Nervasystem............Voodoo Voltage Label & Lots Of New Releases.....

They were manufactured in a pressing plant. They have digipak sleeves. They have printed Discs which have a slightly green-ish backing. Is this what you refer to as a CDr?

Sorry to say that, but if You asked cd factory for pressing cds, they simply cheated You. These are 100% no pressed cds from the glass master. Till now it's ok, but in a few years those cdrs become garbage with no data

Every CDr has different serial number - You can see it on inner ring, very hard to read. lot of numbers & letters

No ifpi codes (manufacturer codes)

RFD80M-79249 - Ritek CDrs, capacity 80 min.

I haven't seen this, however there are very well made and packaged CDrs. From my collection I have this:

http://www.discogs.com/Mindustries-Minds-In-Motion/release/4859144

It comes in a high quality glossy digipak and when seen from above you won't say it's a CDr, but it's a CDr. Which is a big big shame because it's a great Industrial Hardcore Techno album on a label which released a lot of proper CDs. But that's another topic in the other electronica section, lol.

There are 100 CDs. And i made 30 box sets too each with 2 CDs. They cost me, and i got them pressed professionally. There will only ever be that many as i do not want to press too many, as most of the release is centered around the digital download which commences on Feb 11th.

I thought it would be nice to do a few physical product for collectors and enthusiasts......

Maybe there will be more things in the future. They will be strictly limited edition.

Personally, I'd rather make vinyl, it's a far superior artefact, but ther are a lot less people collecting vinyl than people collecting CDs it seems. I tried crowd funding a vinyl E.P. last year, and it did not raise the required amount, which is a real shame as i much prefer it as a medium. I know people love CDs too........so that is why i made them, as there is a desire for a physical product, plus the fact that i also design the artwork and if you got in early on the box sets, then they als ocame with the fine art prints and extras...............

I take it quite personally when i get complaints, and of course i will refund anyone who is unhappy with the albums, but this kind of thing means i will very likely avoid making anything in the future. I dont need to do this, and it certainly doesnt make sense for me to do so for any kind of profit or financial rewards, it's a labour of love really, and a means of communication from an artist to those who may be interested.

Anyway. Take it or leave it............

Peace. Over and out..........................

There is CD duplication and CD replication

CD printing houses do them both. Both look legit and the same, one is essentially a high grade burn (and they are far better than home burning), the other is a glass master and would be official.

Honestly, with the smallness of this scene, I expect duplication especially from the tiny 100-200 runs.

Replication is for when you are doing, at least, 500

Both look legit and the same, one is essentially a high grade burn (and they are far better than home burning),

My 2 cents, not truth. Burning is burning no matter what equipment You're using. Who told You that burning at pressing plant makes CDr live longer? I guess pressing factory advert.

It all depends how product is stored, how often used, the more frequent change of temperature (usage) the shorter life of CDr. Ususaly it's few years (5-7), but could be 1-2 years. Some of my home burned CDrs lives longer then 'officialy manufactured' for example Asura "Aftermath"

But never mind, I understand producing of 100 copies pressed cds costs not much less then 500. (350-400 EUR?) so it's not economic if You want to earn some bucks.

I used to work at a replication and duplication company for a short bit of time

Think of it like the difference between a commercial espresso machine and a home espresso machine.
One has a proper water boiler and pressure inside the steam wand, the other doesn't.

Quite often, there is a difference between home and commercial

Just got my CDs - thanks Drezz!

However, those are CDr-s and the whole packaging feels home-made, i.e. the digipacks are much thinner than usual, instead of shrinkwrap there's plastic envelopes. Hope the music makes up for that (and the price ;)) - will report back.

Quick impressions - I'm hugely & positively surprised by the up-tempo CD. "Surprised" because it sounds nothing like Nervasystem of the past - it's more melodic, sometimes funky but also can get pretty dark, chaotic and psychotic sometimes. If I were to look for similar stuff, I'd say:

- last Koxbox "U-Turn" album ("FM17 in particular"),

- a bit of Hedonix (incidental sounds, overall "tweakery" of everything that can be tweaked),

- Nebula Meltdown (very "trancey", droning structures), and

- OOOD (acid lines from "A Live", funkiness of "Free Range") and obviously because of Colin's mastering.

But despite those similarities, it sounds overall pretty original, but it is NOT goa so might not be to everyone's liking here.

Expect a review soon, but I really love it!

CDs all sold out.

Albums will appear online at Re:Volt in next few days. Thanks to all who supported the physical release.

Expect a compilation in the Spring/Summer on Voodoo Voltage with some very big names from the original UK scene and others............

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, all CDs and boxes now all gone.................

Problem is, now people keep asking me for more boxes and CDs. Seems the box sets went down very well and people love them, and after a brief visit to Israel for a gig it seems there is still demand, so i am considering making some more boxes but only if people are up for pre ordering again, just like last time. BTW for those who only want digital, the albums are available through Re:Volt, as is the rest of the Voodoo Voltage releases.......................

Guest antic

What's the difference between the 'box' and 'CDs'?

I never knew there was a difference there and bought regular CDs.

Damn! :angry:

Good question - I thought that the "boxes" are those with Quarz rods (nice idea btw.) + digipack wrapping of each CD (at least that is what I received).

But that's just my Interpretation :-)

Good question - I thought that the "boxes" are those with Quarz rods (nice idea btw.) + digipack wrapping of each CD (at least that is what I received).

But that's just my Interpretation :-)

Isn't that exactly what the limited edition box is? Both CDs + artwork prints + sticker + crystals in a black cardboard box (what I received also).

Guest antic

Isn't that exactly what the limited edition box is? Both CDs + artwork prints + sticker + crystals in a black cardboard box (what I received also).

Could be, but I was never aware something like this is available - I just got two separate "CDs" in digipacks, in a home-made shrinkwrap.

yes, this is correct. black box a4size, 2 fine art prints, 2 CDs in digipak and two quartz crystals. a package for collectors and thrill kids alike !!! :) it's fun................hand numbered and signed. i'll only make more if there is enough demand.

yes, this is correct. black box a4size, 2 fine art prints, 2 CDs in digipak and two quartz crystals. a package for collectors and thrill kids alike !!! :) it's fun................hand numbered and signed. i'll only make more if there is enough demand.

Do you have a quartz mine next door or where you harvest those rods?

:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...