Selling my entire CD collection soon! (~1100 CDs)

mars

Hello

I just finished updating my whole Psy/Ambient collection on Discogs. 972 CDs.

I still have to add my techno/trance/dance/newage and jean-michel jarre cds (100 more).

And in a few days I'll put everything for sale. Well, maybe not everything, for, some are very hard to let go (IFO, Twisted, Silicon Trip, Hol Bauman...). But most likely, everything will go eventually.

The idea took form when I was dying in the hospital almost 2 years ago. I thought: "but they're going to be thrown in the trash and nobody else will enjoy them". I didn't eventually die but fact is, I hardly pull the CDs from the shelves anymore since I also own my whole collection in the digital format and listen to it that way.

So it's time for to let them go and I hope you'll enjoy owning them :)That's a tough decision I'm taking, with a tear in the eye, almost.

I'm used to saying that what's on my shelves isn't in the top 10 biggest Psy collections (probably in the top 50), but it is one of the most comprehensive collections. There's what I considered to be the best in Goa, Minimal, Progressive, Downtempo, Ambient, IDM...and even FullOn, over the years. That's my tastes of course :) There's also a bunch of CDs I was offered and kept for no reason over the years...

Anyway, it's here: http://www.discogs.com/user/fmars/collection

I'm letting a couple of friends choose a few CDs first but they already have a bigger collection and won't take many. And you can start checking out what you'd like to buy in a few days.

Thanks for your attention.

i feel your pain brother.. i had already organised if i died someone on psynews here was getting my collection.. could take what they wanted.. all rest was to be distributed for free amongst you all here

you have a great collection fabien.. and still have the music.. keep the ones that are sentimental to you... as i did.. i no longer regret selling as most of them don't even get played.. so many young people out there don't get the chance to listen to what we have/had as they not around any more.. or to expensive

can we see a picture of this shelve? :)

p.s.

i have huge collection of cd, sbut is in my pre-psy era... i am happy to have it all digital now, it is really handy to be able to have all your music backed up and a copy in a pocket.

my psy downtempo wave collection is 569 releases. they take only 175gb of space in apple lossless. so basically in a pocket.

So, I'll start the whole sale on discogs this week BUT if you want to "reserve" some, you can have a look at http://www.discogs.com/user/fmars/collection

and email me at mars@suntriprecords.com to save on discogs fees.

Note a bunch are already sold/reserved (IFO, Mind Rewind, Accidental Occidentalism), but you can just take your chances. I'm planning on selling at the average Discogs price + make discounts on big orders, etc.

MERCI FABIEN !!!!!!!!!!!!! MERCI MERCI MERCI <3<3<3<3<3

Steuplé steuplé steuplé ! Je veux ceux-là ! Tu me les fais à combien ????

Ceux en gras et en rouge, je les veux encore plus !!!!!

Astropilot - Here and Now

VA - Organic Visions

Nova Fractal - The Call of Goa

Space Elves - Terrestrial Planets Finders

Nebula Meltdown - Stardust Chronicles

Mindwave - Insight

E-Mantra - Nemesis

E-Mantra - Pathfinder

E-Mantra - Arcana

Crossing Mind - The Holographic Paradigm

Crossing Mind - The Inner Shift

Artifact303 - Back to Space

Je peux,dis ? je peux ?

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to discogs, 587 left, wow, that is impressive. I am sorry to hear you let your collection go, but at the same time I understand you completely and there might a day I'd do the same. Music has to go at some point, but is good to have an archive and listen if you want :)

• 3 weeks later...

:o your babies! why?!

I never listen to them any more. They just sit there in storage. Maybe someone else could get some satisfaction from them. I'll wait a little while though and find out if my son has any interest in taking over his dad's trance collection.

I never listen to them any more. They just sit there in storage. Maybe someone else could get some satisfaction from them. I'll wait a little while though and find out if my son has any interest in taking over his dad's trance collection.

yeah i thought that about my kids... even if they do.. i still have enough for them to listen to for 10 lifetimes and that excludes the thousands i ripped to cd i still have!

glad others can see my reasoning for doing so.. as i sure have copped alot of slack from people here over the years for selling! (not that i give a shit)

you have some great stuff others will love... spread the love i say

with the rest of what doesnt sell i think i am going to give away

watch this space!

• Like 1