zoomorph, you two are so funny. Isn´t it funny to see you two again inmy thread producing stress and anger. Padmapani, it is not the first time that we two have some argumentation and it is again sad to see how you use your words in order to cause trouble. Zoomorph, I don´t see you the first time saying something against me and I don´t think it will be the last time. Anyone has it´s own opinion, but to say that what you two say is a rule is dumb in my opinion. Just look in other music generes and see how many tracks are similar to each other. How comes I can find so many similar tracks to each other in other music generes but so few in goa trance. Diversity is alright, but it is not a rule and artists shouldn´t be forced to create a track that sounds different to other tracks just to be unique. How can one say that an artist is unique if ihe doesn´t sound like another aritst altough we have Filteria and many other artists that produce similar music to each other. LSD is one of my favourites and I´ve been looking for similar tracks to LSD since I have internet at home. Is this the price I and other people have to pay just because some people want to have different tracks?

I think you need to clear some wax from your ears, radi6404, if you think Phreaky sounds similar to LSD. Maybe you just haven't heard enough Goa Trance yet to hear the difference. Keep exploring... there are many good tracks beyond Hallucinogen and Astral Projection, although those two are the most popular and well known.

Again you are talking absolute crap. I heart a lot of goa and onw a lot of goa and can distinguish even minor details. If Phreaky doesn´t sound similar to you, it is your view, but to me some tracks of him sound similar, especially paranormal Activity in the beginning. I think any further argumentation is pointless here because you are trying to show me how little I know based on your subjective opinion whether Phreaky sounds similar to LSD or not. in my opnion it doesn, in yours it doesn´t. In my opinion Astral projection - Unbelievable technology sounds like Fall and winter, just like in some other users´opinion, in yours it probably sounds like spring and summer.

Again you are talking absolute crap. I heart a lot of goa and onw a lot of goa and can distinguish even minor details. If Phreaky doesn´t sound similar to you, it is your view, but to me some tracks of him sound similar, especially paranormal Activity in the beginning. I think any further argumentation is pointless here because you are trying to show me how little I know based on your subjective opinion whether Phreaky sounds similar to LSD or not. in my opnion it doesn, in yours it doesn´t. In my opinion Astral projection - Unbelievable technology sounds like Fall and winter, just like in some other users´opinion, in yours it probably sounds like spring and summer.

That's why I said to clear your ears of wax. I also want to know what headphones or speakers you use which make Phreaky sound similar to LSD. I'm sure we can figure out where your problem is if you provide more information.

I own a Asus Xonar D1 and a Creative Audigy 2Z5 with Sennheiser HD 580 earphones. If you think I don´t have a good music equipment to listen to music, you are highly mistaken. If you can´t hear the similarities between Phreaky - Over the Moon and LSD, the label owners of Yellow Sunshine explosion could placed the track right after LSD, so I think it is not our fault, but yours that you can´t hear the similarities between Phreaky - Over the Moon and hallucinogen - LSD. I do think that Yellow Sunshine explosion with their experience have a better judgment of what is similar than you do.

I own a Asus Xonar D1 and a Creative Audigy 2Z5 with Sennheiser HD 580 earphones. If you think I don´t have a good music equipment to listen to music, you are highly mistaken. If you can´t hear the similarities between Phreaky - Over the Moon and LSD, the label owners of Yellow Sunshine explosion could placed the track right after LSD, so I think it is not our fault, but yours that you can´t hear the similarities between Phreaky - Over the Moon and hallucinogen - LSD. I do think that Yellow Sunshine explosion with their experience have a better judgment of what is similar than you do.

Dude, you needn't answer, he was trolling you -_-"

Padmapani and zoomorph, you two are so funny. Isn´t it funny to see you two again inmy thread producing stress and anger. Padmapani, it is not the first time that we two have some argumentation and it is again sad to see how you use your words in order to cause trouble.

cause trouble? produce stress and anger? dude...

it's a messageboard where people state their opinions, and when i read something that totally goes against my own perception, i'll say so. we don't agree, so what?

if that gets you stressed or angry, that's quite frankly not my problem. i'm not here simply to agree with you all the time.

• Like 1

No, but you can express yourself differently or try to think a minute before you are typing. I don´t see a lot of reasong in your posts and it is not the first time, but one time of many that we have an argumentation. This i because you state your opinion without caring about the general opinion of people. You say that goa trance tracks have to be diverse without asking yourself what others can do who look for similar tracks to one certain track. I don´t know if it aktually is the case, but one reason why there are so few similar tracks one another could be that fans like you demand artists to produce their own sound without caring that others want some similar tracks. do you know ho w many times I´ve seen someone asking for similar music to Astral Projection, Hallucinogen, MFG or others here and on Isratrance? I guess you wont even bother to answer that question because, as it seems to me, your main goal is not to state your opnion, but to look for an argumentation. Otherwise you would have answered my question in the other thread about what others should do when they look for similar tracks.

*** RESULTS OF LISTENING *** Dec. 09, 2014 ***

Report generated for: radi6404

Tracks for comparison:

1. Hallucinogen - LSD (Twisted; 1995)

2. Phreaky - Over The Moon (Goa-Head Vol.2; 1997)

Headphones used:

1. Sennheiser HD600

2. Sennheiser HD650

Methodology:

- Ear wax was cleaned before listening. Suggestion that opponents follow same procedure.

** RESULTS **

Phreaky similarities with LSD:

- Both have a 4/4 beat.

- Both in style "Goa Trance".

- Both contain syntheses from the Roland TB-303.

- Both have approx 140 BPM.

Phreaky differences with LSD:

- LSD contains voice samples. Phreaky does not.

- LSD is about drugs. Phreaky is about big things floating through space.

- Tracks are in a different key.

- Phreaky is much darker, more repetitive, harsh, and less melodic.

- LSD is more soft, trippy, and has a more polished production.

- LSD has a very unique, continually changing, very bright and special melody. Missing in Phreaky.

- LSD sounds unique. Phreaky sounds like average, mediocre Goa Trance.

Conclusion:

The tracks are NOT notably similar.

Final rating:

Hallucinogen - LSD = 9/10

Phreaky - Over The Moon = 5/10

The following users are WRONG to claim that these tracks are similar:

- radio6404

- Anyone else who agrees with him.

*** CASE CLOSED ***

• Like 5