Title: Only For The Wicked

Label: Neogoa

Date: December, 2014

1. Entwined

2. Only For The Wicked

3. Daimon - Codex (Dragon Twins Remix)

4. Time Has A Mouth

5. Inner Caveman Dub

Neogoa is a netlabel that has been hooking your broke ass up with quality goa trance music since the last white guy was president. At least it seems that way. To be honest if you aren't aware of the massive contribution Neogoa has made for goa trance then I also assume your network consists of two dixie cups and a ball of yarn. Run by Richpa this label has been instrumental in providing some of the best goa music FOR FREE. One of his latest releases is this EP by forum regular Djuna aka Belgian Mathias Pico aka...Dragon Twins.

Seems funny to me that Dragon Twins is one guy. Twins...two. Anyone else?

The EP opens with an eerie ambient intro and launches right into Only For The Wicked. A screechy tune to be sure, but a great set up to his remix of Daimon's Codex. Now in the spirit of full disclosure that track is one of my absolute favorites. The remix is different yet no less bombastic and I enjoyed his take on it greatly. Time Has a Mouth is a psychedelic goa track with a hydra like number of heads. Thumping kick and squirrely 303. The final track is a downtempo goa one that crept along alien bubbles. Really good stuff.

Bottom line this is a great EP (again for free) with good flow and great goa trance. The artwork is impressive (hi-fives Richpa) and the mastering by Stryder gives this a clean sound for hours of repeated plays. There has been some debate as to whether the mastering takes away from the quality of the music (a complaint that is unfortunately leveled against a lot of releases). I'm no audiophile, but I can tell you this.

It fills my house with some awesome sound.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Mmm, sorry to say but these tracks sound like they're from the 90"s without mastering.

If I compare this to the Dragon Twins track on Aurora Sidera, I can't believe it comes from the same time age.

This one sounds too unfinished and amateurish. Sorry.

Can't believe this is a 2014 sound when The Third Wave from today sounds so much better and new.

Thanks for the feedback! The thing is that OFTW is a stand-alone release and it's more or less the mastering artist insisted on, the oldschoolish sound and vibe. Some people liked, some others don't. I don't have special opinion, I think it reflected the old sound very well and the music is aimed to the people who like/dig more retro Goa trance.

Thanks for the feedback! The thing is that OFTW is a stand-alone release and it's more or less the mastering artist insisted on, the oldschoolish sound and vibe. Some people liked, some others don't. I don't have special opinion, I think it reflected the old sound very well and the music is aimed to the people who like/dig more retro Goa trance.

Thanks for the explanation, Richpa. Fair enough. :)