Help identifying this old school style

Neilz

Hi all, I hope I've chosen the right forum for this. I've been looking at old footage on YouTube of full moon parties in Koh Phangan, Thailand. It's where I first discovered trance back in 99. But looking back, I always struggle to place the style, as I don't really hear stuff like it any more.

The music was quite minimal, very acid driven. I'm not sure if it's strictly trance, or more techno, or what - all I remember is at the time it used to send me totally crazy! I still like the sound and want to try and identify the genre, if not any exact tracks.

There's a great example in this documentary I found from 1988. (Watch the whole thing if you want, it's rather odd at times with some interesting characters (!) but you have to say it's great rare footage). The music I'm talking about is at the end, starting quietly in the background at 40mins, and peaking at 42mins.

Hey great stuff, well spotted, thanks! They played mostly Goa at the parties but there was a lot of acid stuff like this thrown in too.

Can you think of some examples of Goa from this era which also had a similar style of acid synths going on?