Is Flying Rhino finally Back?

desysko

So for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, apparently Flying Rhino has released 2 free tracks under one Ep called The Ascension EP. It features Darshan and 4D (which is made up of Grant Collins and James Monro aka Technossomy). While I haven't given it a full and proper listen, I've listened to some short snippets of it, and it seems interesting at the very least. Just wanted to share the news for folks who either missed it or don't know at all.

By the way, here's the links:

https://soundcloud.com/flyingrhinomusic/4d-addicted-flying-rhino-free-download?in=flyingrhinomusic/sets/flying-rhino-fr001-2-track-ep

Yea, I would agree that it isn't anything too special or incredibly unique, but hopefully this is a start of a great new beginning.

I liked Darshan's track a bit more than 4D's, but not too surprising since 4D is more techno oriented.

not bad, at least it's not the boring cliché post-fullon/minimal-crossover/dubstep crap.

darshan actually sounds a bit like a more minimalistic version of martian arts to me.

but i like the 4d track with the techno vibe more. that's the kind of techno that imho fits psy nicely. still a whole dj set of this stuff would likely be too much :)

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

The darshan track was so boring to me.

4D track I liked but it was a bit techno for sure.

I wonder if there's going to be ANY goa vibes coming from this label.

I don't think there will be any Goa to find on Flying Rhino. As I was told they will follow in the footstep of where they left the label..

I have to say I am dissapointed too regarding the free release.

Anoebis, just because you don't like a type of music does not make it musically mediocre. It's taken a while for me to understand that but it's true. I must say the Darshan track doesnt cut it for me but the 4D is a nice piece of darkish techno, I like the rhythm and percussion. Would definitely get a good response in many clubs I've dj'd at. I much preferred the later FR releases so it's good to see them back in their element. They have a release on Beatport now too. Look forward to some good Psy minimal coming back instead of the rubbish they've called "prog"'for the last decade.

I really liked both tunes, for a change. But then again I also love techno, minimal, progressive house and other modern productions.

I think to expect FR to do "pure goa trance of the 90s" would be foolish, they might be a fine label experimenting in other directions too, with a touch of psychedelia. I'd be very happy about it and am happy they restarted, let's be positive, I am sure some good stuff can come out