What's the worst goa track you've come across?

Oopie

Of course not, this is a parody track. Murka (the melody which starts at 4:45) is a well-known song of Russian thieves. I won't post the original song because it can be damaging to your mental health, google it at your own risk.

:lol: ha ha awesome RLoop, I'll google it tomorrow ;)

So many shitracks i tried to forget, are now back with their demonic 'sounds' in my mind thanks to this topic. These worst examples are probably very much loved by people but i can't stand them...

That melody at 3:12... what da faq is that? Completly ruins whole track, actually ruins the essence of music itself lol

Same with this one at 4:05, i have to run away from partyplace when played. Music supposed to be pleasent, this is not pleasent!

Maybe not worst tracks, but worst melodies... which for me makes them worst lol

A very sad topic indeed, thanks for sharing positivity and effecting me :lol:

So many shitracks i tried to forget, are now back with their demonic 'sounds' in my mind thanks to this topic. These worst examples are probably very much loved by people but i can't stand them...

That melody at 3:12... what da faq is that? Completly ruins whole track, actually ruins the essence of music itself lol

Same with this one at 4:05, i have to run away from partyplace when played. Music supposed to be pleasent, this is not pleasent!

Goa as a music genre is small. You look at how many people currently have a new release on discogs and it's in the 90s maybe.. hopefully.

Now someone could say they have heard your tracks and wow hopefully D5 got paid really good to let you butcher their track.

Now you have drama. You talked some trash about etnica and psy gone. That prompted someone to talk trash to you. You guys are slowly killing each other. Misery loves company? Or if I can't have it no one can? If you can't beat em, join em.. if you secretly love drama.. nod your head.

There is no bad goa. If it's bad it's not goa!

There are no bad human beings. If they're bad, they're not human beings.

Uh, I'm sorry but it doesn't exactly work like that. Unless you live in some sort of a weird isolated bubble.

Goa as a music genre is small. You look at how many people currently have a new release on discogs and it's in the 90s maybe.. hopefully.

Now someone could say they have heard your tracks and wow hopefully D5 got paid really good to let you butcher their track.

Now you have drama. You talked some trash about etnica and psy gone. That prompted someone to talk trash to you. You guys are slowly killing each other. Misery loves company? Or if I can't have it no one can? If you can't beat em, join em.. if you secretly love drama.. nod your head.

Drama? I just replied to question in topic title, it's about TRACK, not a project or guy behind it. Just like them, i express myself trough music. What's beautiful for them it could be worst for me, or opossite. Same way we have freedom to express trough words. He thinks my music is beautiful, you dont. What can i do? Accept and move forward, it's not for everyone :)

But lets talk trash about myself to, here is one lets say 'track':

Made back in 2008... lets just start with name... and there is also nitzho version. When you hear it... perfectly fits into this topic! And so many more from myself to share some another time

• Like 1

Same with this one at 4:05, i have to run away from partyplace when played. Music supposed to be pleasent, this is not pleasent

Those melodies may have a bit of cheese to them but I still like them. At least they're not forgettable like many "serious" melodies you hear these days. :P

Drama? I just replied to question in topic title, it's about TRACK, not a project or guy behind it. Just like them, i express myself trough music. What's beautiful for them it could be worst for me, or opossite. Same way we have freedom to express trough words. He thinks my music is beautiful, you dont. What can i do? Accept and move forward, it's not for everyone :)

But lets talk trash about myself to, here is one lets say 'track':

Made back in 2008... lets just start with name... and there is also nitzho version. When you hear it... perfectly fits into this topic! And so many more from myself to share some another time

I really like the in your face rawness of this track. It's a little cheesy too but I don't care, it sounds neat.

I still love you imba :P

There are no bad human beings. If they're bad, they're not human beings.Uh, I'm sorry but it doesn't exactly work like that. Unless you live in some sort of a weird isolated bubble.

I think when the numbers are small, you do everything to promote growth under any circumstances. When you can afford casualties, then you fire a few shots.

How this response is a direct response to your statement is there are tons of bubbles. Work life bubble. Political life bubble. Music bubble. How I am around kids bubble.

Goa cannot afford cheap shots. Now make no mistake about it. I'm almost positive there's some of you who cant stand the music bubble but you do the right thing to promote growth for many reasons.

Now if the goa bubble was as big as pop bubble where you had an artist trash another artist at a music awards show.. have fucking at it. But when you only think about a new release and only pressing 200 CDs, something can absolutely be said.

Does this clear it up or you think otherwise? I'm not trying to engage into an argument. A healthy debate. I feel I present my side, the pro positive vibe side, now you explain to me how goa is not considered a weird isolated music bubble genre? If it is maybe we should treat it as such

*drops mic*

Goa cannot afford cheap shots.

many of us have been around since the 00s. compared to back then goa is huge now. if i dislike something i don't say "it's great" like i did back then, just because it was goa. also i've become a lot more picky and i can afford to do so.

But lets talk trash about myself to, here is one lets say 'track'

this one doesn't fit in this thread. it's as least as good as 70% of goa trance tracks, which are unknown to me, that i hear in dj sets.

isn't there an imba darkpsy track on some obscure compilation? if you have to choose one of your tracks for this thread (which i think you shouldn't do), i'd take that one. ;)

i think the best work of filteria was his remix of prana recently

about the track i posted - different people different taste indeed but some details about what i think

decent start until 1.19 and a terrible vocal sample

2.00 uninteresting random melody and after 2.30 sounds even more random and very amateur

3.40 same it sounds like random notes

4.10 again that out of place vocal sample followed by another random melody

5.15 sounds like a cheap imitation of etnica

what i like about that track the part at 6.20 interesting synths

7.15 a final exhausting chaos of random notes

in comparison the etnica melody posted by imba sounds nice and fun

same goes for the psygone track

what do you like about it by the way?

I think it might be not so easy to answer? There's a lot of the kind that you might think "I don't like this" but it's not necessarily bad, just forgettable. Well, I was just recording one DAT tape late in the night, this track starts to play and... I started laughing it just sounds like every little thing done wrong.

Hi! I remember well that track. It came, if I am not wrong, in Fill your head with Phantasm Vol.4... what a shame track... If I can remember well, it was Eco System - Brainbow, shorter version in the compilation (thanks! haha)

Anyway, talking about tracks which seems to me a real disaster (beside the one you mentioned) is another one which came in that compilation, too.

It is Aether - Opti-Mystic:

How can a track which starts so nice, changes so interestingly at a minute and less than a minute after (about 1.55), it starts to get absolutely wrong each bar that counts.

Listening to that track was like: oh, what a nice groove to start with! Let's listen to the end, and a couple of minutes later it was like: ¬¬U

• Like 1

i think the best work of filteria was his remix of prana recently

about the track i posted - different people different taste indeed but some details about what i think

decent start until 1.19 and a terrible vocal sample

2.00 uninteresting random melody and after 2.30 sounds even more random and very amateur

3.40 same it sounds like random notes

4.10 again that out of place vocal sample followed by another random melody

5.15 sounds like a cheap imitation of etnica

what i like about that track the part at 6.20 interesting synths

7.15 a final exhausting chaos of random notes

in comparison the etnica melody posted by imba sounds nice and fun

same goes for the psygone track

what do you like about it by the way?

i like the melody after the speech sample around 1:20. filteria meets k.o.b.

2:00 is just a typical filteria melody. if i didn't like that i'd hate sky input and heliopolis. and back then i did. it took me a long time to look through all that seems like randomness and get into his sound.

there's a nice rhytmic sound and some weird fx at around 3:03

the melodies at 2:30 and 3:40 are variations that "logically" (if you're used to filteria's style) follow the original melody from 2:00. actually 4:10 and 5:15 are the same thing. i don't see anything etnica abour 5:15.

i don't like that bit at 6:20 too much ;)

the climax at 7:15 isn't one of his best.

yeah, filteria is a very acquired taste. at first it seems as if everything is totally over the top, cheesy "circus" music, with completely random melodies. it took me a long time (actually, until daze which is more accessible and conventional) until it finally made click and now those filteria melodies seem to follow a kind of logical progression. there is definitely some sort of logic or concept behind all his music.

but i don't see how in this respect this track is different than sky input or heliopolis (the melodies sound like old filteria while the patches sound smooth like on daze)...

alien protein has a few pretty weak melodies. the one in microdrive although imho worse than any from that filteria track is still harmless compared to the one at 2:33 in party droid. that melody (as well as the horrible synth patch) really gets on my nerves.

• Like 1

i like the melody after the speech sample around 1:20. filteria meets k.o.b.

2:00 is just a typical filteria melody. if i didn't like that i'd hate sky input and heliopolis. and back then i did. it took me a long time to look through all that seems like randomness and get into his sound.

there's a nice rhytmic sound and some weird fx at around 3:03

the melodies at 2:30 and 3:40 are variations that "logically" (if you're used to filteria's style) follow the original melody from 2:00. actually 4:10 and 5:15 are the same thing. i don't see anything etnica abour 5:15.

i don't like that bit at 6:20 too much ;)

the climax at 7:15 isn't one of his best.

yeah, filteria is a very acquired taste. at first it seems as if everything is totally over the top, cheesy "circus" music, with completely random melodies. it took me a long time (actually, until daze which is more accessible and conventional) until it finally made click and now those filteria melodies seem to follow a kind of logical progression. there is definitely some sort of logic or concept behind all his music.

but i don't see how in this respect this track is different than sky input or heliopolis (the melodies sound like old filteria while the patches sound smooth like on daze)...

alien protein has a few pretty weak melodies. the one in microdrive although imho worse than any from that filteria track is still harmless compared to the one at 2:33 in party droid. that melody (as well as the horrible synth patch) really gets on my nerves.

You must make the best music with that level of judging. Where's the links to your tracks again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...